They need to take action! This is no longer acceptable. They aren't even on the carrier radar anymore, they only care about apple and android. They have no carrier support and if anybody says they have to protect what little they no they really don't. They don't even have the phones in the store. Just sell all your phones online. F! The USA carriers!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:21 PM
    I understand your anger. It's limited to the USA. Most Canadian and Europe carriers still support BB. So they can't just uproot and change everything with a snap of its finger. However, they are moving towards pushing updates directly. Essentially giving 2 days to test a new OS.
    Please, though, post this on pre-existing threads because too many of these already exist.
    Thanks
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    02-15-14 08:25 PM
    Come to Canada! Where BlackBerrys get updates, health care is free, and the beer is always flowing!

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.2141 | Bell | CB10
    02-15-14 09:36 PM
    My experience with customer support for any carrier displays alone how they hire people who know nothing about nothing!

On my awesome BlackBerry Z30
    02-15-14 10:24 PM
    Come to Canada! Where BlackBerrys get updates, health care is free, and the beer is always flowing!

I'll come in the Summer. Lol.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    Carjackd and pantlesspenguin like this.
    02-15-14 10:29 PM
    I'm still waiting on 2.0 update from Tmobile USA and it seems like it won't come so I'm hoping that BlackBerry sends the upgrade / update via BlackBerry world

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 01:11 AM
    I'll come in the Summer. Lol.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    I'll come when I start looking for my wife lol. The women in Toronto aka T dot lol are beautiful!!!

Posted via CB10
    Mr.mister likes this.
    02-16-14 01:12 AM
    I'm still waiting on 2.0 update from Tmobile USA and it seems like it won't come so I'm hoping that BlackBerry sends the upgrade / update via BlackBerry world

Posted via CB10
    Go with a leak. It's worth it.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 01:21 AM
    Could have picked a better title, you had my hopes up.
    02-16-14 01:29 AM
    I think it's not unexpected to lack full support from the carriers for an ultra minority.

It's not altogether fair to the carriers buying into a phone you knew beforehand may or may not be supported in the future and then bashing companies for failure to support it.
    02-16-14 01:39 AM

The beer gets me threw more days than the health care lol

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 01:43 AM
    I think it's not unexpected to lack full support from the carriers for an ultra minority.

It's not altogether fair to the carriers buying into a phone you knew beforehand may or may not be supported in the future and then bashing companies for failure to support it.
    That doesn't explain why even popular Samsung Android phones don't get OS updates right away. Some of my friends with Samsung phones are still waiting for the lastest OS update, so it's not just BlackBerry users.

IMO it would be wiser to think long term and not depend on carriers for OS updates. Even if BlackBerry became popular again there is no guarantee they will stay there.

Also installing leaks as an alternative is not a solution if BlackBerry wants to gain more customers. The general public doesn't want to do that for OS updates. IMO the only real solution is direct updates from BlackBerry. It provides better user experience for the customer.
    02-16-14 03:14 AM
    I'll come when I start looking for my wife lol. The women in Toronto aka T dot lol are beautiful!!!

Posted via CB10
    this man know what he's talking about
    Ever been to caribana also?

Better android than android. The future is black....
    02-16-14 07:48 AM
    They need to take action! This is no longer acceptable. They aren't even on the carrier radar anymore, they only care about apple and android. They have no carrier support and if anybody says they have to protect what little they no they really don't. They don't even have the phones in the store. Just sell all your phones online. F! The USA carriers!

Posted via CB10
    So are you suggesting that BlackBerry go out today and hire a couple of thousand support personnel in order to support BlackBerry devices directly? That's the only way they can escape the current arrangement, as they count on carriers to supply the support. Carriers cannot support an os they haven't tested or trained on.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 07:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    You know what OP, for the first time I'm actually agreeing with you.

BlackBerry phones are no longer on their radar, and I no longer buy their excuses for dragging their feet on critical software updates for months after the other carriers have successfully installed them.

Heck they are even pushing away potential customers who are interested in buying a BlackBerry phone towards other brands.

My opinion is that BlackBerry's relationship with the US carriers is dead and it is pointless pretending otherwise. They need to build more of an online presence or open their own stores.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    02-16-14 08:52 AM
    this man know what he's talking about
    Ever been to caribana also?

Better android than android. The future is black....
    Nope but once I'm off probation and I can get some time off I will lol. I hear that and drakes OVO concert are where allllllllll the birds flock hahaha!!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:55 AM
    So are you suggesting that BlackBerry go out today and hire a couple of thousand support personnel in order to support BlackBerry devices directly? That's the only way they can escape the current arrangement, as they count on carriers to supply the support. Carriers cannot support an os they haven't tested or trained on.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    Sir. Yes but I think that has already been thought of. All of you must have forgot about that partnership. They might be testing the software on one end and helping out with other stuff as well to hopefully get themselves in a better position with existing customers.

[Opinion] BlackBerry Should No Longer Use Carriers For Updates-img_00008452.png

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 10:06 AM

Beer

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    02-16-14 10:20 AM