You are obviously not familiar with
    Sarcasm
    02-02-16 11:06 AM
    Your claim is bogus. That NEVER happens.

Go.
    He who prefixes his claim with never has forever to be proven wrong.
    02-02-16 11:16 AM
    Attachment 389715

Posted via CB10
    Nope, it tastes like my phone

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 11:18 AM
    New assertion!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 11:24 AM
    [QUOTE=crucial bbq;12243849]The more tech rules our lives the lazier we become. It still amazes (though it shouldn't) that despite having the Internet at our fingertips the majority simply do not bother.

QUOTE]

I don't want the internets to know I'm stoupid.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 12:05 PM
    I don't want the internets to know I'm stoupid.
    Then don't post.
    02-02-16 12:07 PM
    You are obviously not familiar with the "Talk" tab or the "View History" tab at the top of each Wiki. Or that if you know a page contains false information that you can go in and correct it; and of course citing your reasons in Talk and with the older version of the page (the one that contained the errors) becoming 100% archived and accessible as is.

Here is the link to Talk tab for the BB10 page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:BlackBerry_10

Here is the History tab:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...action=history
    *woosh*
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    02-02-16 12:39 PM
    If I saw it on the internet then it must be true...

Wikipedia doesn't lie!

You are obviously not familiar with the "Talk" tab or the "View History" tab at the top of each Wiki. Or that if you know a page contains false information that you can go in and correct it; and of course citing your reasons in Talk and with the older version of the page (the one that contained the errors) becoming 100% archived and accessible as is.

Here is the link to Talk tab for the BB10 page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:BlackBerry_10

Here is the History tab:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...action=history
    You are obviously not familiar with sarcasm everyone knows Wiki has false information

.....I love CrackBerry lol, never change.
    02-03-16 06:45 AM
    Here is a scenario that I am sure most of you have observed.
    It seems to be happening more and more.

1. A poster makes a claim that doesn't stand up to any amount of scrutiny.
    2. Somebody else refutes their claim.

Typically no response is forthcoming and no responsibility is taken.
    No attempt at convergence on truth occurs.

It makes that original poster look foolish and it is disrespectful to the community.

People please check your facts.
    In some cases people need to learn what a fact is and then check it.
    <Rant>

Sometimes people are just following BB's lead though. For example BB is marketing the Priv as a "secure smartphone". In the words of the great Mike Lazaridis "that's just not fair" to the consumer, who will think they are getting a secure smartphone (nope not at all). I would even go so far as to say this is false advertising.

For one the iPhone is much more secure. The Nexus 6P also more secure. If were talking business then Knox and Blackphone > B B. So technically the Priv is on the lower end of the security spectrum and yet it is branded "secure". If a car is one of the slower cars on the road can you market it as being "fast"?. Certainly not, and part of this is because speed is easily quantifiable, whereas smartphone security is not.

To understand the security level of Priv relative to the competition, one needs to know that by far the worst platform for malware is Android (advantage iPhone and BB10) and Marshmallow is more secure than Lollipop, even with app intrusion detection system (DTEK).

Some will say that BB needs to do this, and I do understand BB's situation, but it is never ok to mislead (IMO). Sorry for the rant

</rant>
    02-08-16 02:51 PM
    Thanks techvisor for proving exactly what the OP was taking about. As per the numbers in 2015, ios was the second most vulnerable software right behind Mac OS X with 384 and 375 vulnerabilities respectively. Android was a distant 20th with 130.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/31/so...ios-and-flash/

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-08-16 03:08 PM
    Thanks techvisor for proving exactly what the OP was taking about. As per the numbers in 2015, ios was the second most vulnerable software right behind Mac OS X with 384 and 375 vulnerabilities respectively. Android was a distant 20th with 130.

Software with the most vulnerabilities in 2015: Mac OS X, iOS, and Flash | VentureBeat | Security | by Emil Protalinski

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Can something be more vulnerable and more secure at the same time? Why yes it can, I'll provide a simple analogy. There is a house will all doors and windows open all the time. This house is completely vulnerable but also completely secure because it is desolate, surrounded by uninhabited areas.

The amount of malicious exploits created for a platform, allowable malicious apps in Play or App Store, and speed in which patches are deployed are extremely important factors in the security equation. In the mobile world, Android is the target of about 97% of malicious exploits. iOS also has the advantage of getting direct updates from Apple, so patches are available much more quickly (except for Nexus).

Now to be clear, I would feel perfectly safe using a Priv, as the threat to mobile devices in general is very low. My problem is with the marketing term "secure smartphone", indicating that it is more secure than other phones. To me this is an outrageous claim by BB.

