So like many of you, I've shown my support for BlackBerry, a true, north, strong, and free Canadian company. I not only bought a Q10 for myself, but I also bought a Q10 for my GF.

So ever since I've been using smartphones, (I'm an iPhone converted to BlackBerry smartphone owner), I've used Otter Box Products. So of course, since I purchased my Q10 I've been waiting patiently for the Q10 Commuter Series in black for my black Q10. However, my GFs Q10 is white, so I've been keeping my eye open for the famous Otter Box 'Pink is Strength' Pink and White Commuter Series case for Q10. I've seen on the Otter Box website, the VERY limited choices of cases for BlackBerry 10 products, considering all the customizable cases available for SG4 and iPhone 5. So I wrote an email to Otter Box asking them to make a 'Pink is Strength' for BlackBerry Q10. I received a response just tonight from Otter Box that basically states Otter Box has no plans to make a 'Pink is Strength' case for Q10. They did advise me to check back on their website at a later date for any plans for new products for BlackBerry 10 phones. Considering, Otter Box attended BlackBerry Live, why are BlackBerry 10 customers being left with such limited choices with their products!!

The funny thing is everybody, last time I checked, I don't actually have to purchase Otter Box products for my BlackBerry Q10. I think I've purchased my last Otter Box product!! If in the future BlackBerry 10 gets a little more love from Otter Box, I can find it in my heart to be an Otter Box customer again!!

Cheers!!
    fourboysplus likes this.
    05-28-13 10:08 PM
    It'll be Otterbox's loss to not support the new BB's then. CB has shown off tons of other manufacturers that love to make Q10 cases
    I still hope they will someday reconsider and show more support
    05-28-13 10:26 PM
    Crackberry MADE otterbox. This website is the only reason I knew they existed in the beginning.
    edyts and eldricho like this.
    05-28-13 10:28 PM
    Truthfully the otter box for my z10 was like holding a tank. I know some people love that but it interferes with the keyboard. I switched to a blackberry fold case and screen protector. Much happier.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 01:27 AM
    Its funny how Otterbox made a commuter series for the HTC One and not the Q10 or the Z10!
    05-29-13 01:02 PM
    They go where the market is and right now the other phones are outselling both z and q10's

If the sales pick up and people reach out to otterbox for other solutions I'm sure they would look into it.

Just like when the 9900 came out it took seidio a good year to make an extended battery.

Sent from my game boy color
    05-29-13 01:14 PM
    I am very disappointed that for the Z10 all they have is the Defender. No Commuter, no Impact. And they only have the color black available. With the Q10 they have the Defender and Commuter in only black. It bothers me that there is no variety. I can only speak for the Z10 case, but I had it and returned it after using it for one whole day. I don't want to give a long review, but let's just say that you can clearly tell that Otterbox put significantly less thought and effort into creating the Defender for the Z10 as they do for say the iPhone. Very poor design.
    05-29-13 01:22 PM
    They go where the market is and right now the other phones are outselling both z and q10's

If the sales pick up and people reach out to otterbox for other solutions I'm sure they would look into it.

Just like when the 9900 came out it took seidio a good year to make an extended battery.

But the HTC is just another android device that emerged in a flooded ecosystem. If Otterbox looked at the past and current number of BB devices being sold that should give them enough ground to produce the commuter series for both the Z10 and Q10. They will sell, rather than the poorly reviewed Defender series. Its a no brainer for Otterbox...
    05-29-13 01:34 PM
    Its funny how Otterbox made a commuter series for the HTC One and not the Q10 or the Z10!
    Uhhh, there's definitely a Commuter case for the Q10...granted it doesn't appear to be available just yet.

Commuter Series case for BlackBerry Q10 | OtterBox

JB
    05-29-13 01:59 PM
    But the HTC is just another android device that emerged in a flooded ecosystem. If Otterbox looked at the past and current number of BB devices being sold that should give them enough ground to produce the commuter series for both the Z10 and Q10. They will sell, rather than the poorly reviewed Defender series. Its a no brainer for Otterbox...
    Call it what you will but its selling better than blackberrys now. If you ran a business would you look at stats from 5 years ago or todays and from what is going to sell well tomorrow.

