I DL'd 5.0, but I didnt like it at all. I went back to 4.2 its way, way better.
    10-19-09 06:13 PM
    5.0 didn't work on my tour.
    10-25-09 05:19 AM
    I feel that this is a great browser but bolt is better adapted for bb's. Maybe that's why it the choice for most of the Crackberry team.
    I absolutely HATE bolt.

I much prefer Opera, however I do agree there are few kinks to iron out with Opera 5. But still my preferred choice.

Form filling has issues, tried to log into a website, made a mistake in email address so tried to delete character...but it would delete the whole field!

Also on some websites, it wont allow you to select some links.

But all said, I still think its better than Bolt which I find navigating very jittery.
    10-25-09 06:14 AM
    are they really that much better than the stock browser?
    10-25-09 01:55 PM
    I dloaded it for my curve. It ran very sluggish. I like the design but i ended up reinstalling 4.2 ; what a great move! they improved 4.2 with some cool skins and i can use my track again to scroll and navigate once again. I love 4.2!
    10-25-09 03:31 PM
    been using the beta 5 for 2 mnths on my tour, way better user interface than the mini on this phone! and wayyy better than the bb browser! im on 5.0 unoffical and works perfect
    10-26-09 05:56 PM
    am i the only one who had the last letter of some words not show up. usually the are... for example "Twitte". and i agree, it was/is very sluggish.
    10-26-09 06:22 PM
    once I learned about 'column view' in the BB browser it's worked for me like a charm. Page view blows on blackberries AFAIC
    10-26-09 06:58 PM
    Too bad 4.2 won't work on OS 5.0.0.316 . Going with Bolt for now, OM 5 is fine, just no text input improvements yet. When they are done with that in a new release I'll get it.
    10-26-09 07:24 PM
    5.0 ran really slow on my 8330 with 5.0 os on it
    10-26-09 09:06 PM
    5.0 ran really slow on my 8330 with 5.0 os on it
    do you have the unofficial 5.0 os for your verizon curve?
    10-27-09 06:31 AM
    once I learned about 'column view' in the BB browser it's worked for me like a charm. Page view blows on blackberries AFAIC
    +1. Though for some pages it means a lot of scrolling, but, yeah, much better overall. To the point that I have tried both OMini and Bolt and ended removing both.
    10-27-09 07:48 AM
    Opera mini 5 is worse than the stock browser. the bb browser works fine. opera just visually looks better. people say its faster, its not. they're both about the same in speed. it just seems that anything other than the default, people tend to like better just because its different.
    10-27-09 12:20 PM
    Opera mini 5 is worse than the stock browser. the bb browser works fine. opera just visually looks better. people say its faster, its not. they're both about the same in speed. it just seems that anything other than the default, people tend to like better just because its different.
    Thay're not the same speed on my BB - by far... Opera 5 and 4.2 blow my native browser away...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 03:41 PM
    Its still buggy as all **** on my 8330 & my old tour. Only worked on my 8900 but I rarely used it.

I'll wait for the next beta or official release.

Couldn't even synch my opera browser tabs & bookmarks with it so back to 4.2 I go =/

Bolt is only useful for streaming videos
    10-27-09 06:48 PM
    I like the new Opera, but I downgraded becuz I didn't like how it would always open a link with Opera when I wanted a link to open with my BB browser. Lol.

10-27-09 11:11 PM
    Is opera mini better than bolt
    10-28-09 06:33 PM
    Uhh...what? Try loading crackberry.com on the bb browser (the full site, not the mobile) and then try loading it in opera5...I can get there in opera5 on my tour, faster than the iphone3gs using safari.

10-29-09 08:45 AM
    Would someone give me a solid reason (as in a website address) why they think the BB native browser is better than Opera or Bolt? I have only found the native browser to be "faster" on extremely limited and basic pages (1 -15KB) like those you would find 5-6 years ago on the internet. On a complex site, coded using current web standards, the speed is 3-4 times faster on Opera or Bolt compared to the native browser. A great example is (like the previous poster mentioned) the non-mobile site of crackberry.com.
    10-29-09 11:15 AM
    i tried running the 5.0 beta and it i couldnt do any thing on it i went to the 4.2 and it works like a charm
    10-29-09 11:41 AM
195 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD