So the smallest US carrier(approximately 33 mill customers, as opposed to ATT or big red with over 100 mill), and the carrier with the worst nationwide coverage, is dropping support for BlackBerry, Who cares? If you want to continue using a BlackBerry, just buy them from another carrier. We don't need BIS support anymore with BB10.

Also, I cant say for sure, but wouldn't WIFI calling be an app provided by T-mob? Since I'm on AT&T I've never had it or needed it(best nationwide coverage and unlimited voice).
    This isn't just a US issue, TMO is one of the main carriers in Europe.

No, wifi calling isn't an app. It's a TMO specific feature of the handset. It's an important feature for many TMO business customers.
    03-08-14 04:51 PM
    So present the evidence where I was wrong then... can't be done.
    You're wrong because there is no press release.
    Notice that the tweet you rely on is a personal account.
    The official T-Mobile Twitter account never mentioned anything about WiFi calling being the issue.
    The only 2 folks in the entire forums that I can find claiming wifi calling works with 10.2.1... one of them misrepresented him self, and the other finally admitted he was talking about BBM calling.
    Why don't you take up your issues with them directly? Why are you asking other members about them?
    Should we take a poll from CrackBerry members about you?
    I think not. Anyone here can deal with you directly if we choose to. Personally I'm exhausted from doing so.
    If you're aware of others then point me to them... but don't try those only 2. I've scoured the forums... I've done my homework... and I can't find em.
    You already admitted you couldn't even find your so-called "official press release", later called a "tweet", now you claim you scoured the forums and did homework???????????????
    So... if ya wanna talk bias... either present legitimate facts or consider your own bias.
    Your bias shows as your admitted "theories" as you called them. I see no facts presented by you at all. Just your unfavorable opinions.

What is it that you want from the members here? You seem to have no positive goal in mind within your posts for BlackBerry and it's endeavors.
    Omnitech, Skyforever and zyben like this.
    03-08-14 05:08 PM
    There is a parent Telekom company, but the USA and European entities are totally separate.
    This thread is about the T-Mobile USA company, so try to stay on topic when replying to Homer1475, please?
    No one is talking about Europe here..........................................

Start a separate thread if you wish to.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/t-mobile-f357/
    03-08-14 05:14 PM
    There is a parent Telekom company, but the USA and European entities are totally separate.
    This thread is about the T-Mobile USA company, so try to stay on topic when replying to Homer1475, please?
    No one is talking about Europe here..........................................

Start a separate thread if you wish to.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/t-mobile-f357/
    Spare me the lecture , I'm pointing out that a TMO fallout may have global consequences.

On the wifi calling issue... This is seriously effecting blackberry customers, why haven't they commented on the issue? Sievert is the TMO cmo so his tweet is of significance. If he's taking bull why haven't blackberry responded? A response from Waterloo would kill all speculation. While theyre at it they can respond to all the poor buggers with double typing issues on the Q10.
    03-08-14 05:28 PM
    Spare me the lecture , I'm wrong! So what?
    Corrected that for ya..........
    On the wifi calling issue... This is seriously effecting blackberry customers, why haven't they commented on the issue?
    Asked and answered. Re-read this thread.
    An official press release from T-Mobile would kill all speculation.
    Corrected that for ya again......
    While theyre at it they can respond to all the poor buggers with double typing issues on the Q10.
    Again, what does that have to do with this thread? Nothing.
    Check out the Q10 forums if you want to address that.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-q10-f272/

There is always a diversion topic presented...................
    Omnitech and zyben like this.
    03-08-14 05:38 PM
    Corrected that for ya..........

Asked and answered. Re-read this thread.

Corrected that for ya again......

Again, what does that have to do with this thread? Nothing.
    Check out the Q10 forums if you want to address that.

There is always a diversion topic presented...................
    As always blackberry has zero responsibility in supporting blackberry customers. Always someone else's job apparently. Pathetic.
    xandermac likes this.
    03-08-14 05:44 PM
    As always blackberry has zero responsibility in supporting blackberry customers. Always someone else's job apparently. Pathetic.
    Yup, exactly. Amazing how the ostriches around here hold BlackBerry accountable for nothing anymore.

Kinda goes to why they're in the predicament they're in.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    03-08-14 05:48 PM
    Well, I guess when you see me post that, I guess it would be applicable.
    I don't think anyone is contesting that. But you continuously mention that everywhere I see. We know, We know! Yes, BlackBerry would need to fix that..........
    But, for now, this post makes no sense, and appears to be a bit of a whine.
    I got cheese for that!!!!
    454vette likes this.
    03-08-14 05:51 PM

This thread specifically pertains to T-Mobile USA.

