I just installed Blackberry Unite! and have to say that I'm not greatly impressed. Didn't find much that was worth bragging about. IMO, using Google Calendar with the sync looks better to me and has more options than the Unite calendar feature. Maybe I missed something so feel free to convince me if you have a different opinion.

Anyone installed Blackberry Unite! and do you have any early opinions? Great/Good/OK/Bad/Horrible?
    05-08-08 05:24 PM
    I'm on mac, so with BlackBerry's history of catering to the Windows crowd, I'm once again out of the loop. My fiance and I both have BB's, and it would be nice to have access to pics and files, and have calendars that are always in sync. Oh well, maybe some day.
    05-09-08 12:01 AM
    Seems that its a very, very basic idea of BES, with wireless sync of contacts and calendar, automatically... and sharing wirelessly. If i add a calendar event to my BB, it will automatically add it to any other BB i run in my Unite, as well as if i add an event in Unite, it will push it out to my BB.

Also can restrict and allow phone/sms/mms/internet, and remote wipe the device...

Still playing, but pretty promising!
    05-09-08 12:35 AM
    where did u guys get bb unite from?
    05-09-08 12:46 AM
    The blogs. But be careful, it WILL install an IT policy onto your device...
    05-09-08 12:49 AM
    Sounds promising to me. I would like it keep be able to sync the calendar with my wife's. We often schedule appointments on our individual BB's that both of us need to attend (parent-teacher conferences, etc). Also to keep some common contacts synced as well. But until I hear how well it has worked for others, I will wait a little while.
    05-09-08 12:50 AM
    .... be careful, it WILL install an IT policy onto your device...
    Oh forget that.. you just made up my mind for me...
    05-09-08 12:51 AM
    can u manage the it policy your self and are u talking about our blogs here @ cb?
    05-09-08 12:52 AM
    seems i rim is smart enough to know my ip is coming from the us, so could someone send it to me.... or tell me and alternative to d/l bb unite.
    05-09-08 01:00 AM
    i downloaded it from the link kevin has in the blogs, but if that doesnt work, i will email you the file..

As to the IP policy, im just testing it out, but it seems that it is fairly blank...

Although i'm not very happy about having a policy on my personal BB..
    05-09-08 01:03 AM
    i downloaded it from the link kevin has in the blogs, but if that doesnt work, i will email you the file..

As to the IP policy, im just testing it out, but it seems that it is fairly blank...

Although i'm not very happy about having a policy on my personal BB..
    so what are you goods and bads w/ it thus far?
    05-09-08 01:14 AM
    Heres the bad:

So far, it looks like you need to add contacts into the Unite, and it will push to the BB, but it will not go from the BB to Unite..

Gotta play with it more, and now that i have an IT policy, i might as well keep going with it..

Only been playing with it for an hour or so..
    05-09-08 01:23 AM
    i should have went to bed when i started to but now that i have this software, i'm about to fire up my desktop and get cracking. i'm be drinking coffee all day @ work.....
    Last edited by kasperapd; 05-09-08 at 05:41 AM. Reason: language
    05-09-08 01:26 AM
    only takes a few min to load up and get started, have fun!
    05-09-08 01:34 AM
    trying to figure out how to get pass adding a user, i already have all my email accts setup. what was ur treatment for this action.
    05-09-08 01:37 AM
    You need to add an email account, that will be forwarded to the BB. I just deleted one of my gmails from my BIS and added it through Unite.
    05-09-08 01:42 AM
    i wonder if we can get outlook contacts over to unite?
    05-09-08 01:47 AM
    Yes, RIM have been posting knowledge base articles for a couple of days now about BB Unite. Reading them, there does seem to be one gotcha.

The machine on which BB Unite runs must be kept running. This is understandable. But if it DOES fail (crash, or just power fails) it seems you don't even get email on your BB! I guess this is no different from a BES, but a BES is normally looked after in a corp data centre and may even be in a redundant configuration.

So all I'm saying is 'beware'. You may be significantly reducing the robustness of your BB solution by runing BB Unite at home, say... One good thing about the BIS and operator network is that when they break you know there's lots of people running round trying to fix it ASAP. Thay wont be the case with your Unite server, especially when you're nowhere near it!
    05-09-08 01:49 AM
    maybe we could use a dummy email acct w/ unite ([email protected], "create one") and use unite to sync our contacts & calendars?

unite is sending all my emails from my gmail acct. i have checked the acct via the web in 2months. omg the emails are gonna be pouring in.
    Last edited by kasperapd; 05-09-08 at 05:45 AM. Reason: language again
    05-09-08 02:03 AM
    After mine installs, it opens the browser but won't connect to the local host address. Anyone got any suggestions?
    05-09-08 04:02 AM
    biggest bonus for me is, the remote hard disk access. that just makes everything just peachy.
    i can attach all kinds of things to my emails now.
    05-09-08 04:59 AM
    Here are some online instructions:

BlackBerry Unite!
    05-09-08 05:52 AM
    Do I need to have Enterprise level service from my carrier? Or is the std. $30 BB Personal (AT&T) going to be enough to use this?
    05-09-08 07:03 AM
    You will need ur data plan because bb unite sync's wirelessly. And is their anyway got get the contacts from our berrys rather then having to manually add them via bb unite?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-08 07:17 AM
    My question is I am with Telus with the 15 unlimited data, IM ( BIS not BES). Do you know if i will be charge for BES data ?. thx have a great day guys.
    05-09-08 07:23 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD