I wouldn't qualify the Z10 as remotely durable. The screen will crack just like any other phone. It's tough to compare how many other phones you see with broken screens because there are so few Z10's out in the market. One thing I do know is that because of the way the Z10 is built if the screen cracks it renders the phone completely useless because of the way the screen is made. It's no more durable than any other phone with a glass screen, except other phones can at least continue to work with a cracked screen and the Z10 can't.

And fire sale prices for the Z10 are great, but if you paid $599 for it when it launched with the terrible battery life and camera that it has I don't think many people would feel like they got a "deal" with that phone.
    It's uber durable. My kids have and abuse z10s as well and they keep on ticking. I know that you love to argue, but I am thinking that it will even outlast your latest $1000 iphone 7.

My battery is fine. Better than Samsung S3 of the day and just as good as the iPhone 5 of the day and the z10 has replacable battery (as does s3). Always make it through the day. My caseless z10 phone has been dropped from heights higher than iPhones that I need seen cracked. Never seen a z10 screen cracked.

And ya, I got a deal with mine.

Not sure what camera has to do with durability, but whatever.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 03:04 PM
    It's uber durable. My kids have and abuse z10s as well and they keep on ticking. I know that you love to argue, but I am thinking that it will even outlast your latest $1000 iphone 7.

My battery is fine. Better than Samsung S3 of the day and just as good as the iPhone 5 of the day and the z10 has replacable battery (as does s3). Always make it through the day. My caseless z10 phone has been dropped from heights higher than iPhones that I need seen cracked. Never seen a z10 screen cracked.

And ya, I got a deal with mine.

Not sure what camera has to do with durability, but whatever.

Posted via CB10
    I guess both of these guys must have defective Z10's:

And for a company that prides itself on battery life saying that your phone is comparable to the iPhone and an Android phone of the day isn't much of a win.
    Ronindan and JeepBB like this.
    04-09-16 03:22 PM
    [QUOTE=donnation;12370952]I guess both of these guys must have defective Z10's:

And for a company that prides itself on battery life saying that your phone is comparable to the iPhone and an Android phone of the day isn't much of a win.[/QUOTE

Wow... when in doubt scour the internet for a couple of links to support your cause. Next time yer there read up on screen crackling and see what brand pops up. I don't know, but I am willing to guess. I am just going by my experience on durability.

Well if you know anything about BlackBerry phones you would know that the z10 is by far the weakest of the BlackBerry 10 batteries of 2013 and isn't indicative of their entire line-up. Their other 3 phones of the day were significantly better in that department. Overall their phones need to be attached to the wall less often than 2013 iPhones or Samsungs.

Remember I was talking durability. You replied with battery. But whatever...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 03:58 PM
    Z10 vs. iPhone battle! Keep it going!!

(Runs for beer)
    04-09-16 04:03 PM
    Z10 vs. iPhone battle! Keep it going!!

(Runs for beer)
    The iPhone wins. Fatality!
    04-09-16 05:07 PM
    Funny you should say that, when I was young you could fly from London to new York in 3 hours 30 minutes! A thing called concord we had, it was brilliant but not viable for 99% of the population and so it died.
    Yeah, I know Concorde. It's a technological marvel. But it's uneconomical and it's maintenance costs is as high as it can fly.
    Jerry A likes this.
    04-09-16 06:26 PM
    iPhone vs Samsung is a false choice. Without Google's Android OS giveaway bonanza, none of Apple's current competitors even exist. Google already has them on the ropes, competing for ever smaller pieces of the Android pie and at lower and lower profits. It won't be long before a few start to flounder and poof Google could be back in the Android hardware game, and bye bye to oems...and Samsung and LG would be back to making cheap TVs, blu-rays, dishwashers, and washing machines.

Posted via CB10
    The Android pie? except Sammy no other Android oem make a penny...and for BB getting in there knowing that was nuts...well, they got what they wish for, zero profits
    04-09-16 06:40 PM
    The Android pie? except Sammy no other Android oem make a penny...and for BB getting in there knowing that was nuts...well, they got what they wish for, zero profits
    I agree with you. They should have have just dropped hardware altogether since BB10 was even bigger losses.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 06:44 PM
    Actually, I was addressing the audience here in the CB forums ('fora' actually). I happened to notice that there seems to be a healthy contingent of anti BlackBerry, anti-PKB, anti BB10 folks commenting on what one might assume is a space dedicated to those who actually _like_ some of these attributes that are associated with BlackBerry. Instead, I find the opposite, so naturally I'm surprised.

Posted via CB10
    The community is made up of all types. There are plenty of fans. There are plenty of former fans. There are folks who like to discuss technical issues. And those who prefer to socialize.

