I was just thinking... when the announcement is made on Jan 30, do you guys think they will reveal other new features and "surprises" that are still kept secret? Would be amazing because they will just be adding more hype at the perfect time (right before launch!). I remember Heins made a brief comment on that last time.
    12-08-12 06:48 PM
    One word is needed... YES.
    pmccartney and diegonei like this.
    12-08-12 06:50 PM
    Well.... Has anyone got any clues on what they are at least? I'm dying here. Lol.
    12-08-12 06:55 PM
    While essentially confirmed...I expect BBM to play a big part...BBM Video and File Sharing

Other than that, I really don't know what to expect. Enhanced cloud features? Like BlackBerry Protect 10.0
    12-08-12 06:57 PM
    Well.... Has anyone got any clues on what they are at least? I'm dying here. Lol.
    Best to keep secrets as secrets, otherwise they would not be secrets.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    12-08-12 07:05 PM
    Well two that come to mind are BBM Video, and a Voice Control feature of some sort

Hopefully a good wireless syncing software as well
    12-08-12 07:22 PM
    Battery ..... I hope it will have great battery life
    12-08-12 07:32 PM
    I believe the Blackberry Maps will be one. We know they will be using a Tom-Tom based map systems but since the official press release about the deal between the companies, there has been no mention about Blackberry Maps. Knowing the other fruit released their maps running on the same base, and also noting Thor not wanting to release BB10 unless it was seamless, I am really looking forward to seeing this.Wondering what the TAT guys will do with the interface.

My list for what to expect on launch day:
    BBM Video
    Maps
    An update about the PlayBook(not released but some talk of it getting BB10)
    The other hidden partners and App developers
    Final Hardware/Final Software

I believe there is more and just like everyone else, the speculation is exciting yet murderous.
    12-08-12 07:58 PM
    Video and picture editing is going to be there!
    12-08-12 08:53 PM
    Any remaining surprises are likely to have something to do with apps. Unannounced native apps, or a showcase of apps from launch partners. The core OS and integration features are about to go gold with the SDK, so I don't expect any changes there.
    12-08-12 08:57 PM
    I cant wait!!
    12-08-12 09:16 PM
    Any remaining surprises are likely to have something to do with apps. Unannounced native apps, or a showcase of apps from launch partners. The core OS and integration features are about to go gold with the SDK, so I don't expect any changes there.
    I was going to say the same thing. I think a lot of the surprises have to do with native apps.

I wonder if apps like bbm music will be on there personally. I'm also eager to see what surprises TAT themselves might have contributed to the OS. They've got a lot of concepts out there and I'd love to see some of them become reality.
    12-08-12 09:24 PM
    I was going to say the same thing. I think a lot of the surprises have to do with native apps.

I wonder if apps like bbm music will be on there personally. I'm also eager to see what surprises TAT themselves might have contributed to the OS. They've got a lot of concepts out there and I'd love to see some of them become reality.
    Cascades is TAT. I doubt we'll see any of their demos from DevCon since they were just showing off what they could do.
    12-08-12 10:31 PM
    torrent client app would be amazing!
    12-08-12 11:20 PM
    Cascades is TAT. I doubt we'll see any of their demos from DevCon since they were just showing off what they could do.
    I know TAT is cascades....I actually was talking about concepts like the file sharing demo they did. More stuff like Print to Go and what not. I think native apps is where they are going to really shine.

If they can turn them concepts into reality though, BB10 is going to be a real problem
    12-09-12 02:25 AM
    we all want great battery life but PRAY that is not one of "the" surprises to announced at launch!

...Thor gets on stage.."you've seen plenty of demos and leaks before, but this had never been previously revealed - our batteries last for a little more than an entire day of use! That's right Apple & Samsung, in your face!"

no, batteries will not do it.

we need better than that by a lot!11!
    12-09-12 04:37 AM
    probably bbm video, siri like function and big name applications like skype and netflix...

there is one feature I would like to see rim add and its a complete copy of samsung.... but I'm just saying this cos I like the feauture and feel its useful lol.

on the samsung tablets there's a little button at the bottom which when you press captures a screenshot of the current screen open, is copied to clipboard and can be edited and then shared... I want that lol.
    DJM626 likes this.
    12-09-12 08:50 AM
    On the Galaxy S3 u can swipe your hand across the screen and it will capture a screenshot. Looks like a "scanning" effect while doing that gesture. Pretty cool.
    12-09-12 12:15 PM
    I hope it's things that B1aize, and Kevin have repeatedly said about how we haven't seen all of it. Just the surface of it. Whatever those "all of it" features are I'm sure they wouldn't lie.
    12-09-12 12:27 PM
    probably bbm video, siri like function and big name applications like skype and netflix...

there is one feature I would like to see rim add and its a complete copy of samsung.... but I'm just saying this cos I like the feauture and feel its useful lol.

on the samsung tablets there's a little button at the bottom which when you press captures a screenshot of the current screen open, is copied to clipboard and can be edited and then shared... I want that lol.
    On the Galaxy S3 u can swipe your hand across the screen and it will capture a screenshot. Looks like a "scanning" effect while doing that gesture. Pretty cool.
    On the PlayBook you just press the volume up/down buttons at the same time to get a screenshot. That was a 1.0 day 1 feature. Likely something similar on the handsets. Not copying Samsung if you had the "feature" first.
    12-09-12 12:31 PM
    On the PlayBook you just press the volume up/down buttons at the same time to get a screenshot. That was a 1.0 day 1 feature. Likely something similar on the handsets. Not copying Samsung if you had the "feature" first.
    really i had no idea this even existed! off to test it
    12-09-12 12:32 PM
    If you turn the volume up, you'll even hear the camera sound.

Keep in mind though, if you're on a corporate BES connection through ActiveSync, it won't work - part of the security of the device so you can't copy corporate info.
    12-09-12 12:44 PM
    If you turn the volume up, you'll even hear the camera sound.

Keep in mind though, if you're on a corporate BES connection through ActiveSync, it won't work - part of the security of the device so you can't copy corporate info.
    it works perfectly!! thanks so much, i had no idea, this existed.... is there an app i can dwnload to edit and share captured screens?
    12-09-12 02:26 PM
    A good ol-camera physical button on the side of the phone (to mimic a real camera).. would be nice.
    12-09-12 02:31 PM
    it works perfectly!! thanks so much, i had no idea, this existed.... is there an app i can dwnload to edit and share captured screens?
    try photo editor extreme, photo studio, photoshop express, or instaphoto. I think the first one is the only one that lets you send an email with the pic directly, the others let you share with facebook/twitter.
    amjass12 likes this.
    12-09-12 03:01 PM
33 12