Hi All,

I didn't find any info about this after searching, so figured I'd post the question in case anyone has been through the same thing.

I have an Outlook.com personal email account that I use through my BB. I've recently noticed that the emails I send from my BB on that Outlook.com account don't show up to the receiver as being sent by my actual name -- it just shows my email address as being the sender.

So I went into the email Setup options on my 9930 since I figured I had forgotten to add my name into the setup. But I discovered there's actually no place to enter your full name like there is for the 3 other email accounts I have on my BB. Usually in the Setup screen there's a box for naming the email account for your own reference, then a box for entering your own name (the name that should appear in the From field of sent emails), then the box for any email signature you might want to use. But for the Outlook.com account (and only the Outlook.com account), there's no box for entering your own name.

Am I missing something? Is it just an Outlook.com glitch with BBs? Is there a fix?

Thanks ahead for any input.
    05-28-13 01:09 PM
    Although I see the name in the advance settings, it appears to be disabled (greyed out) . Perhaps it needs to be set in the Web interface for the Outlook.com mailbox?

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-28-13 01:26 PM
    Although I see the name in the advance settings, it appears to be disabled (greyed out) . Perhaps it needs to be set in the Web interface for the Outlook.com mailbox?

I'm thinking the same thing.
    05-28-13 01:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it's different on BB10 and the Z10, but I don't think I have an Advanced Settings menu on my 9930, so I don't even see the Personal Name box at all for my Outlook setup details.

As for using the web interface, do you mean just logging into my Outlook.com account online and making sure my name is entered there? If so, my name is already entered in full. I'll also poke around through the other online settings options to see if there might be anything else that might help.
    05-28-13 02:07 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it's different on BB10 and the Z10, but I don't think I have an Advanced Settings menu on my 9930, so I don't even see the Personal Name box at all for my Outlook setup details.

As for using the web interface, do you mean just logging into my Outlook.com account online and making sure my name is entered there? If so, my name is already entered in full. I'll also poke around through the other online settings options to see if there might be anything else that might help.
    I think it is something to do with EAS API since our two devices have the same issue even though our OSes are different.

i'll check my other non-BB devices (iPad and Galaxy Tab) to see if it behaves the same.

05-29-13 06:19 AM