Yes q10 and z10 have a chance of selling well but to be honest I don't see them selling better than the htc one or galaxy.

Its business 101. They make a basic product for an emerging product and if it sells well then they sell more.

Its not the lack of a case that will deter people from buying a phone.

05-29-13 08:09 PM
    You can't sell products if you don't supply them. Look at it in a holistic point of view.. there are many BB users worldwide. Produce good, quality, and assorted colours to the consumer and they will buy. I for one use the commuter, awesome case, and when I get a new BB I will stand behind their product once again.

I agree with you when you say if a case is not available that people will not buy the phone, but the point is, for me, I will hold out for awhile until it is available to protect my device with a company that I trust and stand behind.

this is getting off topic...
    05-30-13 10:33 AM
    You can't sell products if you don't supply them. Look at it in a holistic point of view.. there are many BB users worldwide. Produce good, quality, and assorted colours to the consumer and they will buy. I for one use the commuter, awesome case, and when I get a new BB I will stand behind their product once again.

I agree with you when you say if a case is not available that people will not buy the phone, but the point is, for me, I will hold out for awhile until it is available to protect my device with a company that I trust and stand behind.

this is getting off topic...
    Companies can't afford to mass produce stuff that may not sell. It's irresponsible business practice. Now, if BB comissioned a bunch of colors and cases and committed to buying them for resale, that would be different. But for now, Otterbox is making the smart choice. Protecting phones is their business, and the cases available do just that.
    travaz likes this.
    05-30-13 01:08 PM
    I have the Otterbox Commuter for my HTC One, and it is not nearly as good as the Otterbox Commuter cases used on my previous BlackBerrys over the last few years. Its a 2 piece design now and the rubber part seems to me to be more slippery because it also has a plastic piece integrated into the case. Judging from the coming soon picture of the commuter case for the Q10 it appears it will be the same design.
    05-31-13 09:43 PM
    Thats really disappointing.
    05-31-13 09:49 PM
    There are many other alternatives now with similar type products to Otterbox. Seidio and Incipio come to mind. Both of those have products that are similar to the Commuter.
    05-31-13 09:54 PM
    Thats really disappointing.
    The protection is still there, it just doesn't have that great feel in your hand anymore. That's just my opinion, give it a try for yourself and make that call.
    05-31-13 10:01 PM
    I don't think it is fair to compare what they offer for a brand new phone to what has been out there and has a large following already. The Z10 and Q10 are BlackBerry phones. BlackBerry isn't new but the OS on these phones are. They need to see what the market it like. In the 6 weeks or so that I have had the phone they added two Q10 cases, 2 Q10 screen protectors and 2 Z10 screen protectors. So to me they are starting to show some love.

What it comes down to is business. Love don't pay the bills. I think they will extend the line up but the multiple colors will take a while longer.

James
    06-02-13 02:02 PM
    I just received my Otterbox Commuter case for my Q10. It's ugly, adds a lot of bulk and doesn't feel nearly as slim as the one that I had for my Bold 9900. I realize that you have to have some bulk in order to properly protect the device but this thing made me want to take it off the second I put it on. So I did. It will stay in my accessories drawer until such time as I have my Q10 in an environment where protection is absolutely necessary and where there are no witnesses to its ugliness.

Very poorly done, Otterbox! I've used your cases lots over the years but this one seems like a half-a$$ed effort on your part.
    06-11-13 06:40 PM
    I sat mine on the bed of my truck when I was loading it and forgot about it. It flew off and hit the roadway on a curve. Drove about a mile before I realized it was missing. Sped back to the first turn I had made and there it was, sitting on the side of the road, just on the edge of the pavement. Was just a little dusty and dirty from the tumble, but no damage to the case and of course, the phone was working perfectly. Took a while to get my heart rate down though.
    06-11-13 07:11 PM
    I purchased my Defender case from AT&T when I bought my Z10 back in late March. Was very disappointed with the way it functioned and covered the bottom bezel. I have since been using a Kracken AMS case and love it.

Also, I have previously used Otterbox for my 9810. Had two of them and they both broke. Otterbox replaced the first one. I gave up on the second one and got a different brand. So I am kinda through with Otterbox at this point.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:19 PM