Is Silverlight supported on any of the BB browsers? because MS is pushing out Outlook.com on everybody that uses Hotmail, Windows Live Mail etc. whether we like it or not.
    A specific requirement for Outlook.com is the inclusion of Silverlight, which I understand is not currently supported on BB.
    Are we looking at ALL BB users being unable to use Outlook.com, once MS pull the rug on Hotmail and WLM???
    02-21-13 08:06 AM
    I have been using my outlook.com on my playbook for quite some time, when it was first released the webmail feature did not work but I can confirm it does now without issue. It isn't using Silverlight however.
    robkd and addickted like this.
    02-21-13 08:19 AM
    Is Silverlight supported on any of the BB browsers? because MS is pushing out Outlook.com on everybody that uses Hotmail, Windows Live Mail etc. whether we like it or not.
    A specific requirement for Outlook.com is the inclusion of Silverlight, which I understand is not currently supported on BB.
    Are we looking at ALL BB users being unable to use Outlook.com, once MS pull the rug on Hotmail and WLM???
    Do firefox and chrome support silverlight.....?

I suppose if you wanted to access your outlook.com email from your browser then you would have a problem, though I've never actually tried that before. The wonderful thing about the playbook and other bb devices is our great native email that doesn't require us to use the browser to check our email.
    addickted likes this.
    02-21-13 08:23 AM
    Outlook.com works fine from chrome and firefox.
    02-21-13 09:37 AM
    its uses HTML5 as far as i know. You can always load it on the built in email client for easiest access
    02-21-13 09:40 AM
    Outlook.com doesn't use Silverlight.

Silverlight is actually a "deprecated" technology that's being wound down. Outlook.com is rendered in HTML5, though it seems to be a bit of a weird implementation (figures for an MS product).
    02-21-13 09:46 AM
    I have my outlook.com setup on my Playbook as a Active Exchange and have had this for quite a while. And no problems working outlook.com thru the browser.
    02-21-13 10:02 AM
    I have Outlook.com as well and I have no problems receiving email and calendar updates on my Playbook.
    02-21-13 03:07 PM
    Outlook works fine on my playbook now.

Using Z10 posting on CB10
    02-21-13 05:11 PM
    I can say outlook works perfectly well on my Playbook as well.
    02-21-13 05:34 PM