If you truly want to be objective then go Windows Phone. According to Eugene Kaspersky Windows Phone has the best security: "Windows is a much better operating system than the rest (iOS, OS X and Android) and Microsoft is tightening it up much more in the next version": Windows Phone security is top notch, says Kaspersky

If BB really wants to have what I would consider good security, they would provide direct updates and use the latest OS version, which is widely acknowledged to have some major security improvements. Also they should have an ant-virus/anti-malware program that comes with BB phones. Perhaps they can integrate this into the next version of DTEK?
    Alain_A likes this.
    02-09-16 01:37 PM
    03-21-16 12:39 PM
    After we talking about Donald Trump?

Z10
    03-21-16 12:44 PM
    Chen isn't even half as enthusiastic about BlackBerry Android phones... his tweet reeks of "Oh werr, teh test devices running the Google we are committed tru"

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 12:47 PM
    Chen isn't even half as enthusiastic about BlackBerry Android phones... his tweet reeks of "Oh werr, teh test devices running the Google we are committed tru"

Posted via CB10
    I see you do impressions.
    Very nice <pats valer466 on the head/>.
    03-21-16 12:52 PM
    If I saw it on the internet then it must be true...

Wikipedia doesn't lie!
    You forgot to give credit to Einstein. He said it first!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 04:22 PM
    The "Post Truth Era" came early to CrackBerry.
    11-26-16 06:09 PM
    The "Post Truth Era" came early to CrackBerry.
    "It's the economy, stupid"
    Another quote...

Every eco-chamber has its own truths, why not crackberry?

Speaking of Einstein, a few decades ago, in a different language, people used to say: "the truth is relative."
    It's nice to see that the Oxford dictionary has discovered the "post truth"concept.
    �n fact, according to BBC the "post truth" term was introduced in the former Yugoslavia in the early 1990's. I hope that's where the similarities with the US election end.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sorinv; 11-26-16 at 07:41 PM.
    11-26-16 06:49 PM
    Because people here want an utopic reality to become true

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 09:24 AM
    Because people here want an utopic reality to become true
    Well put.
    I guess the idea is to create truth with lies.
    11-27-16 09:27 AM
    Well put.
    I guess the idea is to create truth with lies.
    Actually, like how OS 10 failure was because Chen is the "Antichrist" (a timing mistake made from Thor and the one before him), The Playbook (Thor bring your Hammer with OS 10 for playbook please), BlackBerry Android (well OS 10 was soooo succesfull and produced so many Cash than it allowed BlackBerry or "Chenberry" these days to make also BlackBerry Android for the farandula market, leaving os 10 for the serious and succesfull market) and finally, the most hilarious fact, non-marketing, when I read this I ask myself if humanity is ******** (maybe the New World order have something to do whith this?) or Just stupid, if you have an obsolete OS, and you are competing with two already stablished OS (Apple and gogle), that have two years as a superb OS'es, and you launch an unfinished, buggy, overpriced and not intuitive (for new users and BlackBerry OS people) OS, 3 years later of the date it had to be released to stand a chance, with an already damaged name, to market, it is going to be a failure, not marketing will be able to make a pig look like a king, and there was marketing, or you people forgot about the superbowl?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 09:39 AM
    Hey, that's not PG, and unsuitable for CB.... Pervit the frog??

;-)

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-27-16 03:22 PM
    Actually, like how OS 10 failure was because Chen is the "Antichrist" (a timing mistake made from Thor and the one before him), The Playbook (Thor bring your Hammer with OS 10 for playbook please), BlackBerry Android (well OS 10 was soooo succesfull and produced so many Cash than it allowed BlackBerry or "Chenberry" these days to make also BlackBerry Android for the farandula market, leaving os 10 for the serious and succesfull market) and finally, the most hilarious fact, non-marketing, when I read this I ask myself if humanity is ******** (maybe the New World order have something to do whith this?) or Just stupid, if you have an obsolete OS, and you are competing with two already stablished OS (Apple and gogle), that have two years as a superb OS'es, and you launch an unfinished, buggy, overpriced and not intuitive (for new users and BlackBerry OS people) OS, 3 years later of the date it had to be released to stand a chance, with an already damaged name, to market, it is going to be a failure, not marketing will be able to make a pig look like a king, and there was marketing, or you people forgot about the superbowl?

Posted via CB10
    Outrageous claims-538.jpg
    DrBoomBotz and Tsepz_GP like this.
    11-27-16 07:20 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	538.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	413018
    You always have been a philosophic person Thurask, your posts always have been interesting to read and understand, is like reading a well writen c�mic of batman vs the riddler, but this time, the riddle was too profund for me, don't know where the pictures are or what they mean, please enlight me and tell what the hell you mean

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 07:27 PM
    To quote the words of Jesus Christ Almighty*, 'This is one messed up generation.'

* No, not John Chen. The other one.
    11-27-16 07:35 PM
53 123