What about the heater? It gets pretty cold in Saskatchewan in the winter time ;-). I guess one could turn the heater on before they start driving. Vehicles do have a lot of buttons on the dash, I mean what are we supposed to do. Even when people walk playing Pok�mon go they walk into rivers and walk into streetlamps. This sort of speaks more to the human condition of stupidity rather than anything else, but should everyone's freedoms be limited by the few who cannot walk and chew gum at the same time?

This is a very tricky area.
    I had to laugh when you mentioned Pokemon, there was a university student walking along the boardwalk alongside the harbour here in Halifax and he walked right off it and fell into the harbour. He wasn't hurt, but he certainly was distracted.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    01-08-17 06:04 PM
    I thought we discussed this in November put it to bed already, life will go on in Sask, and the sun will rise get over it.

Brad Wall, for Prime Minister.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing was settled because we didn't know what changes they would make for finalization on January 1 and tomorrow I'm driving home so I had to know if I have to rip off my dash mount or not. Yes Brad wall all the way!
    01-08-17 06:06 PM
    I had to laugh when you mentioned Pokemon, there was a university student walking along the boardwalk alongside the harbour here in Halifax and he walked right off it and fell into the harbour. He wasn't hurt, but he certainly was distracted.

LOL yeah there's so many stories like that, didn't someone get killed over it?? And now there are new Pokemon updates that make the game more interesting.

I guess there is no legislation for stupidity. Darwinism at its finest.
    01-08-17 06:08 PM
    The problem is, and I will use drunk drivers as an example, they are never the ones usually hurt in an accident it's always the innocent people that get hurt, or so it seems.
    They don't attempt to brace themselves when the collision is happening, so no or fewer injuries.

01-08-17 06:10 PM
    You know that adaptive cruise control or whatever some cars have like those sensors now they will actually apply the brakes, I seen it on Dodge Challengers it's an option. I think eventually all cars are going to have that and wouldn't that virtually eliminate car accidents? I think it would help with frontal collisions. It actually applies the break if you're about to hit something like a brick wall or if you fall asleep or something.
    Regardless of the technology that auto manufacturers put in vehicles, it is the driver who is ultimately responsible for anything that the vehicle does/hits/runs over.

01-08-17 06:19 PM
    LOL yeah there's so many stories like that, didn't someone get killed over it?? And now there are new Pokemon updates that make the game more interesting.

I guess there is no legislation for stupidity. Darwinism at its finest.
    You can't fix stupid, even with Duct Tape.

01-08-17 06:24 PM
    Regardless of the technology that auto manufacturers put in vehicles, it is the driver who is ultimately responsible for anything that the vehicle does/hits/runs over.

Completely agree. Reminds me of the Tesla lawsuit where the guy thought he could put it on auto pilot sit back and read a book. But supposedly the auto pilot was only experimental and not meant to be used as a driving substitute, and supposedly the guy didn't read or learn about it beforehand. No idea what happened on the update with this story.
    01-09-17 12:16 AM
82 ... 234