I have an 8100 on Rogers and it was running 4.2.1 (the latest official OS release). I had loaded on Viigo Crackberry Edition and then upgraded to v3 beta (??). I also had MiniMoni, Mini Opera, Google Mobile, Google Maps, and AllSport GPS going. One of these things seems to be freezing the OS for 10-30 seconds at a time. It seems to do it randomly and then it'll continue with what I wanted it to do.

I thought it was MiniMoni since an error message would come up about an exception with the application so I removed it. it still continued, so then I thought it was Viigo so I removed that. it still continued so then I upgraded to OS 4.5 (the one that's available for Asia, not an official Rogers OS release). alas, it's still hanging up.

anyone else have issues with the OS freezing and "thawing"? how can I fix this?
    10-15-08 10:48 AM
    The OS version you have now is exactly the same as the version Rogers is currently installing, that is not likely the source of your problem.

The best way to confirm or rule out problems with third party software would be to force a fresh build of the known good OS package. If the problem continues, it does point to a hardware issue. If it is resolved, the next step would be to individually install the third party applications to isolate the problem.

The first step is to create a Backup of your data and settings.

Second, connect your device and run Applications Loader. Select Update Application / Advanced / Options. Select both Delete all application data and Erase all currently installed Applications.

This will force the default build without carrying forward the data or apps.

Verify the basic function and watch for the freezing problem. If all is well, use Backup/Restore to restore the data and settings.

Continue testing until you are satisfied or have confirmed the problem.

10-15-08 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD