I'm most likely going out in about an hour or so to get a BB Pearl 8130 (pink) from Verizon. But i'm also thinking about a Samsung Alias or an LG Venus.

What makes the BB Pearl so good? If BB is so good, why are there tons of questions and complaints all over this website. If Blackberry is just as good as all of you say it is, why are there tons of threads with questions/problems/complaints? Hmm.. i'm confused.
    04-23-08 04:17 PM
    Because the operating system and user interface is a tad more advanced than "regular" phones, though there are some primitive features BB still holds on to.

Its not the easiest phone to navigate and operate so people with little to no patience think there is something wrong with it (or them).

I suggest you play with it in the store and check out all the features before to make your decision.
    04-23-08 04:27 PM
    Push email, Internet, BBM, other apps. They're very addicting.
    04-23-08 04:27 PM
    Because the operating system and user interface is a tad more advanced than "regular" phones, though there are some primitive features BB still holds on to.

Its not the easiest phone to navigate and operate so people with little to no patience think there is something wrong with it (or them).

I suggest you play with it in the store and check out all the features before to make your decision.
    I'll make sure to play with it..
    04-23-08 04:34 PM
    This a community for bb users who need help with their bb or just want to let people know how much their love their bb. No phone is perfect but I can honest say my bb is perfect for me. I feel like i wasted time and money on all other phones. One of the best things about bb is crackberry. I have met so many people great on this site and I know that if I have a question it will be answered. I don't know any other phone that has a community like this. Problems are unavoidable....no matter what...that's just life.

PS. BB is user friendly but it doesn't hurt to have a little extra help without calling a 1800 number
    Last edited by tatyana17; 04-23-08 at 04:41 PM.
    04-23-08 04:37 PM
    I'll make sure to play with it..
    ... ...better be careful.
    04-23-08 04:38 PM
    This a community for bb users who need help with their bb or just want to let people know how much their love their bb. No phone is perfect but I can honest say my bb is perfect for me. I feel like i wasted time and money on all other phones. One of the best things about bb is crackberry. I have met so many people great on this site and I know that if I have a question it will be answered. I don't know any other phone that has a community like this. Problems are unavoidable....no matter what...that's just life
    Wow, that was like.. touching? Haha crackberry is mainly the reason why I want a BB!
    04-23-08 04:41 PM
    ... ...better be careful.
    I'll try. Oh, i'm also looking forward to getting the Voyager.
    Touchscreen+Keyboard=LOVE?!
    04-23-08 04:42 PM
    I'll try. Oh, i'm also looking forward to getting the Voyager.
    Touchscreen+Keyboard=LOVE?!
    I have to admit the voyager is cool but i could never trade My curve for it. The Letter keys are too far apart on that phone...it's def more of a reach then phones like the LG enV
    04-23-08 04:49 PM
    Hm, who knows what im getting yet. ;D
    But most likely getting a BB Pearl 8130.
    Can you change the LED Light for different things like SMS?
    04-23-08 04:54 PM
    I think you can with an app called BBAlerts...
    04-23-08 04:58 PM
    For reals, it will take you a bit to hit the learning curve on your Pearl, but once you got that sucker locked, it is smooth sailing. I honestly wonder how I functioned in society before I had my Pearl.

Shoot, I am one organized muphukka.
    04-23-08 05:00 PM
    I think you can with an app called BBAlerts...
    Is it free?
    04-23-08 05:02 PM
    For reals, it will take you a bit to hit the learning curve on your Pearl, but once you got that sucker locked, it is smooth sailing. I honestly wonder how I functioned in society before I had my Pearl.

Shoot, I am one organized muphukka.

LMAO
    ..I had to read this twice to understand it.
    04-23-08 05:03 PM
    Haha yeah right. Heres the link so you can check it out. BBAlerts
    04-23-08 05:05 PM
    Hm, who knows what im getting yet. ;D
    But most likely getting a BB Pearl 8130.
    Can you change the LED Light for different things like SMS?
    Well if you do get a BB pearl.... Pin Me... so we can chat cuz you seem like a chill person
    04-23-08 05:10 PM
    just got rid of my pearl at verizon...software problems, replaced with a 8830 at no charge
    04-23-08 05:15 PM
    Thank you!
    04-23-08 05:22 PM
    before my 8130 i had the "alias", but it wasn't called that when i got it over a year ago, it was just a samsung whatevernumber it is. i loved the phone but i wanted more (email and such). i had a lot of typos with it because the buttons on the edges are close to raised edges that interfere with typing. i type much faster on my 8130. my brother has the voyager and i think the thing is just ginormus and i could never use it.
    04-23-08 07:28 PM
    Pearl is the way to go! Or you can wait for the Curve that may come in a month or two (or more.)
    04-23-08 07:52 PM
    I have no patience whatsoever, I was ready to send the pearl back the first night I got it, but I found crackberry, and everyone here basically trained me! I love it now, and will never be without a bb again.....lol
    04-23-08 08:17 PM
    Ali, trust me get a pearl! or any other BB.
    i was in the same boat as you before i switched to sprint. i had my mind set on a voyager...until i went into a store and actual toyed around with it.

the voyager vs the pearl
    1) pearl has true push email, voyager you have to set it to check for emails every 5 minutes at most and i think you still have to go to website to retrieve it

2) pearl has superior keyboard

3) pearl is more customizable, plus the 3rd party apps are endless pretty much.

the voyager was pretty much all hype for me, like a glorifed enV

also if u have a question on your voyager or something, you'd have to go to howardforums. com

but its up to you, but no where else will you find a community dedicated to one brand of phone, and with good reason, its one of the best!
    04-23-08 08:22 PM
    LOVE my Pearl! I hope you end up with one, especially a pink one because then I can live vicariously through you!

I never knew love til I got my Pearl... )
    04-23-08 09:00 PM
    Awe guys, I didn't end up getting a BB Pearl..
    I'm 16 and my parents didn't want to end up paying about 80$ more a month for a phone. I almost threw a fit! I was playing with it at the store and I was simply attached to the phone and I didn't want to go look at other phones. I got the Alias though. Its a very good phone but I still want to get the BB Pearl. I'm so upset!
    04-24-08 11:04 AM
    before my 8130 i had the "alias", but it wasn't called that when i got it over a year ago, it was just a samsung whatevernumber it is. i loved the phone but i wanted more (email and such). i had a lot of typos with it because the buttons on the edges are close to raised edges that interfere with typing. i type much faster on my 8130. my brother has the voyager and i think the thing is just ginormus and i could never use it.

I too had the "Alias" before it was the Alias. It was a good multimedia phone in my opinion, but I wanted more. I upgraded to the Pearl and haven't looked back. It's soooo much easier to type on. The keys on the Alias are REALLY small.
    04-24-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD