I just got this tweet from bbleaks...

I can confirm os 6.0... OS Version: 6.2.0.6 Hardware ID: 0x05000D07 RIM BlackBerry Stratus Pearl 9100
    maybe with webOS?? fingers crossed we start seeing leaks for this at some point this year!
    02-17-10 10:15 AM
    I just got this tweet from bbleaks...

maybe with webOS?? fingers crossed we start seeing leaks for this at some point this year!
    What you mean "with webOS"?
    02-17-10 10:51 AM
    lol theyve been working on OS 6.0 since last yr, from what ive been told its totally revamped and nothing like we've seen before
    02-17-10 10:54 AM
    lol theyve been working on OS 6.0 since last yr, from what ive been told its totally revamped and nothing like we've seen before
    Same thing was said about 5.0. We know how that turned out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 10:57 AM
    Im new to bb's (December) so first I have heard. Cant wait to see what it brings!

webOS... (as far as a browser)
    The webOS web browser is WebKit-based and, thus, pages render similarly to other WebKit-based browsers such as Safari, Google Chrome and the Android. The browser can be viewed in either landscape or portrait orientation, switched by rotating the device. Specific features of the web browser include the ability to play .pls file types without the need for an additional application. In addition, on February 16, 2009, Adobe announced that it will be developing a version of Adobe Flash Player for webOS.[10]
    02-17-10 10:58 AM
    And this is shocking? lol.

"Well boys we got OS 5.0 out for some devices now...lets all take a year off and stop development"
    02-17-10 11:00 AM
    They are always working on the next OS.
    02-17-10 11:01 AM

"Well boys we got OS 5.0 out for some devices now...lets all take a year off and stop development"
    LOL QFT. they dont just say "good job. vacation time!"
    02-17-10 11:05 AM
    well.. the tweet says its confirmed on a device. so, at least its one step closer
    02-17-10 11:12 AM
    Im new to bb's (December) so first I have heard. Cant wait to see what it brings!

webOS... (as far as a browser)
    What probably mean is Webkit based not webOS. And yes the next iteration of the BB browser is webkit based, theres a video of it in action on the front page blogs.
    02-17-10 11:14 AM
    Why in the blue tarnation would i want any part of PALM on my Blackberry.

WebOS is the OS for Palm devices.

as much as i hate Wikipedia...

webOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Palm USA | Palm Pre Phone | Features, Details

02-17-10 11:16 AM
    ok ok ok.. sorry mistyped ! sheesh.. lol

i was thinkin webKIT but typed webOS
    02-17-10 11:30 AM
    Nice..... would like to see this new OS.

You hate Wikipedia?? LOL why?
    I hate FB but Wiki.....

Why in the blue tarnation would i want any part of PALM on my Blackberry.

WebOS is the OS for Palm devices.

as much as i hate Wikipedia...

webOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Palm USA | Palm Pre Phone | Features, Details

02-17-10 11:46 AM
    Sweet!!! A good tech company NEVER stops and I can't WAIT to see what OS 6.0 brings..... BRING ON THE LEAKS!!!!
    02-17-10 11:48 AM
    I am hoping against hope that it will be hardware-backwards compatible. Hey, I can dream, right?
    02-17-10 12:16 PM
    ive been told its totally revamped and nothing like we've seen before
    revamped and nothing like we've seen before
    revamped and nothing like we've seen before

Never use those words with anything associated with RIM
    02-17-10 12:48 PM
    Nice..... would like to see this new OS.

You hate Wikipedia?? LOL why?
    I hate FB but Wiki.....
    Because any Tom, Richard, or Harry and edit WikiPedia. There is no uniformity or proof that the statements on that page are 100% in fact truth. I could edit the "smart phone" page to say " a smart phone is any phone that will wipe your **** after you ****."... and it would stick.... then you'd have some knuckle head @ BGR doing a 3 page rant on how we all thought Smartphones were so uncool before.

02-17-10 01:37 PM
    Same thing was said about 5.0. We know how that turned out

No. 5.0 was NEVER rumored to be a "major update"... That was made clear even before we saw the first SCREENSHOT of 5.0

BTW, wasn't the next OS series supposed to be 5.2?
    02-18-10 01:07 AM
    No. 5.0 was NEVER rumored to be a "major update"... That was made clear even before we saw the first SCREENSHOT of 5.0

Yeah I'm thinking it's unlikely that they'll jump straight to 6.0

In the past didn't we see it go from 3.8 > 4.0 > 4.1 > 4.2 > 4.3 > 4.5 > 4.6 > 4.7 > 5.0 ?

I know a lot of those versions are referring to different platforms but shouldn't we be seeing something like 5.1 or 5.2 between touch/qwerty models soon? We have heard about these versions being worked on internally. Just because it's not 6.0 doesn't mean we won't see drastic changes.

4.5 to 4.6 seemed like a big jump.
    02-18-10 01:51 AM
    Because any Tom, Richard, or Harry and edit WikiPedia. There is no uniformity or proof that the statements on that page are 100% in fact truth. I could edit the "smart phone" page to say " a smart phone is any phone that will wipe your **** after you ****."... and it would stick.... then you'd have some knuckle head @ BGR doing a 3 page rant on how we all thought Smartphones were so uncool before.

Yeah, you're correct, anyone can edit it. Just like anyone can post on a message board and claim fact from nowhere. (Sincerely not meant as sarcasm, simply an example.)

However, when it is fact, it is cited. And if you spend a bit of time on Wikipedia, you'll find that a large majority of the pages have citations for a good portion of the information listed.

And when edits are made, they must be approved. If you edited that page to say that, it would be removed in moments. I edited the page for my birthday once to add myself, and within 2 minutes it was gone again.

You'll find Wikipedia is a far more reliable source than the rap it's been given, but it's definitely not 100% accurate. Expecting that though, is unrealistic. But once that's been accepted, ... Wikipedia is incredibly addicting.
    02-18-10 07:17 AM

Do you not remember Crackberry, Pinstack, BGR, Cnet and what ever else site is BB related being JAM PACKED with "5.0 updates". and people are still whiney about this carrier or that carrier not having it.... it was pushed off a major update.
    02-18-10 09:08 AM
    You'll find Wikipedia is a far more reliable source than the rap it's been given, but it's definitely not 100% accurate. Expecting that though, is unrealistic. But once that's been accepted, ... Wikipedia is incredibly addicting.

When local colleges and universities refuse to accept their references in papers.... it's a major no-no in my book. in fact my sister currently has one professor that has said " if you site one Wikipedia Source in a paper, you will fail that paper and have 10% taken off your GPA."

but hey - im not in college so what do i care.
    02-18-10 09:12 AM
    4.5 to 4.6 seemed like a big jump.
    Why because the UI was slightly changed?
    02-18-10 11:25 AM
    I would be interested in having a look at this OS rel.
    02-18-10 11:27 AM

Most of the people who comment in these forums, seemingly do so thinking RIM has this mentality. So it's not surprising that people would find the news of OS6 shocking and exciting.
    02-18-10 12:58 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD