I'm currently using Funambol to sync contacts, calendar etc wirelessly but every now and then if I make a change to either a contact or a appointment Funambol rather than updating it creates a duplicate.

I'm considering Googlesync but have no experience of this. I know quite a few people on here use Googlesync so I'm wondering whether this would be an alternative?

I'm using a Blackberry Bold and Outlook 2007 and I'm looking to sync my calendar, contacts and tasks. Funambol does allow this but does Googlesync allow the sync of all three?
    08-01-09 12:54 PM
    Not sure why you would need Google Calendar if you already use Outlook. I am currently messing around with Outlook and Google Calendars with Google Sync. Outlook syncs with BB on its own and Google Calendars needs Google Sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 03:34 PM
    Google Sync does not sync tasks, just calendar and contacts. I have read of, and experienced, some duplication of calendar events. Lately I've been adding events only in Google Calendar and have not seen any duplicates when syncing. I add them either from the Google Calendar Web site or by using Google's SMS service to add calendar events. I don't know if adding events in the BB calendar causes duplication--could just be a coincidence for me in the past.
    08-01-09 10:54 PM
    Thanks for your replies guys.

I was wondering whether Google sync would sync from Outlook and to the BB and vice versa the same way funambol does.

Adding appointments works fine either way, add in Outlook and it syncs to the Blackberry and vice versa but if I change an appointment in either Outlook or the BB then on the next sync rather than changing the appointment it creates a second appointment which then, if I don't manually delete gets re-synced and both end up with duplicates.

I've read quite a few people use Googlesync and wondered whether it would better serve my needs.
    08-02-09 09:36 AM
    ...I was wondering whether Google sync would sync from Outlook and to the BB and vice versa the same way funambol does.
    Have you looked here?
    Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
    08-02-09 11:24 AM
    I've read the google blurb but it seems to specifically refer to calendar and I want contacts syncd as well (would like tasks too but I read earlier in this thread that's not possible).

The reason I asked here is I've noticed googlesync mentioned a few times so thought I'd seek opinions from other members who actually use the software before changing from my current set-up.

08-02-09 12:36 PM
    Yes, Google Sync will work for both calendar and contacts. It does require a certain version of Outlook to sync to though. That's the only reason I did not go with it. I think it might have required Outlook 2003 or above (I'm on Outlook 2002).
    08-02-09 01:45 PM
    Yes, Google Sync will work for both calendar and contacts. It does require a certain version of Outlook to sync to though. That's the only reason I did not go with it. I think it might have required Outlook 2003 or above (I'm on Outlook 2002).
    Thanks for that, I might give it a go tomorrow now.

I'm running Outlook 2007 so hopefully it'll work for me.
    08-02-09 08:00 PM
    Google sync works well for me on Outlook 2007. I have also been using Soocial. Seems to need some work, but it's pretty good!

08-02-09 08:25 PM
    Google calendar will sync contacts as well, Outlook is not needed. They show up in your contact list in gmail, so technically you need gmail to do both(without Outlook).
    08-02-09 10:22 PM
    Google calendar will sync contacts as well, Outlook is not needed. They show up in your contact list in gmail, so technically you need gmail to do both(without Outlook).
    Thanks for that but I don't use gmail. I'd only set up a Google account so the sync could work but I'm happy with my email.
    08-03-09 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD