05-18-11 10:27 AM
27 12
tools
    Once RIM goes to QNX, ALL of their phones will be dual core. Dual core will be the standard for a while till the first low voltage quad cores start to hit the market.

I do not thing that RIM will waste their time and effort making a QNX lite for the older phones.
    It is not so much the older (but not yet out) phones that might cause a qnx lite, but the 2012 curves, it is unlikely that dualcore will be cost effective for those models and given that they are such big sellers it is not like they will delay them until dualcore does become cost effective and if their specs are similar to the current premium models then the latter might see the benefit.

The only other approach would be for them to launch a single model of qnx phone to start out with and then we get the full range in late 2012, but then again half of this board thinks all qnx phones will be late 2012 or later anyway.
    05-18-11 09:31 AM
    I think thats what we all are HOPING for... QNX to be the minimum standard for BB's by 2012. That would be sweet. That being said, is it going to happen, who knows. I don't pretend to be a technical genious, or have the inside scoop in the BB boardroom, just a guy who wants a phone that is with the times. I have a Storm 2 and love it, not for its shortcommings, (this is my first BB) for its all in one replacement value. Have a laptop - don't need to open it every morning. Had an ipod, stepped avay from it. had a phone book in my truck, now I don't. I am seriously looking for ward to the new lineup and wonder what the BB team has instore for us next year. QNX is a given, some way, some how, maybe not until 2013, (or whatever) but from wht I've seen from the leaks, and BB World, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Again, the Storm 2 is my first BB (and smart phone) and have had it for a year or so, but I am anxiously waiting for the new line up! thanks to all those that have replied.
    05-18-11 10:27 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD