Have the 8120 on Orange PAYG and the GPS (Advanced options, GPS, GPS Data source) is blank. Those nice but uninformed people at Orange do not know the setting (or if the feature is available on PAYG).
    Has anyone got this working?
    Cheers
    03-24-09 07:03 AM
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the 8120 does not have GPS, it has WiFi instead. The 8110 has GPS.

I think there are things you can buy to attach to the phone for GPS, but I've never looked into it myself.
    03-24-09 02:56 PM
    Thanks, seems my salesman knew just enough to be dangerous!
    03-25-09 02:39 AM
    Talking of salesman, I returned an iPhone last week as the signal was poor and the salesman told me payg signal is not as strong as a contract one. That was O2 now I'm back on Orange (same phone as you)
    03-25-09 09:38 AM
    I tried the Orange shop a week after purchase to see if they knew the GPS setting.
    It was grabbed out of my hand by the assistant who disappeared into the back of the shop for five minutes, only to emerge sheepishly with 'sorry we don't know'. Try this number for the data support line. I did next day and it failed to connect (invalid number).

Rang general support as the phone had switched itself off for no reason (not the auto power function, the buttons were not responding, had to take the battery out to get it working again). Pleasant enough Indian guy spent 20 minutes asking me ABC questions (I work in IT) and when it looked like he was getting into a replacement situation I was simply cut off.
    03-25-09 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD