If the rumors about Android on the BlackBerry Venice are true, I think BlackBerry is missing a key opportunity here. A lot of Samsung owners are holding out on upgrading because of the omission of a removable battery and SD card in their newest phones. Had BlackBerry decided on a high-end, Android all touch device with these features, I think they could have gained quite a few customers. I don't think the general public is all that interested in a slider as just about everyone has made the move to virtual keyboards, and I have a feeling that it won't feature a removable battery or SD card.

The renders look like a cross between the Edge and HTC One, which would have proven pretty attractive to the average consumer if not for the slide out keyboard.
    08-20-15 02:48 PM
    Bb slider has micro SD card. Where did you hear that it doesn't?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-20-15 02:53 PM
    And where did you hear about your Micro SD rumours?

Bb slider has micro SD card. Where did you hear that it doesn't?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-20-15 03:11 PM
    I was under the impression Android was doing away with SD support because of the issues they keep running into and was pulling an Apple. I figured it was every, eventually.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 03:24 PM
    Yeah the S6 has no memory slot, bad move Samsung!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-20-15 03:26 PM
    A bazillion Apple users have been willing to bend over on these 2 features, I'm sure Droid people will too.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 03:31 PM
    My thoughts are --- we all know a sealed in battery is a way to gain thinness on a phone (something Apple kind of pioneered I guess). With a slider it is essentially a two layer device by necessity. Regardless of how much folks say they'll take a thicker phone for better battery life, there is a showroom appeal to the thin devices, perhaps mainly because we've come to associate the thin aspect with premium devices.

My assumption would be to keep it thinner is why they'd seal in the battery. The review blogs would tear apart something that's thick and clunky looking as well. Kind of think of the negative stuff that gets said about the Passport's weight and width -- for example.
    shaleem and clickitykeys like this.
    08-20-15 03:33 PM
    A bazillion Apple users have been willing to bend over on these 2 features, I'm sure Droid people will too.

Posted via CB10
    Apple users never had these features. No iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch even came with removable battery, SD card or USB port.
    Apple originally attrack those users for different reasons.. the cool effect comming with the introduction of Touch screen operating system combine with accelerometer. Then the iTunes store and Apps selection make them attrack those bazillion of users and turn Apple has the industry references.

Posted via CB10
    waheedm likes this.
    08-20-15 03:47 PM
    BlackBerry + Android = will never make sense to me!

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-20-15 04:59 PM
    I think in terms of viral marketing, the Android Slider is the best decision BlackBerry has made in a long time.

I have been reading through many tech blogs lately, following their twitter feeds and other content. I have never seen such a positive attention around a BlackBerry phone in a long long time!

It's not just another Android brick, it's something that has never been on the market. It screams for attention and in a good way. It has not only sparked interest with blogs, but also with users. There were many positive comments on the Venice from users, not the regular BlackBerry bashing.

And if they additionally release a BB10 version, everybody can be a happy camper.

I'm really looking forward to this device.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 05:48 PM
    If you want gain traction in the Android market people, you must have the phone with the best specs.

Sorry but BlackBerry is already out of this game.

Posted via CB10
    cribble2k likes this.
    08-20-15 06:00 PM
    Samsung users disappointed with recent Galaxy and Note 5 will likely buy LG. G4 has replaceable battery and an SD slot that can accommodate up to 1TB SD card.
    08-20-15 06:48 PM
    Apple users never had these features. No iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch even came with removable battery, SD card or USB port.
    Apple originally attrack those users for different reasons.. the cool effect comming with the introduction of Touch screen operating system combine with accelerometer. Then the iTunes store and Apps selection make them attrack those bazillion of users and turn Apple has the industry references.

Posted via CB10
    Very true. I just meant that Apple denying these things to its users hasn't kept people from embracing iOS. But I do wonder how many users see different featires like SD slots, USB ports, and removable batteries as dealbreaker. Personally I can live with a fixed battery if it's decent, but the other 2 are absolute musts.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 10:12 PM
    Samsung users disappointed with recent Galaxy and Note 5 will likely buy LG. G4 has replaceable battery and an SD slot that can accommodate up to 1TB SD card.
    That's exactly what I plan to do.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    08-20-15 11:39 PM
    Yep.

Folks forget that one huge advantage of the Android-multiple OEM system is choice.

Samsung falls off (not likely)? Someone else will step up.

There will almost always be options.

In any case, sd cards and removable batteries are clearly not the deciders they once were.
    08-21-15 12:03 AM
    That's exactly what I plan to do.
    If I was gonna go Android, I'd do the same. Exercise your rights as a buyer not to purchase... :-)

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    08-21-15 03:04 AM
    I was under the impression Android was doing away with SD support because of the issues they keep running into and was pulling an Apple. I figured it was every, eventually.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't know of any Android issues but I know hardware manufactures make more profit selling you built in optional memory like Apple. The profits are very high.
    08-21-15 07:03 AM