Hey all. I do not have the data plan because I have wifi at school and most other places I go to. I'm happy with the reg plan and the wifi on my 8320.
    My question is this, how can I get OTA downloads without a data plan, only by wifi ?
    I'm trying to get games and apps, but its not letting me.
    07-21-08 01:25 AM
    Even if you have wifi and want to get OTA downloads how can you download with no data plan? Wifi is usually going to be used just for viewing not downloading.
    07-21-08 06:34 AM
    New Software: BlackBerry OTA Downloader | CrackBerry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 09:24 AM
    Yeah without a data plan, no downloading OTA unfortunately.
    07-21-08 09:31 AM
    That software I posted ^ lets you download files OTA and load them via DM.
    Last edited by mm_style; 07-21-08 at 10:36 AM.
    07-21-08 10:23 AM
    This thread is full of misunderstanding

Sorry, but it IS possible to DL and install an app OTA!! I know from first-hand experience!!

All you need to do is use the BlackBerry Browser (it does not work in OperaMini). If you have your Browser configured correctly for WiFi, everything will work fine!

Check out my "Complete WiFi Guide" in my signature if you need further WiFi help!
    07-21-08 10:26 AM
    k, ty u guys, ill look into it
    07-21-08 02:30 PM
    New Software: BlackBerry OTA Downloader | CrackBerry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

This software is awesome...no data, no problem...
    07-21-08 09:36 PM
    This thread is full of misunderstanding

Sorry, but it IS possible to DL and install an app OTA!! I know from first-hand experience!!

All you need to do is use the BlackBerry Browser (it does not work in OperaMini). If you have your Browser configured correctly for WiFi, everything will work fine!

Check out my "Complete WiFi Guide" in my signature if you need further WiFi help!
    I agree!!!
    07-21-08 09:40 PM
    i downloadd this and i can't get it to work nomatter what i write as the link i get this isnot a ota file .none of the jads open
    08-17-08 12:53 AM
    You don't need a data plan to use Wifi.

And for the record, you can surf the web and download stuff via wifi. Pop into any starbucks and look at those people on their laptops. They're connected via wifi.

Wifi just lets you connect to the internet via a wireless connection (much like a router does).
    09-14-08 11:42 AM
    MM Style

good call! Like the software.
    09-15-08 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD