We only use Netflix for streaming, as my husband and I enjoy finding non-mainstream movies to watch. If we want something like a big box office movie, we rent it from a local video store or we've probably already seen it in theaters. We have HBO so we watch a lot of movies from there and the on demand movies offered by TWC. No need for Netflix DVDs, honestly.
    10-26-11 08:32 PM
    But the market is rational and self-regulating. Isn't it?
    Yes it is. When companies make stupid moves they lose business or go out of business altogether. Now the market is not "The Stock Market"; that is a speculative place where people are making bets on the future. The stock market is nuts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 09:08 PM

I don't understand the stock market how can one company is trading at 100 x profits/share while other is trading at 4 x profits/share.
    Okay, this is one of those "not right or wrong, just is" scenarios.

All stock prices are driven, in the long run, on perceived future earnings.... A company selling at 100x earnings is simply believed by the market in general to be one that will make a cr*pload of money in the future (regardless of what it is doing today)... a company like rim (3.81 p/e) is basically being judged as much, much less likely to increase in revenue as the company trading at 100.

The market average, historically, is 12-16.... so the market is also saying that rim is much less likely to outperform in the future than the average company at large.
    10-26-11 10:10 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD