i put UNITE on my 8320 last night. It blocked my browser today with a IT error. It replaced my phones browser with a UNITE Browser
    07-02-08 12:18 PM
    The program looked awesome till i got to the step where u activate handset. the phone has been on the white screen of death for an hour, and my main pc went to the blue screen of death. Dont ever use this program....

p.s. thank god for backup pc's and bb's
    07-02-08 07:59 PM
    I have tried to install the program a few time now and it keeps coming up with the same message. "database server not found" "verify the provided information". i would greatly appreciate the help this seems like a good thing to test out.
    07-02-08 08:37 PM
    Reading through this thread is sounds like a well maintained BES will provide everything Unite would. Sound correct or am I missing something really obvious?
    Unite is geared more toward small groups (5 user max) that
    would not go with a BES. Families, small offices. And it's free.
    07-02-08 08:51 PM
    Upload please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blackberry Unite! on rapidshare.com
    07-02-08 11:47 PM
    sorry to say i hate it
    07-02-08 11:52 PM
    Upload please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blackberry Unite! on rapidshare.com
    OK that the second time, what are you trying to
    say? It's not a Beta and freely available, why does
    it need to be on rapidshare?
    07-03-08 12:27 AM
    I think the new version is better than the original, but I removed it because it slowed down my pc too much. It runs like 10 processes in the background and slowed my pc too much. The experience on my berry was far better than the first version. I liked the download manager. In the future I would like to see it more customizable and use less resources on the pc. I would also like to see them raise the max file size to 3mb for wireless downloads. I run on evdo, so speed isn't a problem, but I don't have wifi options on verizon.
    07-09-08 04:20 PM
    Any chance they are aware of all the problems?

Yikes!
    07-10-08 12:38 AM
    Yea they are all over it I just hope it remains free.

Its working great for me and mine, would probably work better if I would leave it alone.
    07-10-08 05:43 PM
    This program SUCKS. Plain and Simple. RIM should be ashamed of themselves for attaching their good name to such a crappy program. Like everyone else, I installed it, hoping that in the end, when I was at work or out running around, my wife could see my calendar on my desktop computer and find out what meeting I might be at, should she forget. I had no idea that this little piece of crap was going to install a custom IT policy. I was on vacation when I called VZW tech support to figure out what was going on, and why it would no longer browse the internet. Luckily enough reading through this forum and others gave me an idea as to what I needed to do to fix the problem. Also, the backup worked, so I didn't lose my data, and I have an 8330 with Os 4.3 on it, so it was a much easier process using JL_Cmder. I advise everyone to steer clear of this app. Also make sure you send a note to RIM telling them how much the UNITE software SUCKS. [email protected] Hopefully they will figure it out sooner or later. They should have made UNITE a simple desktop software program for syncing your BB to, that would hold a common calendar, address book, etc. That would have worked just fine.
    Last edited by fyrfyter; 07-16-08 at 08:21 AM.
    07-16-08 08:07 AM
    Was going to try this.. but I'm not going to chance it.....

Hopefully RIM fixes and makes it more friendly for us users with less problems...
    08-10-08 10:43 PM
    What I still can't believe is after all the problems that have occurred, with people loading this onto their blackberry, the people that host this forum still don't read it, and thought it was a good enough of an idea to have a Blackberry101 article on how to install Unite and get it working. WTF? Is the next article going to tell you how to remove Unite and then use JL Cmder to fix your blackberry? DUH, like figuring out writing the article as described above was a bad idea..........
    08-11-08 11:10 AM
    Unlike almost everyone else here, I use Unite and love it!

My wife and I both have Blackberry Bolds, and mine is connected to my employer's BES as well as my Unite server. Hers is Unite only.

It is quite neat being able to add contacts and shared calendar entries on the fly and have them show up on both devices. There is also the added usefulness of being able to check call and internet logs.

All in all I'm very happy with the Unite product.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 09:17 PM
    I'm not sure why there was a 101 article about installing Unite -- from everything I've read, it's a pretty crappy program.

For those of you who did install Unite and are trying to remove the IT Policy, DO NOT USE THE "BLANK" IT POLICY METHOD! You'll be stuck with a firewall you can't administer and some crazy prompts while web browsing.

Follow the instructions on the thread below, and you'll be back to a pre-Unite state (assuming your computer hasn't turned in a Unite zombie):

forums.crackberry.com/f2/new-how-completely-remove-policy-34665/

Good luck!
    Surely you realized that these issues were corrected long ago with Unite, a few weeks after the initial launch, they revised the application.
    10-12-08 08:40 PM
    It just took me hours to get Unite off my 8830 and back to pre-IT Policy state. I really didn't use it long, but I notices that I couldn't browse the net. Also, if you put a contact in you BB, will it transfer to the PC and all other BB users automatically? Can you have multiple calendars and contact databases on it?
    11-15-08 06:11 PM
    I actually got it working pretty well. I was even able to have it set up so that I could sync my work calendar through DM and my personal events via Unite! wirelessly. The only trick was that I had to mark personal events at "Private". That way, DM would skip them and not put them on my work calendar. Also, since you actually have to manually push the calendar events to Unite! by selecting "Share" I didn't have to worry about uploading work events to the Unite! calendar.

Still, it was being troublesome with the address book sync. I could receive contacts on my BB when I entered them in Unite!, but I couldnt get shared contacts on my BB to show up in Unite!

I eventually decided to abandon it for now, in favor of Google Sync, but even after uninstalling Unite! from my PC and BB and manually deleting all of the Unite! Source Book entries, there were still traced left on my BB that were causing problems with other things. So, I finally decided to just do a clean install, wiping everything out. Now my BB is fine again and I'm trying to get Google Sync's new contact sync feature sorted out.

-SR-
    11-19-08 03:52 PM
    I've been hunting high and low for a way to have access to my files at home - without paying for additional fees and software. Unite does it fairly well.

I've already got a perfect system (for me) for personal and work email using BIS and Google services, so I pared down Unite's array of features to nothing other than file sharing. Everything that I already use Google and BIS for is either disabled or hidden.

But now, with a little homework (setting up port forwarding, sharing, etc.) I can browse my entire home PC from my BB Bold. I can download huge files via Wifi while I'm there (watched the Family Guy while sitting on the toilet last night) and can browse effectively through pictures and documents via 3g while I'm away.

It's got a few burps and hiccups, the connection isn't perfectly stable via 3g, but dang, I can't beat the price and the geeky fun of doing something I shouldn't be able to do!

I look forward to future versions of this product, with more options. High on my list is some way to search the remote computer (longshot, I know) and larger thumbnails while browsing.
    12-01-08 01:01 PM
    LOL this thread is just too funny!
    12-10-08 01:00 PM
    Is there any good news on Unite? Have there been any updates that make this worth using? I would like to try this but not sure I should. Do not want to spend half a day re setting my bb if it is not working. Anyone happy with it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 06:57 PM
    I have removed Unite from my old Blackberry (I tought) but when i backed up my details and uploaded it to my new blackberry all my old contacts say "synchronise using:Unite" my new contacts sync with gmail but im unable to turn off Unite sync.
    in contacts,options,unite,wireless Synchronisation it says "not available" greyed out on opition for yes/no.

is there any way i can get all these contact to sync with my gmail account?

Thanks,
    Michael
    11-29-09 05:39 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD