Hi everyone, I just received my 8320 yesterday from Orange uk. I have tried setting up the phone to my bt home hub router, I have a grey "wifi" simbol on the top right hand side of the screen and it says "Orange-bt hub" on the screen too. When I connect to the internet via the 8320 it keeps using the GPRS. I have looked in "wifi settings" and there is a yellow symbol next to the wifi. If i turn off the mobile network i can us the wifi!!!
    What am i doing wrong, the settings are set for wifi prefurred.

One more question, is there a way of making the keyboard backlight any brighter? (poor eyesight)

Thank you for any replys
    02-15-08 03:54 AM
    Hi welcome to CB!

I can't help you with wifi unfortunately.

Backlight can not be made brighter but you can make the fonts larger & extra bold which might help you - go to options > screen keyboard to adjust the settings, you can also set the backlight to stay on a bit longer there.
    Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-08 05:57 AM
    Did a google search and found this BT home hub help site BT Home Hub explored

02-15-08 07:40 AM
    Hi,

To get your browser to use WiFi you need to tell your browser:
    Go to Options, Advanced, Browser and change the default browser to Wi-Fi Browser.

Regarding the yellow Wi-Fi icon and the grey Wi-Fi logo this means that you can't connect to the blackberry servers over Wi-Fi. Which is a UK problem not your problem, as far as I am aware non of the UK mobile operators support BIS over Wi-Fi.

BigJoe
    02-15-08 03:12 PM
    You can use the wifi for browsing & downloading but not for the blackberry service (emails etc).
    There is an excellent answer to an o2 wifi question in another thread below which should help you.

02-15-08 06:57 PM
    Thanks for the help. It was the only problem I was having. Great phone.
    02-15-08 07:25 PM
    You can use the wifi for browsing & downloading but not for the blackberry service (emails etc).
    There is an excellent answer to an o2 wifi question in another thread below which should help you.

Could you point me to this thread please? I have tried doing a search, but obviously not good enough! I am having a problem with Orange and my BB which I posted in the bb curve 83xx forum , and am still trying to figure it out.

Thanks!
    03-22-08 09:42 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/832...ifi-uma-23992/

I took part in this discussion recently, I think it may be the one Hazysky was referring too.

It seems Orange and O2 are working on UMA reliability issues. Once the geeks figure it out, everybody in the system will benifit.
    03-22-08 01:41 PM
    Does anybody know of an email program that can be used solely with wifi download?
    03-26-08 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD