OK - say

I don't care about moving images

And just want to post on web forums (like this one) and be able to operate all the buttons / options etc..

What can I disable to make it run faster, it keeps saying 'requesting script' and 'loading script' while it slowly loads up...

Thanks
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 09-05-08 at 04:04 PM.
    09-05-08 03:53 PM
    There isn't anything you can do to optimize javascript. FWIW, CrackBerry provides a BB friendly version of the forums at wap.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 04:02 PM
    Thanks, I think disabling background images has helped speed it up a little.
    09-05-08 04:22 PM
    The default browser settings don't work well for the wapforum. For better performance, you should check all the boxes in Options / Browser Configuration. "Support Style Sheets" is critical for the wapforums pages to display properly. However, I don't know if these settings will affect speed at all.

Here's a relevant link: How to Access Crackberry from my Blackberry
    09-05-08 11:10 PM
    For me I hated the slow loading pages also what worked for me so far as speeding it up was to go to ("menu","options","browers configuration") then ONLY check these boxes

�support HTML Pages
    �Use foreground and background colors
    �use background images

**Now make sure all other boxes are unchecked**

Also make sure you change these settings

�show images: on WML & HTML pages
    �emulation mode: Blackberry

Now hit the "back button" and then "save" and you will need to go to the
    "general properties" and then change settings to

�Image quality: low
    �Repeat animation: once

**Now UNCHECK**

�enable javascript location support
    �WML script running

This should speed it up tremendously hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 01:29 AM
    Hi to everyone,

I was reading but I can't find the browser configuration you all talk about. I go to "options" and "advanced Options" and get "browser" and "browser push" with no ability to check or uncheck boxes in any of them. I have a curve with 4.5 on it.

I need to speed the thing up so any help would be appreciated.
    10-09-08 10:47 AM
    You need to hit the blackbery button while in the browser then go to options and you can see the boxes.

Also you might want to clear your browser cache while your in the options. It may be bogging you down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 11:10 AM
    I have done a fair amount of testing and settled on these setting for the CrackBerry WAP Forum.

Browser Configuration:
    Internet Browser with everything checked.

General Properties:
    Font: BBClarity
    Default size: 10
    Minimum size: 8
    Minimum style: Bold

Default view: Column
    Enable cursor in column view: No

Disabling the cursor allows the trackball to jump from link to link in Column view. Very quick, but sometimes I do lose the focus. That is where the top and bottom shortcuts come in handy.
    10-09-08 11:32 AM
    I was wondering if someone could update this thread for the blackberry tour? I have been trying to find the best browser settings for my tour, but 'style sheets media' is not one of the options on the tour (atleast that I could find...) This is my first bb, so I am unfamiliar w/ the best configurations. I did successfully upgrade my 0s to .191 recently. Even with some of the bugs, I like it enough to keep it, but I've noticed that my browser is running slower and I am having trouble moving around the crackberry website. I currently do use opera mini on my phone in lieu of the standard browser. Can someone please address (in very simple, newbie 'speak') the best set up for a tour with respect to the internet? I have looked through the forum, but am still confused as to the best configuration.

Thanks in advance!
    p.s. I found a link to this thread in the 83xx forum and posted there before I realized the it was a device discussion--sorry for the duplication.
    09-04-09 04:25 PM
    Disabling the cursor allows the trackball to jump from link to link in Column view. Very quick, but sometimes I do lose the focus. That is where the top and bottom shortcuts come in handy. [/color]
    When you lose focus, you can also hit the space bar once (page down) then just roll back up one screen with the track ball.
    09-04-09 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD