I have the (fantastic) BlackBerry Z30 in an Otterbox Glacier white/grey Commuter case.

I contacted Otterbox because I had a common problem: the thin piece over the top of the USB/HDMI port broke off.

Otterbox as usual honoured their warranty and replaced my case, but only the black version is available.

Otterbox no longer produces the white/grey version. Does this mean they know the X30 will soon be out of production?

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-10-14 06:42 PM
    Otterbox probably have minimum order requirements with their contract manufacturer and are aware how that Z30 are tailing off as the many discounts on remaining devices have appeared in the last couple months and don't feel that a reorder would be profitable for them.
    12-10-14 07:38 PM
    Maybe no one wants an ugly white case? kidding but it probably was less profitable than the black one
    12-10-14 09:21 PM
    Sena (my favorite cases) also seems to have canceled their Blackberry cases.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 10:12 PM
    Wait till I'm back in Canada I have a commuter white and grey sitting there doing nothing.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 10:27 PM
    Wait till I'm back in Canada I have a commuter white and grey sitting there doing nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Oh really....? hmmm....

12-12-14 08:45 PM
    Yeah. And looks like I'm bringing the Passport home. Wife's hands too small so she kept the Z30 with Defender. So I'll unload the commuter for just the cost of shipping.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 08:48 PM
    Won't be back in Canada until Jan 20 though.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 08:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    OK... great, thanks very much! I can wait! In the meantime Otterbox sent me a black Commuter case as a replacement. They are very efficient.

12-13-14 08:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    If I look like an ***** in my Avatar, it's because I dressed up as a BlackBerry Bold complete with flashing red LED message light for Hallowe'en. I won 1 st prize at my office party, and I wore it home on the subway to gage reactions. Some stared, some smiled, and one person told me it was a great costume. No iPhone ever attacked me....

12-13-14 08:42 AM
    OK... great, thanks very much! I can wait! In the meantime Otterbox sent me a black Commuter case as a replacement. They are very efficient.

At least they did that. Good on them.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 09:29 AM
    I just got the commuter case for my Z30 . I tried the charger on it and noticed pressure at that particular area. I had watched a video identifying that exact problem and buddy had clipped that small hard plastic.
    I did the same and no issues and actually makes it easy to access hdmi/charging port.
    Happy with case, find it less bulky that my defender for my old z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 09:54 AM
    I have the (fantastic) BlackBerry Z30 in an Otterbox Glacier white/grey Commuter case.

I contacted Otterbox because I had a common problem: the thin piece over the top of the USB/HDMI port broke off.

Otterbox as usual honoured their warranty and replaced my case, but only the black version is available.

Otterbox no longer produces the white/grey version. Does this mean they know the X30 will soon be out of production?

I just got the commuter case for my Z30 . I tried the charger on it and noticed pressure at that particular area. I had watched a video identifying that exact problem and buddy had clipped that small hard plastic.
    I did the same and no issues and actually makes it easy to access hdmi/charging port.
    Happy with case, find it less bulky that my defender for my old z10.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 10:44 AM
    Yes, but the area around the charging /USb ports seems to be a problem for Otterbox in a variety of cases. I had the same e issue when I had the Otterbox case for my BlackBerry Torch 2.

12-14-14 08:58 AM
    Agree! This is somewhat puzzling that this company pushed a product without identifying this problem.
    Shouldn't be happening!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 09:14 AM
    Wow, this happened to me too, the plastic broke off, what a horrible design lol...

Anyways, I've never dealt with otter box with a warranty before, do they want me to mail back the old case or do I keep that one too? I don't really want to mail anything... it actually is easier with the plastic broken off, because opening the compartment was such a pain before...
    That being said, I've chipped away some of the rubbery material so it'd be nice to just get a replacement...

Thanks,
    Z30 User (no ones ever heard of the z30 here, I'm the only one who has it)
    12-15-14 07:04 PM
    Wow, this happened to me too, the plastic broke off, what a horrible design lol...

Anyways, I've never dealt with otter box with a warranty before, do they want me to mail back the old case or do I keep that one too? I don't really want to mail anything... it actually is easier with the plastic broken off, because opening the compartment was such a pain before...
    That being said, I've chipped away some of the rubbery material so it'd be nice to just get a replacement...

Thanks,
    Z30 User (no ones ever heard of the z30 here, I'm the only one who has it)
    To get a replacement Otterbox, you can go to their Web site and follow the directions.

It's easy; take a photo of the broken device with name, date, and signature, and send it to Otterbox. They will contact you if they need more info, and within a few days, a new case will arrive at your doorstep. They are excellent when it comes to customer sevice.

12-16-14 11:03 AM