Is there a way of updating the blackberry OS without having to update most of the applications on the phone after the update? I get notified that my blackberry OS has a new upgrade. I go through the update procedures without any problems. After the update, the first time I use most of the applications on the phone (google mobile, upvise, weatherbug, viigo, poynt etc...) I have to enter my username/pw or reset the settings etc... Is there a way to update the phone OS without having to go through the app update process each time? Thanks.
    06-27-10 03:01 PM
    Not that I am aware of. One of the drawbacks to Blackberry.
    06-27-10 03:03 PM
    Nope, its a developer thing. The developers have to program that into the app to store your registration onto the phone/card so that you can backup and/or restore

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 03:22 PM
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. That is what I was afraid of.
    06-27-10 05:02 PM
    A lot of apps (Quicklaunch, BerryWeather are two I remember) allow you to backup settings to the SD card. Check your apps and see which ones let you do so. The only thing I have not done yet is make a list of all programs I have that let you backup to SD casd. At least I could hit those first before rooting through the rest.
    06-27-10 08:39 PM
    yep, bummer
    06-27-10 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD