so why upgrade to a phone with an OS that's already obsolete before it is even released?
    This. I know with technology, by the time you get it, it's obsolete a week later, but RIM has been testing and beta testing and re testing these phones for how long now?

This is a bad thing?
    Yeah, it is IMO. When other carriers are releasing different phones with different features (Hello Droid!) rather than tweaking a few specs and giving you the same phone with a shiny new battery door, you're doomed to fail. No wonder RIM has fallen to what? 4th? No one wants the same new phone released and re-released and re-re-released over and over again. Give us something new. Give us anything other than another bloody Curve.
    07-26-11 09:31 AM
    Yeah, it is IMO. When other carriers are releasing different phones with different features (Hello Droid!) rather than tweaking a few specs and giving you the same phone with a shiny new battery door, you're doomed to fail. No wonder RIM has fallen to what? 4th? No one wants the same new phone released and re-released and re-re-released over and over again. Give us something new. Give us anything other than another bloody Curve.

Apple sells 1.7 million iPhone 4 units in 3 days, sets record
    07-26-11 10:17 AM
    I have an upgrade available next month, I will get the 9900 for free with it. After 2 years I will have another upgrade available and I will get the QNX blackberry.

Are there people that will actually put everything on hold to wait for the QNX blackberry?

Buy what's available when you're ready to buy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think I will have to agree with belfastdispatcher. People talk of a QNX device but fail to include any thoughts of typical BB delays and the fact that it will be the first of it's kind and that will surely add to the delays and it will probably have some initial problems to be worked out. That puts you at about 2 years from the 99XX launch for a good and or second generation QNX device, right?
    07-26-11 11:45 AM
    The problem, as I see it, with the BB form factor is that it isn't conducive to any function aside from communications (E-mail, BBM). That slab of glass from Apple opened up the possibility of a true, all-in-one replacement for damn near every small electronic device in your home. And, they've charged in that direction.

At this stage, Apple doesn't need to put out a totally new form factor, because 1) Their form factor already works for where the market is and where the market is headed and 2) The end user experience is unrivaled, even by Android.
    This was my point. I just couldn't make it due to personal issues preventing me from thinking clearly.
    07-27-11 09:46 AM
    Storm3 bbos7 this year, storm4 qnx next year, storm5 2013
    Bold 9900 bbos7 this year, 9900 qnx next year, another one 2012. Or maybe 1 handset per year is too much for rim?

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 10:37 AM
    I have to agree with this statement from the article. That's all they've done is release and re-release Curves over and over again.
    No other Smartphone company uses the same form factor each generation with minor software and hardware tweaks....and successfully sells the device each revision eh?

I don't think I have ever heard this used as a negative against anybody but RIM.
    07-27-11 11:27 AM
    No other Smartphone company uses the same form factor each generation with minor software and hardware tweaks....and successfully sells the device each revision eh?

I don't think I have ever heard this used as a negative against anybody but RIM.
    Go to storm 1 and 2 forum, quite funny actually. Storm 3 could be a lot worse.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 11:30 AM
    apple are sitting on the i-phone its the same with a few new features each model release, same as rim have been doing, nobody slates them for it though.
    People wouldn't fault RIM for this if their phones had the same level of quality as the iPhone. When you're already behind your competitors and you keep releasing minor updates to your phone while falling further behind - then people will bash them, and rightfully so.
    psufan32 and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    07-27-11 12:08 PM
    People wouldn't fault RIM for this if their phones had the same level of quality as the iPhone. When you're already behind your competitors and you keep releasing minor updates to your phone while falling further behind - then people will bash them, and rightfully so.
    Nah I honestly believe Apple can release whatever they want as long as it has the Apple logo on it, and most people would line up and sell their kidneys for it. It still amazes me people pay thousands of dollars for an iMac when they could have a comparable PC for half the price... whatever, to each their own.
    07-27-11 12:23 PM
    Nah I honestly believe Apple can release whatever they want as long as it has the Apple logo on it, and most people would line up and sell their kidneys for it. It still amazes me people pay thousands of dollars for an iMac when they could have a comparable PC for half the price... whatever, to each their own.
    I'm not going to deny there are plenty of Apple sheep out there. But this blind worshiping occurs BECAUSE Apple put themselves in the lead in the first place. If Apple decides to be complacent for a few years, they'll be in the same shoes RIM is in now. Brand loyalty can only go so far, when competitors come out with better products - they'll eventually get tired of waiting and jump ship.
    07-27-11 05:55 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD