Definitely a gratuitous comment, but one I agree with.

It's pretty indisputable that BBOS is slow, buggy, app-poor and the browser is still complete ****e. I am very excited that I only have two or three months left before I can leave mine behind forever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I cannot agree with that. Now, I know the Tour device from previous experience, and that OS is truly shoddy. As far as the Torch, depends on the OS as well. My Torch works like a charm. It does not have all the bells and whistles some of these other devices out there have, yet I enjoy using it. However, I truly hope you enjoy whatever new, bug free, lag free device you get after you leave BlackBerry.
    07-16-11 03:19 PM
    So why the complaints
    That's the fact, BB os is garbage
    Only bbm is keeping me from using that rubbish

you should go get the HTC facebook phone. suits your personality better.
    Last edited by danimalchil; 07-18-11 at 07:29 AM.
    07-16-11 03:46 PM
    I guess I really need to try some different phones, everyone saying their tour is so crappy and I seem to find nothing wrong with mine. Sure some hour glass at times but I get that on my computer. Maybe it's that I don't load a ton of apps on it too.
    07-16-11 04:30 PM
    I guess I really need to try some different phones, everyone saying their tour is so crappy and I seem to find nothing wrong with mine. Sure some hour glass at times but I get that on my computer. Maybe it's that I don't load a ton of apps on it too.
    I really enjoyed my Tour, and the Person who is now using it because she broker her Storm also very much enjoy's it, it has been going non stop since launch day
    07-16-11 04:45 PM
    That is the ugliest and most ridiculously pointless phone ever...
    07-16-11 05:55 PM
    That is the ugliest and most ridiculously pointless phone ever...
    Held one in my hand today, feels like a toy.

07-16-11 06:00 PM
    I think the 9650 is the worst phone Blackberry ever made. The battery life was atrocious. Os 6 is a joke. My phone would crash with light multitasking. I'm willing to bet this little toy could out perform that pos business phone. And it's 50 bucks. The 9700 however... Is one of the greatest phones ever! Blackberrys are only as FUN as your contacts . No. I'm not a biased fanboy. I call a spade, a spade.

Besides being a little underpowered for OS 6 I have had nothing but good luck and have enjoyed my 9650. Sometimes I think it is how folks apply OS updates, what apps they run and how they treat the phone.
    There can also be a bad one produced once in a while.

I would be very happy to keep it, OS and all, if I could replace the CPU with a 1.2 ghz CPU.

Tim
    07-16-11 10:02 PM
    Besides being a little underpowered for OS 6 I have had nothing but good luck and have enjoyed my 9650. Sometimes I think it is how folks apply OS updates, what apps they run and how they treat the phone.
    There can also be a bad one produced once in a while.

I would be very happy to keep it, OS and all, if I could replace the CPU with a 1.2 ghz CPU.

Tim
    I agree 100%, the CPU holds this phone back...just compare it to a 9780..you'll notice the 9780 runs noticeably faster

M.Rizk likes this.
    07-16-11 10:55 PM
    Wait... Isn't "Glass shards" the iPhone display?
    Funny! branta. We have a neighbor whose 13yr old son has gone through 1 Droid and 2 iPhones in about 3 months to the "glass shard" effect. The kids grandparents have more money than sense.

07-17-11 04:38 PM
    We have a neighbor whose 13yr old son has gone through 1 Droid and 2 iPhones in about 3 months to the "glass shard" effect. The kids grandparents have more money than sense.
    That you have neighbors this stupid is not a very good sign.
    07-17-11 04:51 PM
    That you have neighbors this stupid is not a very good sign.
    What, the dumb and dumber are not reproducing as fast in your world. I thought stupidity was Pandemic! Haha!

07-17-11 05:05 PM
    Funny that the Facebook phone was the featured device in my weekly Radio Shack advertising email today.

Looks like navigation would be a booger on that, having the nav keys at the bottom right of the keyboard.

It looks like it needs a logo. Perhaps:

Crackberrykills likes this.
    07-17-11 05:24 PM
    Funny that the Facebook phone was the featured device in my weekly Radio Shack advertising email today.

Looks like navigation would be a booger on that, having the nav keys at the bottom right of the keyboard.

It looks like it needs a logo. Perhaps:

Not hard at all BK, every key takes you directly to FB.

07-17-11 05:49 PM
    I agree 100%, the CPU holds this phone back...just compare it to a 9780..you'll notice the 9780 runs noticeably faster

One would hope, the 9780 was MADE to run OS6, was it not?
    07-17-11 06:19 PM
    This phone is gay, in the most truest sense of the word (no offense intended)
    07-17-11 11:50 PM
    Hey RIM! Where's the facebook button on the 99xx!? Get with it RIM! As soon as this awesome phone arrives I am jumping (this sinking) ship when it comes out! Did anyone notice this jackass had to weasel in a quick retina display comparison?

07-18-11 12:20 AM
    Held one in my hand today, feels like a toy.
    I think it looks like a toy, I don't think it feels like one though. I checked one out at the local AT&T store. The keyboard could be better but it's much better than a virtual keyboard. I can't understand why the phone keys are so tiny though.

Aside from the keyboard, the phone felt a buit sluggish and one app crashed while I was playing with the phone. While it could serve as an Android based BB replacement, it lacks the keyboard shortcuts and trackpad. OTOH if your main email accounts are gmail based it will give you much better email support and won't require a BIS provisioned account.
    07-18-11 08:19 AM
    Folks are we forgetting something? This is Gizmodo we are talking about...I used to follow them (key word on used) till I realized just how far in the hip pocket of Apple they were (and kissing up to android now too) I think I can honestly count the total of even neutral comments about BB over the past 12 months on one hand. so why be surprised at another apple-droid's sideswipe at the BBoS?
    07-18-11 09:33 AM
    I like the look of the status and I like what they were trying to do. If it came to verizon and I wasn't impressed with the new BBs, I'd buy it...
    07-18-11 09:56 AM
    Folks are we forgetting something? This is Gizmodo we are talking about...I used to follow them (key word on used) till I realized just how far in the hip pocket of Apple they were (and kissing up to android now too) I think I can honestly count the total of even neutral comments about BB over the past 12 months on one hand. so why be surprised at another apple-droid's sideswipe at the BBoS?
    I am used to such swipes during a BlackBerry review; it just caught me off guard that it was thrown in just for kicks. Plus, it was rather witty. Since it was Gizmodo, the witty part was the most surprising element of that review.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    07-18-11 10:23 PM
    One would hope, the 9780 was MADE to run OS6, was it not?
    More like OPTIMIZED (more Flash storage + RAM), since OS6 is really OS5 + Webkit + a few other tweaks
    07-19-11 08:10 PM
    LolololoLoooool is my response. They need to use a blackberry for a year before they even do a half-*** review.

07-20-11 12:47 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD