06-26-11 03:51 PM
    RIM officially announced the BlackBerry 7 OS today and during the presentation this morning at BlackBerry World I snapped a pic of the browser experience we can eventually expect. RIM points out their competition will lag behind them, in this case the iPhone 4, Nexus One and Nexus S. The slide shows that BlackBerry 7 OS is “now one of the elite browsers in mobile today” with the capacity to load pages 1.6 times faster than OS 6. RIM also reveals that an average web page on the 9900 loads in 7.81 seconds and the Torch falls way behind and loads in a long 12.4 seconds. In addition, RIM has verified stats by SunSpider (JavaScript benchmark test) that reveals the 9900executes in 2.84 seconds, the iPhone comes in second at 3.23, while both Android devices come are over 5 seconds. Finally, last place is the Torch 9800 with a very long 10.8 seconds. It’s now known what web page was loaded.

When we had the hands on time with 9900 the browser did render pages incredibly quickly with no lag time.

Source
    BlackBerry 7 browser performance is faster than the iPhone, Android | MobileSyrup.com
    TrespassersW likes this.
    06-26-11 04:18 PM
    Now THAT'S a cool article. Good stuff.
    06-26-11 04:24 PM
    Let's hope they can deliver...
    06-26-11 04:54 PM
    A video cmknight posted....

Unfortunately he only loaded the mobile sites.
    06-26-11 05:00 PM
    Want the Torch 2 instead becuase of the bigger screen. I fell inlove with it after I got the Torch 1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-11 09:23 PM
    Yup.....I'm also waiting for the Torch 2. Love, love, love my Torch 1.
    06-26-11 09:30 PM
    Only problem is the 9900 will be competing with the iPhone 5 not the iPhone 4.
    06-26-11 09:34 PM
    True. However, at the time of the test, the iP5 was not available.
    johnmarki likes this.
    06-27-11 03:06 AM
    I am glad to see some positive press, but to me this was not really new news. I really thought BB6 brought parity, if not superior, browser performance to BB's. Had it been paired with a fast processor, I believe it would have been way faster. The 100/100 ACID test on the first BB6 Torch was impressive.

Good to see they are improving it, but I believe RIM caught it competitors in browsers a year ago. I think this is something they did a poor job marketing, and it was one of the biggest complaints in 2009 and early 2010. The real issue for me was they did not support the Storm2 with the webkit update, and that burnt me on it. (I am over it now, sort of!)
    06-27-11 05:24 AM
    I'm excited.

06-27-11 07:40 AM
    I'm happy that the browser coming out in 2 months can beat a year old phones browser. As mentioned above, you are going to be launching around the new iphone 5 and droid lte phones. I don't see how the browser in os7 can beat the 4g androids.
    06-27-11 09:17 AM
    OK, great. Now get some new devices out so that we can actually use this OS!
    johnmarki likes this.
    06-27-11 09:28 AM
    It's great that an OS is setting the bar without actually being in consumers' hands.
    06-27-11 10:08 AM
    this was posted a couple months ago so i will be curious to see it in use. it doesnt say what sites they used which i find odd. Also i find it odd that they are boosting a javascript test when clearly that slows down the PB browser a ton! lol
    Rickroller likes this.
    06-27-11 10:26 AM
    I'm happy that the browser coming out in 2 months can beat a year old phones browser. As mentioned above, you are going to be launching around the new iphone 5 and droid lte phones. I don't see how the browser in os7 can beat the 4g androids.
    Your comment is like a dog that sh#ts on a beautiful green lawn. Why do you think its your job to kill everybodys buzz. This is good news.

johnmarki and sk8er_tor like this.
    06-27-11 02:18 PM
    Your comment is like a dog that sh#ts on a beautiful green lawn. Why do you think its your job to kill everybodys buzz. This is good news.

Because some people just have to crap on everything. Nothing is or ever will be good enough. If the OS7 browser outperforms every other browser out there for years to come, they'll just crap on apps or the OS being DOA or any other frakkin thing they can think of. Fact is, once OS7 comes out, every other browser will have to compete with it.

johnmarki and sk8er_tor like this.
    06-27-11 02:31 PM
    Because some people just have to crap on everything. Nothing is or ever will be good enough. If the OS7 browser outperforms every other browser out there for years to come, they'll just crap on apps or the OS being DOA or any other frakkin thing they can think of. Fact is, once OS7 comes out, every other browser will have to compete with it.

I understand the browser will be at least on par with others, but what you said I could only wish will be truth.
    06-27-11 02:39 PM
    Looks fast, but honestly the CB mobile site on my 9700 loads that fast on 3G.

Just sayin'....

06-27-11 05:35 PM
    Looks fast, but honestly the CB mobile site on my 9700 loads that fast on 3G.

Just sayin'....

yeah... I would have liked to seen some more pages load up.
    06-27-11 06:41 PM
    Sure, the LTE Androids will be fast with the backpack battery option. Or plugged into a charger constantly, which hampers its use as a mobile device. I know a lot if people whi love the way an Android does multimedia, for a little while.

An improved and speedier browser is the cat's tuchas for me. I use my BlackBerry for a lot of web surfing, and the faster it works, the more I can
    get done. Oh, wow, there goes the data usage again!

But as long as it works efficiently, all so much the better.

johnmarki likes this.
    06-27-11 07:35 PM
    the browser in os 7 looks so awesome, I cant wait to see how fast and powerful the browser is on a QNX berry.
    06-27-11 11:36 PM
    the browser in os 7 looks so awesome, I cant wait to see how fast and powerful the browser is on a QNX berry.
    Hopefully RIM gets things straightened out so there is a QNX BB!
    06-27-11 11:50 PM
    im sure there will be.
    06-28-11 12:23 AM

RIM's got a lot of money to start with. I'm sure they will be fine even with the bad market.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    06-28-11 12:25 AM
87 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD