I don't have a problem with predictions when there is a emphasis on maybe. These predictions always seem to have 100% certainty.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    There was never a reason for anyone to feel BlackBerry was abandoning hardware.

BlackBerry is a fully integrated solution and will remain as such.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 03:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't that bore you, to say the same 3 sentences, every single time you post something?

Apart from that, there were good reasons to assume that BlackBerry could possibly quit the handset business.
    It was and is the department of the enterprise that realises the most losses.
    Normally, after a certain time, if an enterprise isn't able to cross-subsidize different product categories, "for a greater goal", they will quit to make money losing products/services.

So yes, it's pretty wrong to say that there was never a reason to doubt BlackBerry's future as a handset maker.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, propeller10 and bbq10l like this.
    12-20-13 03:43 PM
    Doesn't that bore you, to say the same 3 sentences, every single time you post something?

Apart from that, there were good reasons to assume that BlackBerry could possibly quit the handset business.
    It was and is the department of the enterprise that realises the most losses.
    Normally, after a certain time, if an enterprise isn't able to cross-subsidize different product categories, "for a greater goal", they will quit to make money losing products/services.

So yes, it's pretty wrong to say that there was never a reason to doubt BlackBerry's future as a handset maker.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is a fully integrated solution. Anyone with a decent head on their shoulders would be aware of the fact that BlackBerry would never abandon hardware. It is what it is

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 03:45 PM
    How will Blackberry be a fully integrated solution when Foxconn will be designing the phones, sourcing the parts, doing the manufacturing, and handling the inventory.

Apple is a fully integrated solution. They design the processors, the factory machines that make the hardware, handle all of the logistics, even sell you the phone at the retail level.
    12-20-13 03:54 PM
    So what about those of us not in Indonesia?

Once again, the absence of clarity brings more questions than answers.
    12-20-13 03:54 PM
    How will Blackberry be a fully integrated solution when Foxconn will be designing the phones, sourcing the parts, doing the manufacturing, and handling the inventory.

Apple is a fully integrated solution. They design the processors, the factory machines that make the hardware, handle all of the logistics, even sell you the phone at the retail level.
    Newsflash Apple designs their hardware and it is produced by manufacturers like Foxconn...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-20-13 03:57 PM
    Wether they are making handsets or not doesn't matter. Look at the numbers sold, garbage. No marketing, no production, no sales and no hope. Why would Indonesia want a cheap blackberry when they can have BBM on a cheap andriod all ready?

None of this makes sense.

Sent via my S3 and tapatalk
    12-20-13 03:58 PM

It's clear to me. They start at their biggest BB7 buyers to upgrade to a cheap BB10 and move down the line of countries that would benefit them the most.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-20-13 03:58 PM
    BlackBerry is a fully integrated solution. Anyone with a decent head on their shoulders would be aware of the fact that BlackBerry would never abandon hardware. It is what it is

Posted via CB10
    I guess it doesn't bore you yourself, then.

And yet again, I'll vehemently disagree.
    Everyone who understands even a little about how big businesses operate, would have started to doubt BlackBerry's future as a handset provider.
    Especially if the losses continue like they have until now, there won't even be a company left, that could produce handsets.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-20-13 04:03 PM
    It's clear to me. They start at their biggest BB7 buyers to upgrade to a cheap BB10 and move down the line of countries that would benefit them the most.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Interesting, thanks.

I wonder where Canada places in their list of priorities as we are a comparably small market.
    12-20-13 04:09 PM
    Interesting, thanks.

I wonder where Canada places in their list of priorities as we are a comparably small market.
    Well for now we have 4 choices of bb10 devices and prices are dropping. It's not like we're completely left out. But I don't expect another flagship so soon.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-20-13 04:18 PM
    Because a cheap BB is better than a cheap Android.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    theRock1975 likes this.
    12-20-13 05:43 PM

Foxconn will manufacture phones in Mexico as well according to the press release.

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.2.1.1055 | BBM Channel C0006E212
    12-20-13 05:44 PM
    Newsflash Apple designs their hardware and it is produced by manufacturers like Foxconn...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    I think the point Mags was making, is that Apple designs everything themselves, down to the last rivet or screw. Foxconn is just the labor force that puts it together using Apple's designs for the hardware and the machinery provided by Apple (though I can't myself verify that Apple also created the manufacturing equipment as she alluded).

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-20-13 07:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    For Corps, without a tablet, it's only a partial solution. Still gotta go to iOS and Android to complete the "integrated solution."
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-20-13 07:17 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    It needs to be clear to more than just you. Thats the problem.
    JeepBB and GadgetTravel like this.
    12-20-13 07:22 PM
    I think the point Mags was making, is that Apple designs everything themselves, down to the last rivet or screw. Foxconn is just the labor force that puts it together using Apple's designs for the hardware and the machinery provided by Apple (though I can't myself verify that Apple also created the manufacturing equipment as she alluded).

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    He knows. He's just to stubborn to cede the point. Also,...Apple does design the equipment that assembles their products it's noted in the Jobs bio and in "Inside Apple." Both outstanding books, BTW.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    JeepBB and DenverRalphy like this.
    12-22-13 12:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not in mature markets, they won't.

12-22-13 12:33 AM
    He knows. He's just to stubborn to cede the point. Also,...Apple does design the equipment that assembles their products it's noted in the Jobs bio and in "Inside Apple." Both outstanding books, BTW.

Tyvm. I had heard that they had, but I'd never motivated myself to verify it myself. Thanks for the source info... I may actually get off my lazy **** and finally read those books.
    12-22-13 10:24 AM
    Tyvm. I had heard that they had, but I'd never motivated myself to verify it myself. Thanks for the source info... I may actually get off my lazy **** and finally read those books.
    It's no different than BlackBerry. And now Microsoft is even making their own hardware.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-22-13 11:07 AM
    It's no different than BlackBerry. And now Microsoft is even making their own hardware.
    It's actually quite different. Foxconn will be designing a significant amount of the device hardware. BBRY will design the exterior casing, declare what minimum specs they may want for a device, and Foxconn will design the device hardware based on that information as well as the manufacturing equipment. Which is significantly different from Apple that designs everything, including the manufacturing equipment, down to the last detail. Apple merely uses Foxconn as labor to assemble the devices, whereas BBRY will have to rely on Foxconn to do a lot more.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-22-13 11:20 AM
    We'll see in March or April. It should be interesting.
    12-22-13 11:25 AM
    It's actually quite different. Foxconn will be designing a significant amount of the device hardware. BBRY will design the exterior casing, declare what minimum specs they may want for a device, and Foxconn will design the device hardware based on that information as well as the manufacturing equipment. Which is significantly different from Apple that designs everything, including the manufacturing equipment, down to the last detail. Apple merely uses Foxconn as labor to assemble the devices, whereas BBRY will have to rely on Foxconn to do a lot more.
    Where do they explain this in detail ?? Regarding BlackBerry.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-22-13 09:30 PM
    And in the end, the software is from BlackBerry.

I mean, while Apple indeed designs everything on their own, at the end of the day a hardware is a hardware is a hardware. These days, hardware is standardized so much, it doesn't really matter anymore.

In actuality, how many people ever thought "dang, I wonder how the inside of my phone looks?", actually pry them open and preach about it? Not that many. Mostly,people see the outer casing, weighs it on their hands, try out the UI, and there you have it.

It's not like Foxconn will use non-standard hardware such as FireWire, that thing is just asking for flamethrower

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    12-22-13 09:57 PM
    I mean, while Apple indeed designs everything on their own, at the end of the day a hardware is a hardware is a hardware. These days, hardware is standardized so much, it doesn't really matter anymore.
    Why, then did the mighty HP, after spending billions buying Palm and launching a tablet give it up so quickly and why doesn't Blackberry have a tablet that their enterprise customers will buy? Chen could have Foxconn whip one up for them too.
    12-23-13 07:03 AM
363 ... 12131415