Hello everyone,

I have the bb curve 9330 and I just updated from OS 5 to OS 6 last night. Everything went fine except there are duplicate application icons of certain apps that were on there before. The only ones are Visual Voice Mail, V CAST Apps, Slacker Radio, and the Sims 3 game. Does anyone know how to get rid of the duplicate app icon?

Thanks alot!
    01-29-11 08:17 AM
    Same here but I have found no way to get they to go away. I have wiped the phone and used BB Boss and nothing has helped so I just hid the apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 08:29 AM
    I talked to verizon and there first option was to wipe the phone and I had held off on it. Thanks for letting me know that didn't work. I will just hide them too I guess, it seems like the most sensible way to get rid of the problem unfortunately. If anyone thinks of anything else, please let me know.

Btw, do you have to have your two e-mail accounts on the main screen with different icons? Mine both have the envelope with little ball, except one is yellow and the other plain white
    01-29-11 08:33 AM
    I had the same thing happen to me. I have a Verizon 9650, but my duplicate icons came after I installed some new OS6 themes and went back to the Verizon standard theme. Many of the duplicates were either games, like SIMS 3 and Monopoly, and many Media icons, like video and pictures.

When I upgraded OS5 to 5.0.0.975, I got a lot of duplicate Verizon-push type icons. I just moved them ALL to a new folder I called "Xtra", things I rarely, if ever, need or use. That way, they are out of the way.
    01-29-11 10:16 AM
    Good to know I'm not the only one. I hid them as the other poster said, both methods (hiding or making an extra folder) do a good job.
    01-29-11 10:24 AM
    Not sure if this works, but have you tried deleting the duplicate service books?The duplicates seem to have slightly different names, like this:

"Sims3 VPL" and "The Sims3 VPL"
    "VCast Apps VPL" and "V Cast Apps VPL"
    etc

The icons didn't really bother me so I just hid them. Just something to try.
    01-31-11 07:53 AM
    I talked to verizon and there first option was to wipe the phone and I had held off on it. Thanks for letting me know that didn't work. I will just hide them too I guess, it seems like the most sensible way to get rid of the problem unfortunately. If anyone thinks of anything else, please let me know.

Btw, do you have to have your two e-mail accounts on the main screen with different icons? Mine both have the envelope with little ball, except one is yellow and the other plain white
    To the btw........ No there is a opt. you can go into the messages to change it so that all your messages go into one folder. Then just hide your email folders.

01-31-11 07:58 AM
    Ok guys I got the double apps figured out. Its like cpels7 said just go to your serive books and delete one of the books and it will remove that app.

01-31-11 08:25 AM
    Sweet, thanks for letting us know.
    01-31-11 08:42 AM
    Ok guys I got the double apps figured out. Its like cpels7 said just go to your serive books and delete one of the books and it will remove that app.

What I did, and I am not sure it makes a difference or not, is delete both, then go into my e-mail settings and resend the service books.
    01-31-11 10:03 AM
    That's what I had to do. Delete both. Then resend service books (or just reboot).
    01-31-11 11:16 AM
    Deleting the service books won't work, they will come back. Just hide the icons.
    01-31-11 11:27 AM
    The dupes shouldn't come back. They didn't for me. I deleted both and resent books and all was swell. But of course, everything I had dupes of I hid anyways.

Stupid Verizon. Oh well.
    01-31-11 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD