07-22-11 10:53 AM
    already 2 threads about this

EDIT: I think
    07-22-11 11:03 AM
    Research In Motion kept cranking out aging Bolds and Curves.
    I have to agree with this statement from the article. That's all they've done is release and re-release Curves over and over again.
    07-25-11 01:36 PM
    I have to agree with this statement from the article. That's all they've done is release and re-release Curves over and over again.
    And so many people bought them right?

When something sells well, change it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lnichols and kbz1960 like this.
    07-25-11 02:07 PM
    Ah, I can kind of agree with this article. I don't think they are necessarily saying that the phone will suck or that it doesn't have a chance. I think they are focusing on

it's already been eclipsed by the promise of fully-functioning QNX devices next year.
    Which is very true.
    07-25-11 02:20 PM
    arent they going to maintain the 2 OSes? Wasn't that the plan?
    07-25-11 02:59 PM
    I don't think so. They will most likely support OS7 for a couple of years, but I am fairly certain this is the last BBOS before the QNX transition
    07-25-11 03:04 PM
    I'm sure RIM will maintain support for os7 for the lifetime of the device. But after QNX is released the support will probably be minimal.
    07-25-11 03:40 PM
    Uh oh, another site writing bad things about RIM products. More conspiracy. It's not RIM, it's everyone else
    07-25-11 04:30 PM
    Ah, I can kind of agree with this article. I don't think they are necessarily saying that the phone will suck or that it doesn't have a chance. I think they are focusing on

Which is very true.
    Agreed, I think that's the problem as well. Not necessarily that it's a bad phone, but that RIM is already overshadowing it with promises of their next device.
    07-25-11 04:36 PM
    So a phone that isn't out yet is already labled as a collectable item....good to know.

And a few threads about them continuing with 2 different OS's in QNX and os7....

Just a domino effect. Eventually there will be better times ahead for RIM.

And when there is, the same people bishing now, will be bishing then....

07-25-11 05:21 PM
    So a phone that isn't out yet is already labled as a collectable item....good to know.
    It's a Scott Moritz article. Hit monger. The only REAL collector phone was the 2006 ESPN phone. Sold a whopping 30,000.
    07-25-11 05:33 PM
    Agreed, I think that's the problem as well. Not necessarily that it's a bad phone, but that RIM is already overshadowing it with promises of their next device.
    I think the article was bang on in terms of its hypothesis. I also dont think it is a bad phone but is it enough to entice to me out of my 9780 - absolutely not. I will be patiently waiting for the truly next generation Blackberry phone/OS to come out. And from all the rumors out there, the wait is not that long of time if the early 2012 rumors hold true.
    07-25-11 05:36 PM
    In RIM land it isn't long, in consumers eyes the now is not fast enough, lol!

07-25-11 07:14 PM
    I completely agree. I will due for my upgrade next May. I currently have the Bold 9000 and the Bold 9900, from all I hear, is the spiritual successor to it and would be the phone I would upgrade too BUT odds are I won't get it - I know RIM is moving to a new QNX based operating system, so why upgrade to a phone with an OS that's already obsolete before it is even released? No matter how good the phone is, we all now the QNX Super Phones are right around the corner.

This is especially true for anyone, like me, who already owns (or plans to own) a QNX playbook. Who knows what kind of new interactive features between the playbook and phone will come when both are running the same basic OS....

As long as my 9000 is still working next May I'll just hold onto until the first QNX Super Bold shows up next year. I sincerely doubt I'll be the only one doing so.
    07-25-11 07:22 PM
    For me, reasons why I may get the 9930 instead of waiting for qnx is that by the time qnx makes its way to US cellular, I will more than likely have another upgrade available.

07-25-11 07:38 PM
    Meh, a phone is a phone to me. if i'm satisfied, i'll use it. and continue to use it, until it ceases to even power on after all methods. I'm not a phone collector. if it's useless, it either goes to value village, or the microwave.

07-25-11 08:06 PM
    Uh oh, another site writing bad things about RIM products. More conspiracy. It's not RIM, it's everyone else
    It makes me all warm and fuzzy seeing the familiar faces in every thread bashing RIM.

07-25-11 08:16 PM
    I don't see them writing anything bad about RIM. The article is pointing out the merits of various manufacturers and their next devices; and the whole point of the article is to lament the unsavory circumstances undermining the release of quality devices.

Don't read an article with the intention to only walk away with the negative... read the article as a whole.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 07-25-11 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Correcting grammar.
    01itr likes this.
    07-25-11 08:32 PM
    It makes me all warm and fuzzy seeing the familiar faces in every thread bashing RIM.

Haha, awesome! Just pure awesome!

07-25-11 09:17 PM
    Don't read an article with the intention to only walk away with the negative... read the article as a whole.
    Good advice but BB enthusiast rather shoot the messengers and pass bad news about RIM off as "trash/tabloid journalism" as we have seen with BGR and other blogs merely reporting the facts.
    07-25-11 09:24 PM
    I have an upgrade available next month, I will get the 9900 for free with it. After 2 years I will have another upgrade available and I will get the QNX blackberry.

Are there people that will actually put everything on hold to wait for the QNX blackberry?

Buy what's available when you're ready to buy.

07-26-11 04:17 AM
    This is a bad thing?

Hmm...yeah I guess they're doomed.
    01itr likes this.
    07-26-11 05:37 AM
    This is a bad thing?

Hmm...yeah I guess they're doomed.
    Lol, nice example.

07-26-11 06:15 AM
    apple are sitting on the i-phone its the same with a few new features each model release, same as rim have been doing, nobody slates them for it though... RIM are always gonna have haters no matter what they do... they people decide what they want no **** reviewers who know nothing, other than what apple tell them, i have owned all 4 i=phones and nothing different, did anyone slate apple when u couldnt MMS, forward texts, record video, camera had no flash on the 1st i=phone no they didnt
    07-26-11 06:38 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD