You assume that most companies care about security, but they don't.
    I don't assume that at all - I assume that most companies are interested in "good enough" security and that is why BBRY's competitive advantage of end-to-end security isn't actually much of an advantage.

If SilentCircle can make profits with BlackPhone, why shouldn't BlackBerry be able to make profits with BB10?
    Because Blackphone uses common hardware and doesn't have to pay for custom drivers and also use android as the base so most of the OS development is taken care of?
    Chen himself says this in the most recent call.

Its also why when BBRY was BB10 only, he said that needed to sell 10 million phones a year to break-even now that they have android in the mix, that number has dropped to five million. Its also why BB10 future hardware is unlikely to happen because of the prohibitive cost of development for such low numbers.
    10-10-15 12:03 PM
    I don't assume that at all - I assume that most companies are interested in "good enough" security and that is why BBRY's competitive advantage of end-to-end security isn't actually much of an advantage.
    In my opinion "good enough" is just another word for "absolutely not secure", but it's probably a zeitgeist problem.
    10-10-15 04:19 PM
    Calling out the entire "CrackBerry community" because one person may have sarcastically suggested that BlackBerry would send a "kill switch" to all current BB10 devices isn't a "delusion", but it's certainly insulting preposterous rhetoric with no obvious goal other than insulting people. The vast majority (I mean, 99.9% of currently active posters) know that BB10 devices will continue to function and get the promised security update in March 2016. "CrackBerry is a delusional place...". Please slap yourself hard, I can't reach you from here.
    Lol try not to take everything so seriously but look at most of the "facts" spouted about other OS systems here and try and tell me this is not a delusional place. It wasnt always that way but this is what it has become.

AS for BB10 i'm not suggesting it will go in maintenance mode, but if worse came to worse that is the least we can expect. Personally i hope BB10 thrives.

And persoanlly BB10's future is tied into Android, one way or another.
    Blackberry's biggest threat is not Android or Apple, but Microsoft who are gunning for the same thing Blackberry has spent the last couple of years shifting their focus to
    10-12-15 05:26 AM
    Lol try not to take everything so seriously but look at most of the "facts" spouted about other OS systems here and try and tell me this is not a delusional place. It wasnt always that way but this is what it has become.
    You know when someone starts their post with LOL that 99% of the time the post will double down on their... incorrect generalizations. Your low opinion of CrackBerry members is clear.
    10-13-15 07:18 AM

AS for BB10 i'm not suggesting it will go in maintenance mode, but if worse came to worse that is the least we can expect. Personally i hope BB10 thrives.

And persoanlly BB10's future is tied into Android, one way or another.
    Blackberry's biggest threat is not Android or Apple, but Microsoft who are gunning for the same thing Blackberry has spent the last couple of years shifting their focus to
    Wrong BlackBerry 's biggest threat is BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 04:12 PM
    If Chen had managed the business properly there would have been no space in the market for something like a Blackphone.
    10-14-15 04:51 AM
    There is always competition.
    10-14-15 09:00 AM
    If Chen had managed the business properly there would have been no space in the market for something like a Blackphone.
    Exactly.

For many reasons Chen had the best opportunity of any BlackBerry CEO since at least 2008. And he's truly blown it.

Instead he'll go down as one of the worst CEO's of the century.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 03:55 PM
    Exactly.

For many reasons Chen had the best opportunity of any BlackBerry CEO since at least 2008. And he's truly blown it.

Instead he'll go down as one of the worst CEO's of the century.

Posted via CB10
    In nobody's opinion but a few folks on this forum.
    10-14-15 04:00 PM
    In nobody's opinion but a few folks on this forum.
    Apparently you don't follow the NASDAQ.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    10-14-15 05:41 PM
    Apparently you don't follow the NASDAQ.

Posted via CB10
    Apparently you didn't follow it before Chen was even CEO.
    10-14-15 05:50 PM
    You know when someone starts their post with LOL that 99% of the time the post will double down on their... incorrect generalizations. Your low opinion of CrackBerry members is clear.
    Only some members who i feel would pick a fight with anyone.
    There's quite a few i hold in some high regard.
    And again dont take everything i say seriously, my generalisations of the Crackberry community was a tongue in cheek reference to the generalisations that a lot of Crackberrians(is that the term these days?) make about non Blackberry products.
    I have a very dry sense of humour which is unfortunately difficult to portray in text form.
    Apologies if i offended you, and apologies to anyone else i've offended.
    10-15-15 03:23 AM
    The only way that would be true is if Blackberry had licensed BB10 for free.
    Is that what you meant perhaps? That Chen should have licensed BB10 for free.
    Its an intriguing prospect, but could result in diluted security maybe?
    10-15-15 03:26 AM
188 ... 678