Whilst reviewing the HTC Status, or Facebook phone, this Gizmodo reviewer decided to take a shot at BlackBerry. Why you may ask? Hey, it is Gizmodo; that is just how they roll. Remember the BlackBerry Torch screen comment? Yeah, this one is even better: "Overall, it's a lot like using a brand new Blackberry, if Blackberry OS weren't a heap of fecal matter and glass shards." Source: http://gizmodo.com/5821278/lets-just-pretend-this-isnt-the-facebook-phone
    Last edited by Crackberrykills; 07-16-11 at 05:38 AM.
    07-16-11 05:30 AM
    well that sure paints a pretty picture eh
    :S
    Oh well opinions are like bumholes, we all have one
    Crackberrykills likes this.
    07-16-11 05:41 AM
    @Smak - Thank you for the first belly laugh of my day!!!!!

Ah....idiotic comment. Pay no mind.
    07-16-11 05:46 AM
    well that sure paints a pretty picture eh
    :S
    Oh well opinions are like bumholes, we all have one
    hahaha. Very true. I love that the guy took the time for a snide comment about BlackBerry in the middle of a review about another device. He could have left it at it is comparable to handling a BlackBerry. But, meh, what can you do?
    07-16-11 05:47 AM
    I would like to be controversial here, but refrain.
    07-16-11 05:49 AM
    @Smak - Thank you for the first belly laugh of my day!!!!!

Ah....idiotic comment. Pay no mind.
    Agreed. It was just a bit surprising. Like, humm, okay, was that necessary? A bit below the belt.
    07-16-11 05:53 AM
    I would like to be controversial here, but refrain.
    Hey, go crazy. No need to refrain. I promise you I will not cry in my corn flakes over a self described, controversial comment. Others might, but that happens.
    07-16-11 05:57 AM
    Ok, why do we need a facebook device doesn't it do enough damage to peoples lives as it is now. A bit like Gizmodo.? and "the news of the world" in uk.
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 07-16-11 at 06:09 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-16-11 06:06 AM
    Ok, why do we need a facebook device doesn't it do enough damage to peoples lives as it is now. A bit like Gizmodo.? (heehee. I like that. Well done.)
    lmao. Very true, yet I think the Facebook device is nothing more than an attempt to get a few extra bucks by HTC. As Biddle pointed out in the review, almost every smartphone is a Facebook device at this point. The only difference with the HTC Status is that nifty Facebook button on the bottom. Clever, no?
    07-16-11 06:11 AM
    Haha sorry, I have a twisted sense of humor... Been up nearly 24 hours, I'm going to bed before I say too much more

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 06:21 AM
    So why the complaints
    That's the fact, BB os is garbage
    Only bbm is keeping me from using that rubbish

07-16-11 07:02 AM
    bbos is garbarge? I guess if you have to have flashy then maybe it is. To me it's quite functional.
    M.Rizk and Jschaeff#CB like this.
    07-16-11 07:13 AM
    So why the complaints

How's rubbish? It's full of functions and shortcuts at every corner making for fast experience. What exactly do you expect from on OS?

07-16-11 07:26 AM
    Look at the device, the pic even looks like it's pastel pink. We can see which market it's aimed at... pre-teen schoolgirls. Facefook... who cares...
    Crackberrykills and M.Rizk like this.
    07-16-11 07:43 AM
    Haha sorry, I have a twisted sense of humor... Been up nearly 24 hours, I'm going to bed before I say too much more

You say that like it is a bad thing. lol. However, mein Gott! Up for nearly 24 hours? Get some rest, lady!
    jonty12 and M.Rizk like this.
    07-16-11 08:08 AM
    So why the complaints

Yet, you live inside your BlackBerry it seems. Hmm, that means something, or nothing. But, most likely, something.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    07-16-11 08:13 AM
    So why the complaints

I guess I don't understand, Freud would say to say that BlackBerry messenger is keeping you from using that rubbish. meaning that the opposition OS is the rubbish and not BlackBerry as bbm is a feature of BlackBerry OS, I could go on?
    Crackberrykills and M.Rizk like this.
    07-16-11 08:58 AM
    Guess the quote was also aimed at the young and empty headed. Except they may have to google "fecal matter". The "glass shards" is a given. I wonder if he had to go to school to write so well!