It's a place for all, not just a certain type of "fan."
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-09-16 06:54 PM
    [QUOTE=z10Jobe;12371064]
    I guess both of these guys must have defective Z10's:

And for a company that prides itself on battery life saying that your phone is comparable to the iPhone and an Android phone of the day isn't much of a win.[/QUOTE

Wow... when in doubt scour the internet for a couple of links to support your cause. Next time yer there read up on screen crackling and see what brand pops up. I don't know, but I am willing to guess. I am just going by my experience on durability.

Well if you know anything about BlackBerry phones you would know that the z10 is by far the weakest of the BlackBerry 10 batteries of 2013 and isn't indicative of their entire line-up. Their other 3 phones of the day were significantly better in that department. Overall their phones need to be attached to the wall less often than 2013 iPhones or Samsungs.

Remember I was talking durability. You replied with battery. But whatever...

Posted via CB10
    Actually all I did was type in Z10 drop test on YouTube and those were at he top of the list.

And the reason I brought up battery is because in nearly every post you make including your original one in this thread you like to talk about how much other people spend on phones and how you got your Z10 for cheap. You got it cheap because it wasn't selling and Blackberry wanted to get rid of it. For people that paid $599 for that phone with its battery and camera it really wasn't a very good deal for them. In another 3 years when you buy the Passport for $50 you can rave in here how you got a great deal and other people are paying too much for phones.

And as far as BB's other offerings that year with the Q10 and Z30. The Q10 battery SHOULD last all day with it tiny screen and its funny how BB didn't put a screen like the Z10 in the Z30. They put a dimmed out screen in it to save battery life which is why the battery in that phone is a little more passable than the Z10.
    Last edited by donnation; 04-09-16 at 07:44 PM.
    04-09-16 06:54 PM
    Yeah, I know Concorde. It's a technological marvel. But it's uneconomical and it's maintenance costs is as high as it can fly.
    Exactly, sometimes the things that are technically the best unfortunately are not the most viable and so it was for concord it will be for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    ronfc likes this.
    04-09-16 07:10 PM
    [QUOTE=donnation;12371377]

Actually all I did was type in Z10 drop test on YouTube and those were at he top of the list.
    BB10 is perfect, everything else sucks don't you know.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-09-16 07:13 PM
    Are you asking us or Blackberry this question? None of your points are making any sense or logic despite how intellectual you are trying to make them sound. The only entity saying that BB cannot co-exist is Blackberry. Consumers have a choice of what to buy, and it hasn't been Blackberry do to a multitude or reasons that have been beaten to death in here, not the least of which is BB's awful way it's treated its customers.

Why didn't Palm survive? Can't they co-exist too? Why did the Zune fail? Can't it co-exist too? Honestly it sounds like a bunch of crying on why you feel it isn't fair that Blackberry is most likely abandoning BB10. Take it up with them, not the consumer.
    I think he's writing long posts, trying to sound intellectual, just to justify the physical keyboard on his phone.

You know - "look what I wrote on my BlackBerry. It's lots of text, any amount of text less than this means the user is using inferior glass to type on!"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    TgeekB and TGR1 like this.
    04-10-16 12:29 AM
    I think he's writing long posts, trying to sound intellectual, just to justify the physical keyboard on his phone.

You know - "look what I wrote on my BlackBerry. It's lots of text, any amount of text less than this means the user is using inferior glass to type on!"

Exactly. It's not fooling most of us though.
    Jerry A and cribble2k like this.
    04-10-16 07:27 AM
    But it's 2016, and the new BB10 phones have performed comparatively well
    Compared to what?
    Well for example... durability. In the almost 3 years that I've had my z10, seemingly every iphone user I know ( and there are everywhere) has changed phones once or twice for one reason or another ( including cracked screens, dead batteries, or just needing the latest or something larger) whilst my z10 shows no sign of slowing down.

When I asked what that new shiny thing they are showing off costs, I smile and walk away.
    Wow. That was a total non sequitur. What does your personal perception of durability (with only completely biased anecdotes to back it up) of a 3 year old device have to do with how new BB10 devices performed in the market in 2016?
    DrBoomBotz and mornhavon like this.
    04-10-16 08:17 AM

Or maybe the obvious might actually be reality? Maybe he, like myself, simply enjoys typing on what ever device he's typing on?? I certainly type longer (usually too long. ) posts from my 9900 than from my z30. Does that mean YOU should? Why do you feel that's implying that you are somehow inferior? Are you that insecure in your device choice?

Do you actually believe that ANYone in these forums is some how persuaded to superficially equate post length with "sounding intellectual"??? Or that "sounding intellectual" has ANY thing to do with choosing the best keyboard type for an individual??

I, for one, trust that mods will act if posts get too long. The rest of us are free to read, or not to read.
    04-11-16 09:22 AM
116 ... 345