Yeah I was sorry. Your issue is quite peculiar though. Have you tried another version of 4.5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 10:44 AM
    Yeah I was sorry. Your issue is quite peculiar though. Have you tried another version of 4.5?

no, this is the one it shipped with and the latest on verizon's page. I don't know how I feel about non-verizon support OS's. Also, I'm trying to get Verizon to acknowledge that I keep having problems, so I'm trying to do everything they recommend me do. Thanks for the advice though.
    12-09-08 01:12 PM
    JJcool i have the exact same problem as you. Especially when watching youtube. My solution is to not watch youtube anymore
    12-09-08 01:27 PM
    JJcool i have the exact same problem as you. Especially when watching youtube. My solution is to not watch youtube anymore
    yeah, that's where I was having the problem, as well as video's that are embedded into blogs and such. I can't accept the fact that it just locks up and reboots when watching a video. Especially since I'm closing the app properly by going to "menu - close". so i'm going to dispute it with verizon. Not sure what they can offer me, but it seems pretty ridiculous to me that it doesn't work. I mean have you ever seen how well the iphone handles youtube? granted it can't play embedded videos on websites like the blackberry can, but it blows the blackberry out of the water on youtube since it doesn't have to use the m.youtube.com version.
    12-09-08 01:30 PM
    First, I got this glitch on my 2gb card. Then I got it on my brand spankin new 16gb card! I successfully deleted every bbthumbs.dat on the card (using Windows Finder) but it still popped up. Now I have to format my card and put 14 gigs of music back onto the card! This is going to take all day!!!!
    12-20-08 10:55 PM
    I pulled the battery on my brothers 8310 and now it will not boot up. I get the white screen with the hourglass, then the screen goes black and the red LED flashes, and it starts over. I tried pulling out the memory card but the problem is still there. He just upgraded to the ATT 4.5 yesterday. This is the first major issue with the new OS.

12-21-08 06:39 PM
    I have to tell you, the Crackberry forums have been a lifesaver for me since becoming a Blackberry owner. Before I go on, I'd like to thank everyone who takes the time to post and help others here.

I started having a problem with my Curve 8330 constantly rebooting recently. I've had this particular Curve, a brand new insurance replacement not a referb., for about 2 months now and this has just started happening. The Curve was shipped with 4.5 OS.

After searching the CB forums I found that many people solved their reboot problem by removing their media card and/or reformatting the card. I am no exception.

I purchased a new 4gb media card, purchased from Radio Shack for $14.99, and installed it. Once I restarted, I formatted the card. I have not had ANY problem with random rebooting since I have done this. Before replacing the card it was happening once every hour or so, very annoying to say the least!

I backed up all my media on my PC and loaded it back onto the new card.

Thanks again to all of you who suggested this fix. Once again, CB came to my rescue!

04-08-09 05:36 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD