I would like to hear from you who has experience with the wider keyboard of the Passport and the more narrow ones of Q10 and Classic. What do you think is the optimal keyboard width. Do you like the wider keyboard of the Passport more or the more narrow one of the Classic?
    03-04-15 01:02 PM
    It is not about the width of the keyboard, it is about the width of the device. Most users want a device that is narrower than 73 mm.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 02:01 PM
    I think Passport keyboard can be bit narrower. Just 1 cm narrower or 5 mm narrower. I think it would be perfect. At that size, one handed use might be possible, albeit uncomfortably.
    03-04-15 02:08 PM
    Passport. "Impossible" to miss a key. Can't go back to Q10 anymore, at least I need a few minutes of practice before I'm in any way capable of writing message @ meaningful speed...
    :-)

Haven't tested the Qla99ic extensively yet (shop display!), might be a good middle-of-the-road device.

  "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)  
    03-04-15 04:42 PM
    I miss the keys on my Passport all the time. I can't type as fast as with my Q10. But the nice big screen makes up for it.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    03-07-15 01:40 PM
    I personally don't see how anyone can type with any type of speed on the Passport. While I do think the keyboard has a great feel to it, trying to type as fast on the Passport vs. a narrower keyboard or touchscreen keyboard is nearly impossible.
    Last edited by donnation; 03-07-15 at 03:16 PM.
    03-07-15 02:11 PM
    I personally don't see how anyone can type with any type of speed on the Passport. While I do think the keyboard has a great feel to it, trying to type as fast on the Passport vs. a narrower keyboard or touchscreen keyboard is nearly impossible.
    You may not type as fast as other phones, but you can still type pretty fast with it.

03-07-15 03:32 PM
    You may not type as fast as other phones, but you can still type pretty fast with it.

I don't disagree with that at all. I can type at a decent speed with it but I was much faster on the 9900 and am much faster on the Z30. I don't think its necessarily a bad thing, it just makes typing a little more of a chore because your fingers have to stretch out more to reach the keys.
    03-07-15 03:35 PM
    I don't disagree with that at all. I can type at a decent speed with it but I was much faster on the 9900 and am much faster on the Z30. I don't think its necessarily a bad thing, it just makes typing a little more of a chore because your fingers have to stretch out more to reach the keys.
    Yeah might be a little bit slower but accuracy is great

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:52 PM
    I miss the keys on my Passport all the time. I can't type as fast as with my Q10. But the nice big screen makes up for it.

So in practice Blackberry could have gone for smaller keys and added more function keys on the side like shift, caps lock, tab? I personally think they could have gone for more keys per row.
    03-07-15 04:13 PM
    The wider keyboard of the passport made me so accurate and fast it's not even funny. Almost impossible to miss a key.

People here me typing or texting and turn and look to see wtf is going on since it sounds like an accountant on a typewriter lol.

"Clickclickclickclick"

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    03-07-15 04:41 PM