It's only a matter of time. Why do you think Legure and T-Mobile want nothing to do with BlackBerry and they did that offer. Eventually support will end and end users with T-Mobile will need to know how to install leaks. Thing is most people don't know how to do that or are willing. Writing is on the wall.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    What you say sounds logical. It sounds like that may just happen; however, it sounds like that may happen after 10.2 update. Just from other reports on these forums, which people posted of Tmobile's twitter response to the 10.2 update coming soon.
    03-08-14 09:53 AM
    So, the OP has no source and never returned to the thread. Where have I seen that happen before.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 09:59 AM
    But, but, butttt.... they promised they loved BlackBerry users!!!!

I'm so shocked!

You mean Loudmouth Legere is not my BlackBerry Daddy??

How could this be?

Next thing you know, you'll tell me they're trying to push BlackBerry users into iph... oh, wait...
    03-08-14 10:25 AM
    So, the OP has no source and never returned to the thread. Where have I seen that happen before.

I think you need to wait a LOT longer than 10.5 hours before you start jumping to that sort of conclusion.

Let's see.
    03-08-14 10:26 AM
    Official means publically available knowledge
    If this is something a rep told you, often times they are biased and incorrect
    However, I do think that in the current state of the USA carriers, BB should just release the OS directly to consumers. I mean they can't be in a worse situation anyways, so why not?
    03-08-14 11:11 AM
    To be fair to the carriers, Blackberry wasn't very motivated to sell its devices to consumers either. If it were serious about regaining the consumer market, Blackberry's advertising and pricing certainly didn't show it.

Blackberry's shortcomings were >90% Blackberry and less to do with the carriers. Despite what is said on these boards, salespeople can't pitch and sell any device they want.
    Exactly right... very frustrating all around... but the MAJORITY of the problem lies with BlackBerry's failures.
    03-08-14 11:19 AM
    Last I heard TMO said the bug was with BBRY, this has never been denied (which it would have been if false).
    It works on older builds, not the latest one that people want.
    Exactly... it is BlackBerry's problem to fix... and at least so far (while there is limited evidence of some beta testing... without any reports on the actual results) BlackBerry has NOT fixed the problem.

It is BlackBerry that is burning Tmobile... not the other way around.
    03-08-14 11:22 AM
    But IIRC, T-Mobile never specifically stated that it was the WiFi calling portion of the OS that BlackBerry needed to fix.
    It could be one or more of the many other issues aside from WiFi calling that have been reported here with OS 10.2.1.
    Yes they DID state this in official TMobile press release (the press release even stated they are waiting on BlackBerry to fix it). I'd have to go find the link... but it's been widely reported. It has also been confirmed by several in direct calls with TMo BlackBerry support.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-08-14 11:25 AM
    This IMO would be a MISTAKE by any carrier to make this move. Just think about it for a moment, none of them have the power to predict the future, meaning that todays tech world is highly volatile & dynamic. There is no reason to believe that BlackBerry won't completely recover and bounce back up into the stars once again, and also, no one can predict how fast or hard todays leading companies will fall, or if they can maintain the current pace they are on. For all we know those tech giants could self implode just as fast as they exploded on to the market. Remember, people control the market, and they are apt to change their love/hate relationships with any company at anytime. If the carriers drop BlackBerry and the company does somehow make it back up to the top one day, (which is possible under the leadership of Mr. Chen), they would essentially be shooting themselves in the foot, because that would put BlackBerry in full control over the carriers as they would of course want BlackBerry back along with the mass consumer support.
    Omnitech and zyben like this.
    03-08-14 11:41 AM
    Yes they DID state this in official TMobile press release (the press release even stated they are waiting on BlackBerry to fix it). I'd have to go find the link... but it's been widely reported. It has also been confirmed by several in direct calls with TMo BlackBerry support.
    I have not seen any official press release from T-Mobile regarding your claim.
    But, I will do some of the work for you........................
    I have only seen a tweet from Mike Sievert claiming this, and another from T-Mobile Help that does not mention any specific reason at all.
    T-Mobile expected to roll out BlackBerry 10.2.1 in March, cites WiFi calling integration as the reason for delay | CrackBerry.com
    Lillyfoxblogs.com �€� T-Mobile tells LillyFoxBlogs.com That 10.2.1...

Given the atmosphere & Twitter wars going on, I can only say for myself that the tweet from Mike looks like a stab at BlackBerry being Legere's right hand man and all.
    Especially when there are reports of a 10.2.1 OS that is currently being tested in which WiFi calling is working without issue.