No, wifi calling isn't an app. It's a TMO specific feature of the handset.

Yes it IS an app, and it is NOT a T-Mobile specific feature. It is a telecom standard.

IP Multimedia Subsystem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...mobile-820697/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...d-here-825827/

However in the USA, T-Mobile is probably the highest-profile carrier pushing this particular way of doing WiFi calling - in general this feature is mostly of interest for carriers which are at a disadvantage in geographical coverage compared to their competitors.

MetroPCS (in the process of being acquired by T-Mobile) also offers WiFi calling, via a system called joyn.
    MetroPCS launches Joyn, iMessage and Facetime rival - TechSpot
    http://www.metropcs.com/metro/suppor...+Wi-Fi+Calling

Sprint is now starting to offer WiFi calling, though I don't know which technology they use. (Most of these are some form of VoIP)
    Sprint launches WiFi calling, but only on two Samsung phones for now

T-Mobile used to use the UMA technology for this (And this was supported on older Blackberries), but they have changed over to a technology called IMS instead now.

Probably a key reason why this is slow to get implemented on BB10 is because it probably has to be built from scratch. The vendor for this technology that T-Mobile uses has frameworks for all sorts of smartphone platforms, but NOT BlackBerry 10:

MOVIAL - IP Communications Clients

And in fact, WiFi calling with BlackBerry 10.2.1 on T-Mobile has been working for over a month, someone who is beta-testing it has already demonstrated this (Post #23 in that thread):

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post9947089
    Last edited by Omnitech; 03-08-14 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Added add'l MetroPCS link
    03-08-14 05:52 PM
    Yup, exactly. Amazing how the ostriches around here hold BlackBerry accountable for nothing anymore.
    I hear that whine again....
    I don't think anyone is contesting that. But you continuously mention that everywhere I see. We know, We know! Yes, BlackBerry would need to fix that..........
    03-08-14 05:53 PM
    While theyre at it they can respond to all the poor buggers with double typing issues on the Q10.

While you're at it, why don't you rail at the plumber that came to your house to fix your toilet but it still leaks?

Just about as relevant here.

An outside observer might just wonder if you were a BOBU who needed to vent on a daily basis about the company for some unknown reason.

Maybe Google embeds some subliminal messages in Android that make people unconsciously desire to come to Crackberry and try to derail threads or something.
    MADBRADNYC, Skyforever and zyben like this.
    03-08-14 06:02 PM
    T-mobile is the only carrier who doesn't get reception in my office building, which is located downtown Boston. As for wifi calling, it was never reliable. So I could not use it. Plus the CEO is like a ****** bag bully who picks on the weak kid at school. I hope that weak kid grows strong and gives that CEO an atomic wedgie

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC, web99 and zyben like this.
    03-08-14 06:10 PM
    T-mobile is the only carrier who doesn't get reception in my office building, which is located downtown Boston. As for wifi calling, it was never reliable. So I could not use it. Plus the CEO is like a ****** bag bully who picks on the weak kid at school. I hope that weak kid grows strong and gives that CEO an atomic wedgie
    Totally hilarious!!!!
    I almost fell out of my chair!

Thanks for the moment of levity. Sometimes we need to be reminded that there *IS* life beyond smartphone discussion.

Bless You.
    03-08-14 06:17 PM
    While you're at it, why don't you rail at the plumber that came to your house to fix your toilet but it still leaks?

Just about as relevant here.

An outside observer might just wonder if you were a BOBU who needed to vent on a daily basis about the company for some unknown reason.

Maybe Google embeds some subliminal messages in Android that make people unconsciously desire to come to Crackberry and try to derail threads or something.
    The discussion, as interesting discussions do, had wandered to customer support, which is why the double type issue was relevant. Frankly, I'll call you out right now if you claim you've never posted off thread.
    You claimed elsewhere that Chen was a straight talker, apparently this doesn't extend to addressing customer issues, I guess that'll be derailing the thread though.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-08-14 06:17 PM
    same like in Holland. no operator sells the Blackberry Z30 but at least 15 companies selling the Z30 in the store or on the internet. The operator are just afraid to sell it because the afraid of stock ? but mostly they are afraind in will compete with other products like Nokia or Samsung because they have some kind of deal and it's not in there intrest to get blackberry Z30 in stock. I understand money change a lot.

so what i Thinking is that Blackberry must deal with some european operator to give them an exclusive in sale. So you choose for big local providers like KPN -Holland, promimus , france telecom, and so go on. It's more profitable for the operator and also easier to advertise with them.
    03-08-14 06:33 PM
    The discussion, as interesting discussions do, had wandered to customer support, which is why the double type issue was relevant.
    I see no evidence of this 'relevancy' you speak of.