07-16-11 09:17 AM
    Definitely a gratuitous comment, but one I agree with.

It's pretty indisputable that BBOS is slow, buggy, app-poor and the browser is still complete ****e. I am very excited that I only have two or three months left before I can leave mine behind forever.

07-16-11 01:57 PM

It's pretty indisputable that BBOS is slow, buggy, app-poor and the browser is still complete ****e. I am very excited that I only have two or three months left before I can leave mine behind forever.

It is far from indisputable as to the "slow" or "buggy" nature of the BBOS

BBOS 6 has been far from Slow for me, the universal search is fast, every short cut key works without delay, and switching between active screens has been great. as for buggy, I only run into what I would classify as bugs when I install 3rd party apps, which is not the fault of the OS but the fault of the apps.

YES the Apps are limited in numbers, and my OS6 browser isn't fast, but it renders pages well, and is very usable.
    seeing as you have a time frame for your chance to get out of your phone, I would assume at best you have an older OS5 device, thus can't comment to the great quality of BBOS6,
    it is like talking about Windows and referring only to Vista, with 7 being out for over a year.
    07-16-11 02:01 PM
    My main device is a Tour, which is utter garbage. But I received a Torch as a gift, and I would say that it would have been a solid device had it been released 18 months before it was. As it is, it's underpowered and under-spec'd.

Yes, it's buggy, the death clock shows up all the time, the browser is still crap and it still takes too long to reboot.

I'm happy for people who are satisfied with it, but it doesn't impress me at all.

07-16-11 02:21 PM
    Guess the quote was also aimed at the young and empty headed. Except they may have to google "fecal matter". The "glass shards" is a given. I wonder if he had to go to school to write so well!

Wait... Isn't "Glass shards" the iPhone display?
    Crackberrykills and ADGrant like this.
    07-16-11 02:24 PM
    I think the 9650 is the worst phone Blackberry ever made. The battery life was atrocious. Os 6 is a joke. My phone would crash with light multitasking. I'm willing to bet this little toy could out perform that pos business phone. And it's 50 bucks. The 9700 however... Is one of the greatest phones ever! Blackberrys are only as FUN as your contacts . No. I'm not a biased fanboy. I call a spade, a spade.

07-16-11 02:33 PM
    Wait... Isn't "Glass shards" the iPhone display?
    that was wicked
    classic wicked
    07-16-11 02:42 PM

Indisputable?
    Hardly so. I'll dispute that.
    BBOS as installed in my Torch managed to consistently load web pages in the DC Metro faster than my Atrix.
    BBOS as installed in my Torch has no bugs that would render it unable to perform...I can last a full day without a single battery pull. I don't remember the last battery pull I had to do other than when I install an app. I do have Meter Berry do a battery pull every morning. Same as I take my car for an oil change and take it in for regular maintenance. Much as I defrag my PC regularly.
    I dispute the absence of apps for my needs. I qualify that as "my needs" because I don't find it necessary to use an app for every action I take every single moment of every single day. Those apps I need I find. With the sole exception of the DC Circulator app found in the iPhone store.
    I dispute that the browser is complete ****e as you call it. It is a marked improvement over prior which were in fact complete ****e. I can do all the browsing I want on my Torch. Can it be improved? Sure. Complete ****e? Hyperbole.
    Question - if the phone made you so unhappy, why keep it? I returned the iPhone 3GS within 30 days. I gave away my Atrix.
    Life is too short and days are too few to spend them unhappy. Your choice to keep a device you did not want. Unless it was assigned from work. In which case it's their choice.
    07-16-11 02:58 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD