Why, then did the mighty HP, after spending billions buying Palm and launching a tablet give it up so quickly and why doesn't Blackberry have a tablet that their enterprise customers will buy? Chen could have Foxconn whip one up for them too.
    I'm sure they will. They need one in the ecosystem.
    12-23-13 09:11 AM
    snip...I mean, while Apple indeed designs everything on their own, at the end of the day a hardware is a hardware is a hardware. These days, hardware is standardized so much, it doesn't really matter anymore.
    Apparently Blackberry does.
    12-23-13 01:32 PM
    And in the end, the software is from BlackBerry.

I mean, while Apple indeed designs everything on their own, at the end of the day a hardware is a hardware is a hardware. These days, hardware is standardized so much, it doesn't really matter anymore.

In actuality, how many people ever thought "dang, I wonder how the inside of my phone looks?", actually pry them open and preach about it? Not that many. Mostly,people see the outer casing, weighs it on their hands, try out the UI, and there you have it.

It's not like Foxconn will use non-standard hardware such as FireWire, that thing is just asking for flamethrower

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    But they also look at what they can do with it. It is pretty clear that by designing the 5S with a 64 bit processor and adding free Office apps for whole ecosystem, including the online iCloud version, that Apple is moving to integrate from desktop to phone. Those aren't commodity hardware decisions.
    12-23-13 02:58 PM
    But they also look at what they can do with it. It is pretty clear that by designing the 5S with a 64 bit processor and adding free Office apps for whole ecosystem, including the online iCloud version, that Apple is moving to integrate from desktop to phone. Those aren't commodity hardware decisions.
    Do you think iOS will be what Microsoft is doing with windows 8? Meaning running macOS apps on ipad or iPhone.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 03:21 PM
    Do you think iOS will be what Microsoft is doing with windows 8? Meaning running macOS apps on ipad or iPhone.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    Yes, at least that is what I have been reading as people respond to the move to 64 bit and it makes sense to me. Already, with iOS7 and Mavericks, I can edit Keynote, Pages and Numbers documents on iCloud and the changes reflect on all of my devices. It isn't completely up to editing it in OSX but getting there. If I edit in OSX and move to iCloud it updates on my phone and iPad but there is the the extra moving step. I suspect they are working to make that more seamless.
    12-23-13 03:42 PM
    Yes, at least that is what I have been reading as people respond to the move to 64 bit and it makes sense to me. Already, with iOS7 and Mavericks, I can edit Keynote, Pages and Numbers documents on iCloud and the changes reflect on all of my devices. It isn't completely up to editing it in OSX but getting there. If I edit in OSX and move to iCloud it updates on my phone and iPad but there is the the extra moving step. I suspect they are working to make that more seamless.
    It's a great way forward. For sure.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 03:56 PM
    Just came back to this thread to point out that the premise and prediction was completely wrong, as I predicted at the time.
    01-31-14 03:08 AM
    There certainly wasn't any "evidence" to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:12 AM
    There certainly wasn't any "evidence" to begin with.

Everyone's an expert on the Internet.

That reminds me, I need to go back to another thread I've been neglecting, to point out I was correct there as well, against fierce opposition from more Internet Experts.
    01-31-14 03:15 AM
    Just came back to this thread to point out that the premise and prediction was completely wrong, as I predicted at the time.

Must be great to be right.

Now that BB have partnered with Foxconn to produce a cheap device for emerging markets, and BB have announced the range of BB10 handsets they're building that will refresh the aging range... Oh, wait...

JBB
    01-31-14 04:10 AM
    Must be great to be right.

From the looks of that comment, it seems you must rarely experience that feeling.
    01-31-14 04:19 AM
    From the looks of that comment, it seems you must rarely experience that feeling.

Sadly, I'm subject to human failings... Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong.

Did you have a point to make, or was it just a cheap shot?

About that new BB10 hardware refresh, and the associated marketing... Good news eh?

JBB
    01-31-14 04:28 AM
    Sadly, I'm subject to human failings... Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong.

Did you have a point to make, or was it just a cheap shot?

No cheap shot, my sad face was in sympathy with your predicament. Here's another one:

Speaking of points, please decode the last sentence of your first comment.
    01-31-14 04:34 AM
363 ... 131415