We are currently using BES hooked up to MS Exchange 2007. For some reason, people on the BES accounts do not have OTA syncing with their calendar, going from the handheld to the server.

It will push all calendar appointments from the desktop to the phone, but not the other way around. We are just now getting complaints because apparently the iPhone can.

Has anyone run into this issue? How can we fix it so that when we enter a new appointment into the calendar on the phone it will push to the desktop calendar?

We do not have any settings shown that the desktop should win on conflict (nor the phone). All ideas tried and appreciated!
    09-11-08 02:17 PM
    It sometimes happens that OTA sync is lost for one of the five apps that BES supports. I don't know why this happens, but here is a solution that has always worked for me:

You should know that there is a very slight risk of corrupting the OS on your device anytime you do a battery pull, so be sure to have a current backup before performing this procedure.
    1. Options / Advanced Options / Service Books
    2. Select the entry "Desktop [SYNC]"
    3. Push the Menu button
    4. Select Delete
    5. Answer "yes" to the "are you sure question?"
    6. Without turning off the blackberry, remove the battery
    7. Leave the battery out for a minute or so
    8. Put the battery back in
    9. After the blackberry boots up, select Options / Advanced Options / Service Books
    10. Push the Menu button
    11. Select Undelete

The Wireless Sync option should now be present for Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Messages, and Calendar. It may be necessary to do this procedure more than once. The first time I did it, the service book came back, but the Wireless Sync option did not come back. I repeated the entire process and the second time the Wireless Sync capability was restored. So if you do it and it doesn't work, repeat the entire process. I've successfully used this process to restore OTA synching for contacts, notes, and the calendar. I've never had the problem with Tasks or Messages.

If this process doesn't work, Blackberry Technical Support Knowledge Base Article KB10105 may apply. Here is the link: Calendar entries will not synchronize from the BlackBerry smartphone to Microsoft Outlook

If this Knowledge Base article applies, your IT department will have to solve the problem. It's beyond user solution.
    09-11-08 04:14 PM
    I was also having a heck of a time syncing either way. What finally fixed it for me was to delete the Desktop [CiCal] and Desktop [sync]. What we finally noticed was that the Desktop [sync] was missing.

Our IT resent the Service Book. Then I did a battery pull and reactivated the Enterprise Activation. After that, everything synched - emails, calendar, tasks, contacts and notes too! Works like a charm. The only thing now is that the battery drains much faster. I guess it's because it's constantly contacting the server. So rather than having to charge my device every 2-3 days, I now have to charge it every night. I also keep it charging while I'm at work. If anyone has any hints on how to make the battery last longer while using wireless sync I'd appreciate it.
    01-22-09 02:58 AM
    depending on the device you are using, you might want to update your OS to the latest current (non beta) version. this should correct the battery usage problem.
    01-22-09 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD