I think it depends which BB ur using.. When I had the curve and tour I would use more bolt than opera but would attempt to use both.. I'd still end up using bolt more however.. On the storm I use bolt instead of opera.. It doesn't run as user friendly as bolt.. They both take a little time to get used to but I always bolt had the upper hand. I'll def give this new opera a chance.
    09-14-09 11:57 PM
    I hope something for blackberry does come out of this but from the looks of the picture it doesnt look like its a Storm...I hope it isnt something lame like "Opera for Iphone"...but whatever here's hoping that BB can get one slight problem corrected even if allowing full combatibility with the Storm would be more like a bandaid fix(because it still cant be made default browser/be called our own lol) but still something we need.
    09-15-09 12:46 AM
    just checked the site right now, it is opera mini 5 that is going to be released (so not just phone specfic verision for one phone only) hopefully the rumors of flash and tabs are true. If so looks like skyfire might be a bit late to the party!
    09-15-09 12:55 AM
    So its browswer wars time?

Were waiting for new opera mini

skyfire

BB updated browswer as fast as safari.
    09-15-09 01:09 AM
    I'm pretty sure they've figured a way to fix the issue with pics. In fact, I'm surprised we haven't already seen an update. Two more things to add to the list would be the ability to copy and paste, and the ability to save a picture directly from the page you're on. I know you can save from google images. But not right where it's embedded on the page. OH! And how bout a 3rd thing? The ability to view page properties. Opera runs far faster than the default AND BOLT browser for me. And there are times when I'd like to share an article or something with a friend thru a page found on Opera, but I can't becuz of the inability to view, copy, n paste page properties. In which case, I'd have to go find the same page on the default browser. I'm not making too big a fuss out of flash. I have a Curve 8330. So idk how well-equipped my phone would be to support all that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SolezOnFroze; 09-15-09 at 05:56 AM.
    09-15-09 05:52 AM
    Just looked, now there are only 4 puzzle pieces missing!
    09-15-09 08:37 AM
    exciting..
    09-15-09 09:03 AM
    I have a brand new Tour on Verizon. the web browsing is very good but very slow.

is there a browser i should use other than the BB one that comes on the phone?
    09-15-09 09:43 AM
    Just looked, now there are only 4 puzzle pieces missing!
    Yeah but I cant figure out what it is yet... Touch screen with a front facing camera?
    09-15-09 01:03 PM
    Can't wait!
    09-15-09 01:04 PM
    Its obviously not a blackberry OR an iphone. Maybe an HTC or something?

I was thinking that the specific device pictured doesn't really matter, they are just showing that its a mobile browser that is involved, not a new version of the main Opera. Then again, if thats the case, why keep the puzzle thing going when its already obvious?

Who knows.
    09-15-09 01:44 PM
    The thing that gets me is if they aren't showing off a phone, but showing off the browser, why haven't we seen any signs of a browser in the phones display? A blank phone would seem to indicate they are showing off the phone. A phone with a browser in the display would seem to be showing off the browser. Maybe its an Opera Phone™? :P
    09-15-09 02:55 PM
    maybe the piece right in the middle of the screen is hiding the red Omini logo or something
    09-15-09 03:04 PM
    Two more things to add to the list would be the ability to copy and paste, and the ability to save a picture directly from the page you're on. I know you can save from google images. But not right where it's embedded on the page.
    You can do this now. Simply go to Page Information -> Download images.... You should be presented with a list of all the images on that page along with their corresponding filenames and sizes.
    09-15-09 04:48 PM
    I think I'l reserve my drool for skyfire
    09-15-09 09:59 PM
    downloaded the new opera mini and it works much much better then the old one. The only problem I have is how the heck do you close it. I tried using the bb button where I would normally close programs, but nothing happens.
    Don't want to kill my battery. I will try to restart phone hopefully that resets everything.
    Thanks.
    09-16-09 03:30 PM
    I'm using it right now on my Tour and its way faster than any other browser i've used. The Crackberry site usually takes a long time to load but not with Opera. I'm excited...
    09-16-09 03:35 PM
    Okay figured out how to exit, it's so weird for the home page. Go on bottom by the wrench go into that then a cool screen pops up with bookmarks, history, settings and EXIT. Click that. Then say yes and it will close Opera Mini. Whew, thought I would have to reset all the time.
    09-16-09 03:42 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD