Prior to upgrading to OS 5.0.0.328, I was able to connect my Storm v1 to my Pioneer AVIC-D3 car stereo via bluetooth to both use the in-car mic and speakers to make phone calls and to play music through the in-car speakers. Since upgrading, it connects, but shows on the AVIC-D3 as an "Invalid Device."

Anyone else experiencing this problem, or some like it? Work around? I would be willing to go back to a previous OS, but 5.0 made me fall back in love with my BB Storm.

Please advise.
    11-10-09 12:06 PM
    Delete the device and repair it and it should work fine.

There are issues with restoring BT profiles from backups with this OS.
    11-10-09 12:11 PM
    Storm worked perfectly with the Tahoe prior to upgrade. I have deleted and repaired multiple times on the storm (9530). It pairs, but soon after drops the connection. Never staying connected for a phone call in or out. Help... anyone!

The tahoe has the complete nav/onstar/bluetooth system from Chevy.
    11-12-09 07:45 AM
    Maybe yet and delete the device from the car as well. I had mine working on Ford/Microsoft/active sync when I was running .230

Verizon should give you support for this issue since its their official software release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 07:59 AM
    I am having the same problems. I have repair numerous times with four different bluetooth devices with no sucess. Voice dialing is about 20% effective. I have loaded every leaked OS for the past six months without problems. I love .328 but may have to downgrade to .323, I live in a State with a headset law.

Has anyone found a fix?
    11-12-09 08:08 AM
    The Voice Dialing is not a BT issue...it's just that the Voice Dialing is really bad on this OS. It's a Voice Dialing issue not a BT issue...

Doesn't Vlingo have a free version with a voice Dialing feature? Maybe that's an option.
    11-12-09 10:00 AM
    I am having some bluetooth issues as well. My car and Jawbone device will go into continuous ringing mode after I hang up a call. When the phone connects to my car, the car thinks there is a call in progress. So that makes it where I cannot listen to the radio. I have to either turn off bluetooth or make a fake call to get it to disconnect.

I have tried deleting and readding the bluetooth devices, but no go.

The new OS makes the phone so much better, but this bluetooth issue is annoying.
    11-12-09 12:53 PM
    I am experiencing issues with plantronics stereo BT as well. It seems to work in mono mode, but fails on stereo activation.
    11-12-09 01:51 PM
    There's something wrong with the .328 BT support. Mine refuses to connect automatically and when I try to connect it manually it often fails or the Storm says it's connected, but it's not. When I get in the car I end up spending 5 minutes dinking around with the stupid thing trying to get it connected right. Like others, I have redone my profiles, deleted from each device, etc and it still doesn't work right. Even .230 worked better than this!

I hate .328...
    11-12-09 03:26 PM
    I have a great Motorola IHF1000 Bluetooth system installed with my OnStar system in my Avalanche. It worked great with 4.7 and will connect with 5.0, but then terminates after about 1 minute. I just got off the phone with Verizon Tech support and the are aware of the problem, but it is Motorolas problem. They claim that Motorola has to update their system to work with BB 5.0!!!

That sounds ludicrous to me!
    11-18-09 07:35 PM
    I had bluetooth issues (tried repairing, wiping, everything) but then I swapped in the .238 net_rim_bluetooth.cod using BBSAK and it works like a charm now
    suggest others try it (if you know what you are doing)
    11-18-09 07:39 PM
    I have a great Motorola IHF1000 Bluetooth system installed with my OnStar system in my Avalanche. It worked great with 4.7 and will connect with 5.0, but then terminates after about 1 minute. I just got off the phone with Verizon Tech support and the are aware of the problem, but it is Motorolas problem. They claim that Motorola has to update their system to work with BB 5.0!!!

That sounds ludicrous to me!
    It is ludicrous. What, all the other device manufacturers are supposed to bend over just for RIM? Wait, now THAT really sounds funny!

I had bluetooth issues (tried repairing, wiping, everything) but then I swapped in the .238 net_rim_bluetooth.cod using BBSAK and it works like a charm now
    suggest others try it (if you know what you are doing)
    Probably a dumb question, but your .238 hybrid has the .238 BT file, right? Hope so because that's where I just got it and I replaced the .328 file with it on the phone. Will see what happens!

WTF? My phone booted up with a java error and BBM is missing? I did NOT remove BBM...lol! Crikies!

OK, I think it's all fixed now. For some reason I thought it would be smart to delete the .328 file first, but apparently that wasn't a good idea (I had no idea it was somehow connected to BBM?). I put the .328 back in and things were normal again, and then I just pasted the .238 in on top of it. Seems fine now, though I haven't actually tried paring it with the car yet. No errors thouh and BBM is back...lol!
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 11-19-09 at 12:51 AM. Reason: edit
    11-18-09 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD