I have been a loyal Blackberry user since 2008 when i got my the Bold. Used the windovvs platform since 2005 & as on htc till i moved on to the Blackberry completely because my girlfriend was in another city then & we were on BBM 24x7..

After the Bold i moved to Torch & then Torch 2.. & now am using the Q10.

Im divided in my opinion about the new OS & dont know whether to love the upgraded (much required ) hardware or hate the discomforting OS ?

while they have improved the handset by leaps & bounds ( wish they would've done it last year though).. there seem to be SO MANY things missing from OS 10 that were even there in OS 7..

Im listing the ones ive discovered so far & really wish they would do something about it..

1) NO DIRECT SPEED DIAL:
    You cant speed dial some1 the way you used to unless you dont open the keypad section on the phone screen ...whyy ??

2) NO CHOICE OF DELETING EMAILS ON HANDSET OR INBOX:
    Now e dont have a choice of deleting emails only in handset & leaving them in the inbox.. ?
    You either keep them.. or delete them.. wen will we get that choice back ??!!

3) CANT SHRINK PICS IN EMAIL:
    Now when you attach pics there is NO OPTION to shrink the size of the file like there was earlier ?
    will that option be available anytime soon ?

4) ATTACHED FILE DOES NOT APPEAR wITH ORIGINAL NAME:
    vvhen i emailed myself some pics from my other account.. it showed some other name while saving..
    i didnt remember the names.. so had to look up my comp again to confirm the names ..
    why cant vve save files with original names ??!!

5) CANT SAVE PICS FROM FACEBOOK ON BROVVSER.. ONLY THRU FB APP:
    No vvhen i open my fb profile.. i cant save my own pics as theres no "save option" !!
    why ?!!

6)CANT SEARCH A PERSONS NAME ON BBM OR VVHATAPP UNLESS CLICLINK ON SEARCH TAB:
    like i could search any1 bu merely typing a persons name .. novv thats not possible !!
    i have to open & click on the search tab & only then type the persons name to find..
    Hope they find a way to make it simpler again!!

THE POINTS ABOVE ARE ONLY SOME OF THE GLITCHES I CAN REMEMBER SO FAR & DONT MEAN TO MAKE A LONG LIST OF NEGATIVES HERE CRITICIZING THE Q10 AS STILL DO LOVE MY BLACKBERRY..
    BUT I SINCERELY HOPE THEY would FIND A SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS IM FACING with OS 10
    09-17-13 12:22 PM
    Well, my keyboard has a W, so that's a good point, for starters.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-17-13 12:27 PM
    I have been a loyal Blackberry user since 2008 when i got my the Bold. Used the windovvs platform since 2005 & as on htc till i moved on to the Blackberry completely because my girlfriend was in another city then & we were on BBM 24x7..

After the Bold i moved to Torch & then Torch 2.. & now am using the Q10.

Im divided in my opinion about the new OS & dont know whether to love the upgraded (much required ) hardware or hate the discomforting OS ?

while they have improved the handset by leaps & bounds ( wish they would've done it last year though).. there seem to be SO MANY things missing from OS 10 that were even there in OS 7..

Im listing the ones ive discovered so far & really wish they would do something about it..

1) NO DIRECT SPEED DIAL:
    You cant speed dial some1 the way you used to unless you dont open the keypad section on the phone screen ...whyy ??

2) NO CHOICE OF DELETING EMAILS ON HANDSET OR INBOX:
    Now e dont have a choice of deleting emails only in handset & leaving them in the inbox.. ?
    You either keep them.. or delete them.. wen will we get that choice back ??!!

3) CANT SHRINK PICS IN EMAIL:
    Now when you attach pics there is NO OPTION to shrink the size of the file like there was earlier ?
    will that option be available anytime soon ?

4) ATTACHED FILE DOES NOT APPEAR wITH ORIGINAL NAME:
    vvhen i emailed myself some pics from my other account.. it showed some other name while saving..
    i didnt remember the names.. so had to look up my comp again to confirm the names ..
    why cant vve save files with original names ??!!

5) CANT SAVE PICS FROM FACEBOOK ON BROVVSER.. ONLY THRU FB APP:
    No vvhen i open my fb profile.. i cant save my own pics as theres no "save option" !!
    why ?!!

