Some tech websites are reporting that Opera will soon show "the future of mobile browsing" and on their website a page suggests exactly this:

Opera Web Browser | Faster & safer | Download the new Internet browsers free

Opera Software (opera) on Twitter

Opera Mini 5 coming really, really soon: Choose Opera - Wanna know what's coming really soon?

What do you think is Opera cooking and when will we see what's in the hat?
    Last edited by defcon3; 09-14-09 at 06:43 AM.
    09-14-09 06:38 AM
    It'll be interesting to see what Opera will accomplish, and whether or not the new browser will hit the BlackBerry. Could we see flash sooner than later... I sure hope so!
    09-14-09 08:51 AM
    Hopefully they improve some things, like the way it loads pics. I dont know if it's only me but my opera mini doesn't always load all the pictures on a site and it's not really stable. They should also add some flash capability. That's all they really need to do to satisfy me, What do u think they should change/add?
    09-14-09 09:16 AM
    I really hope so but the question is will RIM have any type of buy in or will they just try to find another developer to develop another default browser for the blackberry.
    09-14-09 09:51 AM
    Hopefully use with the storm is improved. Be nice if they were able to differentiate touching and clicking the screen.
    09-14-09 10:01 AM
    I really hope so but the question is will RIM have any type of buy in or will they just try to find another developer to develop another default browser for the blackberry.
    RIM bought Torch Mobile, so you can assume the default browser will become webkit based sometime in the not so distant future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 10:20 AM
    BlackBerry Maker RIM Buys Mobile Browser Firm - InternetNews.com

RIM already bought another company let's hope they make a bitchin' browser that's fast and easy to use.
    09-14-09 10:21 AM
    Can anyone tell whats going on in the puzzle picture?

It looks like the row of pieces second to the left is the edge of a Storm (or storm 2?).
    09-14-09 11:07 AM
    puzzle pieces to me mean plugins of some kind...

but im crazy
    09-14-09 11:31 AM
    Widgets?

/10char
    09-14-09 11:32 AM
    Hopefully they improve some things, like the way it loads pics. I dont know if it's only me but my opera mini doesn't always load all the pictures on a site and it's not really stable. They should also add some flash capability. That's all they really need to do to satisfy me, What do u think they should change/add?
    Opera sometimes doesn't load all the pics for me either. Its annoying browsering the full crackberry site with opera since I can't see all the pictures.

09-14-09 11:48 AM
    Is it really better (faster) to use the opera instad the bb browser?
    09-14-09 12:09 PM
    Yes.

The only reason I don't is because I like the navigation methods used on the bb browser. Last time I used Opera there still was no click functionality, just touch. To some this is amazing, to me it's annoying because I like to move my finger around the screen and a lot of times it will start zooming/selecting links instead of moving when I use Opera.
    09-14-09 12:41 PM
    in certain situations, yes, but in others, no. For me, the native browser does great on its own with loading viewing and navigating most mobile friendly sites. When the bigger web pages come in, then i start using Opera or Bolt. Its really fast and loads pages great!

The picture is a touch screen phone... It maybe looks samsung...ish? I cant tell yet though
    09-14-09 12:47 PM
    I agree, opera kinda sucks on the Storm cause of this.
    09-14-09 01:11 PM
    just noticing.....this article was posted 5 hours ago, and judging by the picture, 4 puzzle pieces have been added since that image was posted......
    09-14-09 01:28 PM
    Thank you for your fast replies!

Sooo... I think I gonna try the new opra...
    09-14-09 02:07 PM
    Does it look kind of iPhoneish to anyone else? Hopefully this isn't an announcement just that the iPhone is finally getting Opera Mini. Judging from the screen it looks blank, so its not like its showing off a new look for the browser on a phone, otherwise we should see bits of a web page on the phones display. It seems weird the big announcement would be kicked off with a picture of a phone and a blank display, unless the announcement was that that phone was getting a version of Opera Mini.
    09-14-09 02:08 PM
    maybe they are announcing that opera 5 is coming with/and now compatible with the iphone and blackberry!?
    09-14-09 02:22 PM
    just noticing.....this article was posted 5 hours ago, and judging by the picture, 4 puzzle pieces have been added since that image was posted......
    You're right. Just checked again and more pieces have been added, theres now 10 pieces remaining.
    09-14-09 02:31 PM
    I personally love opera...only time I use BB browser is when I have to download something. Its very slow. I do hate having to click show keyboard and yes on network connection, but I can deal with it.
    09-14-09 05:37 PM
    Sorry but it looks like the htc touch2
    09-14-09 07:02 PM
    Bolt browsing is better.

09-14-09 07:03 PM
    i myself love opera too. i only use bb browser if i have to look up something quick like a phone #.
    09-14-09 07:10 PM
    Bolt browsing is better.

so you have used the unreleased, unannounced browser in question?
    09-14-09 07:36 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD