Spent about half hour getting the scoop. T-Mobile will continue to trouble shoot phones, but won't provide updates. Eventually (next 1-2 months) they'll officially drop BlackBerry. If you're in warranty, they'll help or replace your phone. If not, do it yourself.

They may or may not officially release 10.2.1, it all depends on customer demand and more importantly if it makes T-Mobile money. So don't hold your breath.

For the next few years at least , BlackBerry users can still buy phones third party and use T-Mobile service. They support os7 very well, but not so much os10.

My opinion? This will happen across the board with ALL US carriers. We're ok for the next few years though.

Thoughts? Questions? Shoot!
    03-07-14 11:31 PM
    Store rep or phone rep?
    03-07-14 11:34 PM
    Doesn't surprise me in the least, seeing what they did with the online order thingy and the recent trade-in

What I don't understand then, is why they put the devices up on the consumer site again. Wouldn't that just be contradicting this?

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    03-07-14 11:40 PM
    Sounds about right.

Considering Verizon was the only carrier to pick up the Z30 (ALL others declined), the writing is on the wall.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 11:54 PM
    Quite possible. Regardless of carrier, BlackBerry is taking a big hit.
    But these carriers are so fickle that I can't put full faith in any "reports" until I see a press release.
    03-08-14 12:00 AM
    So how will you get future updates if this particular carrier won't support the hand set?

My Z10 has a Flow
    03-08-14 12:05 AM
    So long as I get my 10.2.1 update with wifi calling I don?t care. If not then all BlackBerry customers should tell tmobile to go to hell. I'll take my 2 lines some where else.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-08-14 12:08 AM
    There are other options so I'm not too worried.

? CB10 ?
    03-08-14 12:12 AM
    So how will you get future updates if this particular carrier won't support the hand set?

My Z10 has a Flow
    it is just to polite world to say....

we are not supporting BlackBerry anymore the numbers is quite low , if you want to use our services you could pick other phone others than Blackberry...if you still want to use BlackBerry, you could find BB phone your self and do it with your own risk...or pick another carrier, we are simply not interested with Blackberry

i think there will be lot of carrier not just in the US will do the samething
    03-08-14 12:17 AM
    I am wary of any news coming from T-Mobile these days. Especially if it is from a store or a call centre representive.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    anontoday likes this.
    03-08-14 12:40 AM
    I think some of you need to take off the blinders. I'm a huge BlackBerry fan boy but I'm not that blind to see Tmo wants nothing to do with BlackBerry. Look at the ads and the twitter posts by their CEO. It's pretty clear they are dropping BlackBerry very soon. Just trying to keep as many customers as they can by switching them off BlackBerry and then dumping support. That way they don't seem like huge jack holes.

BlackBerry is very correct in focusing on the enterprise as I believe this will be a huge trend. Carriers aren't interested in selling BlackBerry so BlackBerry won't make it in the consumer world. Wake up. BlackBerry won't be going anywhere for at least 5 years. But it won't be very big in the consumer marker. At least not in the USA anyways.

Posted via CB10
    milo53, Etios and JeepBB like this.
    03-08-14 12:51 AM
    Carriers aren't interested in selling BlackBerry so BlackBerry won't make it in the consumer world.
    To be fair to the carriers, Blackberry wasn't very motivated to sell its devices to consumers either. If it were serious about regaining the consumer market, Blackberry's advertising and pricing certainly didn't show it.

Blackberry's shortcomings were >90% Blackberry and less to do with the carriers. Despite what is said on these boards, salespeople can't pitch and sell any device they want.
    bbq10l, Etios, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    03-08-14 01:10 AM
    Source?

This doesn't make sense with T-Mobile 's recent BES announcement, though maybe they plan on only iOS and Android support?

What's special about BB10 support do they need? The point with BB10 was that it just requires a regular smartphone plan.

If they stop pushing updates, people will just do it themselves. Maybe BlackBerry will take over the updates... no more waiting!

Losing Wi-Fi Calling means T-Mobile service will be no different than AT&T or Verizon, which means no waiting for that feature to be implemented. Install the latest leak.
    gcopter and rifka_f like this.
    03-08-14 01:26 AM
    Where's the source? Proof of this would be awesome. If no more support then why tell customers they'll release the update early March?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 01:50 AM
    Too many conflicting reports of us getting 10.2, then not getting it. We will have to wait and see.
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    03-08-14 02:12 AM
    speculations needing spectacles?....who knows
    03-08-14 02:14 AM
    Are you T-Mobile's official spokesperson, OP? No? Well, then what's with the title of this thread? We're all supposed to believe you because you put the word "official" in it, in all caps? That doesn't mean anything to me.

Until T-Mobile says somewhere, i.e. on their website or in the press, that they are no longer supporting BlackBerry, I'm not drawing any conclusions. I've heard too many conflicting reports and accounts in the past, and I know better than to put any stock in secondhand reports or "scoops".
    03-08-14 02:21 AM
    Source?

This doesn't make sense with T-Mobile 's recent BES announcement, though maybe they plan on only iOS and Android support?

What's special about BB10 support do they need? The point with BB10 was that it just requires a regular smartphone plan.

If they stop pushing updates, people will just do it themselves. Maybe BlackBerry will take over the updates... no more waiting!

Losing Wi-Fi Calling means T-Mobile service will be no different than AT&T or Verizon, which means no waiting for that feature to be implemented. Install the latest leak.
    -carriers may not allow bbry to do their own updates. They don't want untested updates wrecking their network.
    -wifi calling is a key feature for many businesses /end users. You seem happy for them to lose it.
    Have bbry fixed it yet btw?
    -the average end user will never load a leak. If you do you are on your own, zero support.
    03-08-14 03:01 AM
    -carriers may not allow bbry to do their own updates. They don't want untested updates wrecking their network.
    -wifi calling is a key feature for many businesses /end users. You seem happy for them to lose it.
    Have bbry fixed it yet btw?
    -the average end user will never load a leak. If you do you are on your own, zero support.
    How do we even know it's BlackBerry that's the problem with wifi calling? Some people have it working on older builds. Some brought over different model and it works. Sounds to me like Tmo just being stubborn on something. Or maybe they do have a build that does work but refuses to update to it? There's no telling. But I think we all can agree Tmo is not willing to sell BlackBerry anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 05:26 AM
    How do we even know it's BlackBerry that's the problem with wifi calling? Some people have it working on older builds. Some brought over different model and it works. Sounds to me like Tmo just being stubborn on something. Or maybe they do have a build that does work but refuses to update to it? There's no telling. But I think we all can agree Tmo is not willing to sell BlackBerry anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Last I heard TMO said the bug was with BBRY, this has never been denied (which it would have been if false).
    It works on older builds, not the latest one that people want.
    h20work likes this.
    03-08-14 06:13 AM
    Well this sounds very incouraging for BlackBerry hopefuls,until I read it from a reliable media source, I will support BlackBerry 110%...the current device I'm using is the Z30,and it's an awesome smartphone not to many bells a whistles imbedded into the OS PERIOD.

Posted via CB10
    lymmuh likes this.
    03-08-14 06:35 AM
    This certainly would be a scoop if you were to get the "OFFICIAL" word, before it was announced (which generally makes it OFFICIAL). Based on recent events, it's no stretch to conclude that TMO may drop BlackBerry support. On the other hand, based on recent events and statements, and advances by BlackBerry, it's no stretch to conclude that they won't. Basically what we have here is rumor that, if it were to come to fruition, would allow the claimant to declare "I told you so!". And if it doesn't, no one will even remember the claim. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
    anon(7984954) likes this.
    03-08-14 07:47 AM
    Last I heard TMO said the bug was with BBRY, this has never been denied (which it would have been if false).
    It works on older builds, not the latest one that people want.
    But IIRC, T-Mobile never specifically stated that it was the WiFi calling portion of the OS that BlackBerry needed to fix.
    It could be one or more of the many other issues aside from WiFi calling that have been reported here with OS 10.2.1.
    03-08-14 08:36 AM
    It's only a matter of time. Why do you think Legure and T-Mobile want nothing to do with BlackBerry and they did that offer. Eventually support will end and end users with T-Mobile will need to know how to install leaks. Thing is most people don't know how to do that or are willing. Writing is on the wall.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    03-08-14 09:10 AM
    I can see it going further with sprint dropping them soon. Verizon I think will be the final hold out because they are pretty good at supporting other platforms and diversifying their lineup.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 09:51 AM
112 123 ...