If you consider a statement on Twitter an official press release, regardless where it comes from, or the tensions between the two companies, that is your prerogative.
    If you can find that official press release you mention, please post a link here.
    That would help a lot. I do not want to post misinformation.
    Omnitech and anontoday like this.
    03-08-14 12:54 PM
    What BlackBerry needs to do is to provide software updates OTA directly or thru their Website for all BlackBerry users no matter what country.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 01:06 PM
    What BlackBerry needs to do is to provide software updates OTA directly or thru their Website for all BlackBerry users no matter what country.
    I wish for this and agree with you.
    However, carriers wouldn't like that too much without the ability to install their own bloatware.
    03-08-14 01:08 PM
    I have been on T Mobile for many years and it wouldn't surprise me to see them drop support for the BlackBerry brand. It seems like it is was bound to happen based on what I have seen the last couple of months.

I am glad I bought a unlocked Canadian z30 100-5 so I will continue to get updates. You can blame the carriers, until BlackBerry can show they can release new products that interest the consumer and provide long term support, it's not going to improve any time soon here in the USA.

I still sticking with my z30 and I am not changing providers because T Mobile is still the best bang for the buck. I only hope BlackBerry will support the T Mobile users though direct OTA updates. Only time will tell.

Posted from my BlackBerry z30 on T Mobile USA
    03-08-14 01:27 PM
    I have not seen any official press release from T-Mobile regarding your claim.
    But, I will do some of the work for you........................
    I have only seen a tweet from Mike Sievert claiming this, and another from T-Mobile Help that does not mention any specific reason at all.
    T-Mobile expected to roll out BlackBerry 10.2.1 in March, cites WiFi calling integration as the reason for delay | CrackBerry.com
    Lillyfoxblogs.com �€� T-Mobile tells LillyFoxBlogs.com That 10.2.1...

Given the atmosphere & Twitter wars going on, I can only say for myself that the tweet from Mike looks like a stab at BlackBerry being Legere's right hand man and all.
    Especially when there are reports of a 10.2.1 OS that is currently being tested in which WiFi calling is working without issue.

If you consider a statement on Twitter an official press release, regardless where it comes from, or the tensions between the two companies, that is your prerogative.
    If you can find that official press release you mention, please post a link here.
    That would help a lot. I do not want to post misinformation.
    I stand corrected on one point... it was the tweet for which you've provided the link... and not a press release to which I was referring. Thanks for providing the link.

That said, unless someone is going to imply that a senior Tmo exec would outright lie in a tweet (and I know there are some ostriches on here who probably think that), I for one, will take the tweet as fact. And it doesn't take "reading between the lines" to understand that Tmo is saying that wifi calling on 10.2.1 does not stand up to their expectations. It is also clear that Tmo is saying that BlackBerry is working on a fix to make it right.

Firstly, if this is all a lie... then why wouldn't Chen (in his new attack dog role) fight back and point out the inaccuracy. The reason (in my opinion) is that the tweet is true.

Now... the fact that there is some carrier testing of wifi calling in 10.2.1 doesn't change my theory in any way. Rather it could very well mean the testing is turning up the issues that are preventing them from releasing it until resolved.

Remember this -> Tmo was the only US carrier to promptly push 10.1. They have no incentive to delay OS updates... and their track record (at least with BB devices) gives no indication they would do so now. They have stated there are issues with wifi calling. Wifi calling is VERY important to their customer base. And they're not going to release it until it is reliable.

As to the "evidence" of some on these forums that wifi calling does work on 10.2.1... can you point me to anyone other than user "Wayne..." who is making this case? If so, I'd really like to see the evidence. As to "Wayne..." sorry, but I will refuse to accept evidence from that corner... as this user initially tried to cover up the fact that he was part of a beta user group. He tried leading us all to believe that wifi calling was just working for him on a leak... which turned out to be false. So, no I will not accept evidence from someone who purposely conceals critical facts.

The fact that 10.2.1 is in testing proves nothing yet... not until the data is presented. For example, has it been tested with most current wifi routers, mobile hotspots... has it been tested around the world where many Tmo customers travel and rely on it?

All of the evidence points to the fact that it is not yet up to par... and it is BlackBerry's responsibility to fix it.

If this is incorrect... then Mr. Chen... step up to the plate and correct the record.
    03-08-14 01:37 PM
    Tmo sucks and their ceo is an a**

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 01:52 PM
    Tmo sucks and their ceo is an a**

Posted via CB10
    How long have you been with Tmo?
    How long have you been with BlackBerry?

For me... 12 years with each.

For the first 8, I would give the nod to BlackBerry. But for the last 4 years I can trust Tmobile far more than BlackBerry.
    xandermac likes this.
    03-08-14 01:59 PM
    I wish for this and agree with you.
    However, carriers wouldn't like that too much without the ability to install their own bloatware.
    The iphone has bloatware doesn't it?
    You just download it yourself like sprint football and stuff.

Posted via CB10
    jake simmons3 likes this.
    03-08-14 02:15 PM
    Buy your phones directly from BlackBerry. Hopefully the updates will be OTA from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 02:55 PM
    Can someone please tell me why we should believe the OP when TMO is on record stating that 10.2.1 will be released shortly (I think they said March)?
    03-08-14 02:57 PM
    I stand corrected on one point... it was the tweet for which you've provided the link... and not a press release to which I was referring. Thanks for providing the link.
    Fair enough. Thanks!
    That said, unless someone is going to imply that a senior Tmo exec would outright lie in a tweet (and I know there are some ostriches on here who probably think that), I for one, will take the tweet as fact.
    I am saying again that...
    Did you take Legere's previous Twitter swipes at BlackBerry as fact as well? After all, he's the head of the company, correct?
    Firstly, if this is all a lie... then why wouldn't Chen (in his new attack dog role) fight back and point out the inaccuracy.
    Because Chen is no longer engaging with T-Mobile in that manner. Didn't you also see all of the threads here admonishing him for that? Anyway, Chen needs to work on the bigger picture of his role with BlackBerry and making the company strong. I didn't even like that he responded to the 94% "leak".
    Now... the fact that there is some carrier testing of wifi calling in 10.2.1 doesn't change my theory in any way. Rather it could very well mean the testing is turning up the issues that are preventing them from releasing it until resolved.
    It's your theory. Your theory is not a fact. Again, You're relying on that tweet when people are showing that they have a working WiFi calling version. There should be an official press release about the delays. Don't you think? I do. With that, there is no room for guessing. We will all know for sure.
    Remember this -> Tmo was the only US carrier to promptly push 10.1. They have no incentive to delay OS updates...
    That may no longer be the case.... There are plenty of threads here about them dropping support for BlackBerry. Even within this thread that sentiment is mentioned. That does not mean that is correct or will happen, but it also doesn't mean you are either! Your words have no more consideration than mine or anyone else here.
    As to the "evidence" of some on these forums that wifi calling does work on 10.2.1... can you point me to anyone other than user "Wayne..." who is making this case? If so, I'd really like to see the evidence.
    Why do I have to do that for you? Search for yourself. Just because he is the only one that has publicly stated it, does not mean it is not true. The same if I cannot state any other users.... If you have ever been involved in a beta program, you should know that it should not be discussed with the public. Maybe Wayne is the only one that does not care. Have you ever thought of it that way? I'm not here to defend Wayne at all, but just think if you made some kind of claim, and people accused you of lying, how would you feel? I can say one thing, when the report came in about the email from T-Mobile offering BlackBerry users a great deal on iPhones, I didn't believe it either because I didn't get the email, but I didn't accuse the poster of anything. Come to find out later on I was proven wrong! You could be just as wrong!
    The fact that 10.2.1 is in testing proves nothing yet... not until the data is presented. For example, has it been tested with most current wifi routers, mobile hotspots... has it been tested around the world where many Tmo customers travel and rely on it?
    I don't know because I'm not part of the beta and not traveling around the world testing it. How about you? You cannot say anything about what has been tested or not. That is speculation.
    All of the evidence points to the fact that it is not yet up to par... and it is BlackBerry's responsibility to fix it.
    I don't think anyone is contesting that. But you continuously mention that everywhere I see. We know, We know! But, that does not mean it is because of WiFi calling at this point. Could it be possible that WiFi calling is working just fine now, but they have found other flaws in the OS? Yes, BlackBerry would need to fix that, but you are so sure it is because of WiFi calling like you are in their testing labs! Maybe WiFi calling has been fixed a while ago. How do you know anything different beside stating you gut feelings on the matter.
    If this is incorrect... then Mr. Chen... step up to the plate and correct the record.
    Why? Because you said so? Chen "needs" to do nothing besides get BlackBerry as a company back on track. Even if he did everything correct, that still does not mean he will have a friend in Legere. That's just something that YOU would like to see, not necessarily what will happen.
    Omnitech, raino, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    03-08-14 03:06 PM
    The iphone has bloatware doesn't it?
    You just download it yourself like sprint football and stuff.
    I don't use any apple products whatsoever. No Macs, no iTunes, or whatever you can think of.....
    So I can't say why there is or isn't bloatware. You're asking the wrong person.
    But, what I can say is that Apple does NOT have the same OS update agreements with carriers that BlackBerry does.
    Any BlackBerry OS is subject to carrier approval and their bloatware using their SIM and service.
    Apple updates are not subject to this, so maybe that is why you see what you see or state what you state.......................

If you know, maybe you should educate the rest of us that don't. I would appreciate it.
    I like learning.
    03-08-14 03:15 PM
    i saw this thread title and decided to read it...only to realise that the OFFICIAL in the thread only meant that the OP heard it from a telephone conversation with an official of TMo? seriously!! Mods isnt it time to change the title or tag it with a 'rumour' tag? * walks away singing: "I heard it through the grape vine.....
    93Aero, bungaboy and web99 like this.
    03-08-14 03:16 PM

That said, unless someone is going to imply that a senior Tmo exec would outright lie in a tweet (and I know there are some ostriches on here who probably think that), I for one, will take the tweet as fact. And it doesn't take "reading between the lines" to understand that Tmo is saying that wifi calling on 10.2.1 does not stand up to their expectations. It is also clear that Tmo is saying that BlackBerry is working on a fix to make it right.

Firstly, if this is all a lie... then why wouldn't Chen (in his new attack dog role) fight back and point out the inaccuracy. The reason (in my opinion) is that the tweet is true.

Remember this -> Tmo was the only US carrier to promptly push 10.1. They have no incentive to delay OS updates... and their track record (at least with BB devices) gives no indication they would do so now. They have stated there are issues with wifi calling. Wifi calling is VERY important to their customer base. And they're not going to release it until it is reliable.

As to the "evidence" of some on these forums that wifi calling does work on 10.2.1... can you point me to anyone other than user "Wayne..." who is making this case? If so, I'd really like to see the evidence. As to "Wayne..." sorry, but I will refuse to accept evidence from that corner... as this user initially tried to cover up the fact that he was part of a beta user group. He tried leading us all to believe that wifi calling was just working for him on a leak... which turned out to be false. So, no I will not accept evidence from someone who purposely conceals critical facts.

tl;dr

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

You were wrong, full stop. Stop blathering on for days trying to rationalize it.

One of the things I really like about BlackBerry is that they are straight shooters, by-and-large. And Chen may be the straightest of the straight-shooting RIM/BlackBerry CEOs.

Legere on the other hand - comes across to me as insincere and smarmy.

Ergo, I don't really take a lot of his noise at face-value. He's a propagandist.
    bungaboy, MADBRADNYC and zyben like this.
    03-08-14 03:24 PM
    tl;dr

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

You were wrong, full stop. Stop blathering on for days trying to rationalize it.

One of the things I really like about BlackBerry is that they are straight shooters, by-and-large. And Chen may be the straightest of the straight-shooting RIM/BlackBerry CEOs.

Legere on the other hand - comes across to me as insincere and smarmy.

Ergo, I don't really take a lot of his noise at face-value. He's a propagandist.
    So present the evidence where I was wrong then... can't be done.

The only 2 folks in the entire forums that I can find claiming wifi calling works with 10.2.1... one of them misrepresented him self, and the other finally admitted he was talking about BBM calling.

If you're aware of others then point me to them... but don't try those only 2. I've scoured the forums... I've done my homework... and I can't find em.

So... if ya wanna talk bias... either present legitimate facts or consider your own bias.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    03-08-14 04:35 PM
    So the smallest US carrier(approximately 33 mill customers, as opposed to ATT or big red with over 100 mill), and the carrier with the worst nationwide coverage, is dropping support for BlackBerry, Who cares? If you want to continue using a BlackBerry, just buy them from another carrier. We don't need BIS support anymore with BB10.

Also, I cant say for sure, but wouldn't WIFI calling be an app provided by T-mob? Since I'm on AT&T I've never had it or needed it(best nationwide coverage and unlimited voice).
    03-08-14 04:41 PM
112 1234 ...