Frankly, I'll call you out right now if you claim you've never posted off thread.
    Do tell.
    However the reason this is relevant is because it is directly related to the incessant griping and whining and complaining and naysaying in this thread, which really doesn't make much sense unless someone has some sort of axe to grind that they're not admitting when presenting so-called arguments. See: Non-Sequitur.

You claimed elsewhere that Chen was a straight talker, apparently this doesn't extend to addressing customer issues, I guess that'll be derailing the thread though.
    1. Your comment was off-topic
    2. Just because the CEO of this large multinational corporation does not address some specific issue, in some specific way that one puny individual thinks they should, does not automatically mean "CEO is not a straight talker and doesn't address customer issues". Sorry to disappoint.
    3. And by the way:
    03-08-14 06:36 PM
    So how will you get future updates if this particular carrier won't support the hand set?

My Z10 has a Flow
    I would imagine that if they cease providing updates that BlackBerry will bypass them on the testing phase and release directly. Of course that means those using wifi calling will be sol.

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    03-08-14 06:42 PM
    I see no evidence of this 'relevancy' you speak of.

Do tell.
    However the reason this is relevant is because it is directly related to the incessant griping and whining and complaining and naysaying in this thread, which really doesn't make much sense unless someone has some sort of axe to grind that they're not admitting when presenting so-called arguments. See: Non-Sequitur.

1. Your comment was off-topic
    2. Just because the CEO of this large multinational corporation does not address some specific issue, in some specific way that one puny individual thinks they should, does not automatically mean "CEO is not a straight talker and doesn't address customer issues". Sorry to disappoint.
    3. And by the way:
    As usual you are incapable of thinking beyond a literal statement. Chen could instigate a regime of quality customer service. Indeed this will have to happen when carriers no longer sell BlackBerry's.

Anyway I'm real tired of debating with sad pseudo intellectual bullies.

This was my last CB post

Ps don't bother replying I'm out of here.
    richardat, mikeo007, Etios and 2 others like this.
    03-08-14 06:45 PM
    I don't like Tmobile
    03-08-14 07:48 PM
    I almost went with a T-Mobile prepaid acct when I was shopping for a Q10 last year, but then I remembered that my sister has T-Mobile and she can't get a signal on her Android phone when she visits me on the east coast. So I went with Verizon for the coverage. Turns out it didn't make a bit of difference in getting updates anyway; 2*0 is still 0.

T-mobile is the only carrier who doesn't get reception in my office building, which is located downtown Boston.
    Posted via CB10

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    03-08-14 08:40 PM
    just stop even mentioning tmobile. They are getting some free press which they dont need. The best thing we can all do is just move on. For those blackberry customers on tmobile its become painfully obvious you wont be supported so move carriers asap. These guys care about one thing. Themselves. They could care less about customer service and they just said so by having this release about how they will support phones that they sold. Thats bad business and frankly they should be ashamed of themselves and the best way to handle them is to stop talking about them.period.
    03-08-14 11:20 PM
    Source?

This doesn't make sense with T-Mobile 's recent BES announcement, though maybe they plan on only iOS and Android support?

What's special about BB10 support do they need? The point with BB10 was that it just requires a regular smartphone plan.

If they stop pushing updates, people will just do it themselves. Maybe BlackBerry will take over the updates... no more waiting!

Losing Wi-Fi Calling means T-Mobile service will be no different than AT&T or Verizon, which means no waiting for that feature to be implemented. Install the latest leak.
    Of course t mobile would support BES10, they would be stupid not to. By supporting BES they'll be more likely to get enterprise customers. And since BES supports multiple devices, t-mobile doesn't really have to support BlackBerry phones, just BES itself.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:32 PM
    A guy on CrackBerry said he spoke to a T-Mobile rep, so it MUST be true right?
    grover5 and MADBRADNYC like this.
    03-09-14 03:30 PM
    Sorry to here of this for those who are affected. Something you never hear about is what Blackberry's plans are for North America. This is one of the markets that very pro iPhone. Even with the current $0.00 for 2 years here in Canada probably won't bring much. Mr. Chen hasn't stated where he sees Blackberry in the North American market, has he?

I understand Blackberry is pushing hard in the Asian markets and it seems to be working. I hope the next big pushing for North America and Europe.
    03-09-14 03:33 PM
    A guy on CrackBerry said he spoke to a T-Mobile rep, so it MUST be true right?
    I know. I'm shocked he hasn't returned with more official information for us.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 04:04 PM
112 12345