6)CANT SEARCH A PERSONS NAME ON BBM OR VVHATAPP UNLESS CLICLINK ON SEARCH TAB:
    like i could search any1 bu merely typing a persons name .. novv thats not possible !!
    i have to open & click on the search tab & only then type the persons name to find..
    Hope they find a way to make it simpler again!!

THE POINTS ABOVE ARE ONLY SOME OF THE GLITCHES I CAN REMEMBER SO FAR & DONT MEAN TO MAKE A LONG LIST OF NEGATIVES HERE CRITICIZING THE Q10 AS STILL DO LOVE MY BLACKBERRY..
    BUT I SINCERELY HOPE THEY would FIND A SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS IM FACING with OS 10
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!

I'm going to sound like an apologist for BlackBerry, but really....I'm not.

All the issues you described can be dealt with in subsequent releases. All platforms need to mature. Should they have included them? Possibly. But then BlackBerry would have been accused of delaying more than necessary.

Are features missing? Yes. Will they come in time? I expect they will.
    sidxox likes this.
    09-17-13 12:29 PM
    to address #5, just use the touch screen, long press on the pic and then save it. it works for all images in the browser.
    09-17-13 12:30 PM
    haha mine does too.. am on my laptop.. & my "w" keys conked.. works sometimes.. & doesnt sometimes ..

No complains with the Q10 keyboard which I think is one of the best so far..
    09-17-13 12:35 PM
    @ stabstabdie.. thanx & hope they work around it soon..
    about #5, tried.. cudnt get the submenu to open to access the save option..
    09-17-13 12:36 PM
    If you are using a Q it could not be showing because of its small screen..

If you press and hold a pic, and don't see a little picture icon with a check, then press the 3 dots. The full menu becomes available and you may be able to scroll down to find more options.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-17-13 12:42 PM
    I like it but for me there never will be a perfect os. I loved webOS for its cards, I love BlackBerry for its smoothness and keyboard and browser, I like iOS for its simplicity and android for its all around capabilities.

The features you mention I agree are things I would like to see return, especially the email option, but it's to be expected with an OS in its first year that not everything will be there.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 12:51 PM
    Hope they do soon... so i can enjoy my bb experience just as i did earlier..
    ALSO>>>>I was quite Happy with my Battery life of the Q10 & was pleasantly surprised..as it used to last all day with 20% to go...
    However after Upgrading to OS 10.1.0.4181 my batter life has gone down by half !
    My 4 pm its down to 20% with the SAME usage !!
    Also the phn heats up more no & hangs.. which it never used to before i upgraded my os

EVEN TRIED USING THE SPARE BATTERY I GOT wITH MY PORTABLE CHARGER..
    NO DIFFERENCE !

wHAT DO I DO & HO DO I IMPROVE MT Q10 BATTERY LIFE ??
    09-17-13 12:51 PM
    @ stabstabdie.. thanx & hope they work around it soon..
    about #5, tried.. cudnt get the submenu to open to access the save option..
    Is the Facebook site in html5? Could that be the cause? Try changing your browser settings to desktop mode.
    09-17-13 03:47 PM
    The Facebook thing you talked about is on all devices

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 03:49 PM
    There's an application in BBWorld called "Speed Dial" which works for me.

Z10 via CB10
    09-17-13 04:01 PM
    Lovin' it!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on my Qued10 in CB10
    09-17-13 04:39 PM
    Do you also need to place the same comment in other threads as well?

Hope they do soon... so i can enjoy my bb experience just as i did earlier..
    ALSO>>>>I was quite Happy with my Battery life of the Q10 & was pleasantly surprised..as it used to last all day with 20% to go...
    However after Upgrading to OS 10.1.0.4181 my batter life has gone down by half !
    My 4 pm its down to 20% with the SAME usage !!
    Also the phn heats up more no & hangs.. which it never used to before i upgraded my os

EVEN TRIED USING THE SPARE BATTERY I GOT wITH MY PORTABLE CHARGER..
    NO DIFFERENCE !

wHAT DO I DO & HO DO I IMPROVE MT Q10 BATTERY LIFE ??

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 04:53 PM
    I LOVE IT!
    I hope you find all the solutions you're looking for. Good luck.
    09-17-13 05:12 PM