i just downloaded it
    i think i'm in love O___O
    09-26-09 08:01 AM
    ya make sure once u download it, that you do a battery pull as it might not work otherwise, thats what i did when i coudn't gettitng it working and it worked rightaway.
    09-26-09 10:41 PM
    I finally discovered I could cut/paste the url by pressing the "1" or "w" key on my BOLD. Just thought I'd let others know. I did find though that the dropping of the letter "R" is really awful on drudgreport.com which is strange given that the site employs almost no formatting. .
    09-28-09 10:06 PM
    Great tip! Thanks! Just to clarify, highlight the address bar and then press the w key for a cut/copy/paste menu

This was my biggest beef with the browser...its not listed in the shortcuts menu...but then again, barely anything useful is! Great start to this new browser tho, and damn its fast!!!

I finally discovered I could cut/paste the url by pressing the "1" or "w" key on my BOLD. Just thought I'd let others know. I did find though that the dropping of the letter "R" is really awful on drudgreport.com which is strange given that the site employs almost no formatting. .
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 10:13 PM
    I really like this browser, it is nice that it sorta becomes the default browser. Twitter links now look nice and can actually be pulled up (USA Today)
    09-28-09 10:58 PM
    Installed it. Used it exclusively for a week. Deleted it.
    Nothing to write home about IMO.
    09-29-09 12:44 AM
    Used it for a little bit. Tell me when the official release comes out.
    09-29-09 01:56 AM
    Hi. I'm trying to make Opera 5 mini use wifi on my 8900. Can anyone tell me how to do it please?
    09-29-09 11:57 AM
    Hi. I'm trying to make Opera 5 mini use wifi on my 8900. Can anyone tell me how to do it please?
    If you have wifi prefered, and are connected it will use wifi. Double check by turning off mobile radio in manage connections and leave only wifi connected - it still works.

09-29-09 01:33 PM
    i actually like bb browser over opera
    09-29-09 07:50 PM
    If you are referring to the beta, it has been out for weeks
    09-29-09 07:59 PM
    I'm actually referring to opera mini 4.2 is it? 5 is pretty cool mainly because of the super cool tabs. I think they just need to come out with a "mini-guide" on all the hot keys. Just MHO.
    09-30-09 09:48 AM
    I would chose bb browser over opera
    09-30-09 04:00 PM
    BB browser here too. Especially on .230
    Just give the BB Browser a turbo boost, and its perfect.
    09-30-09 05:02 PM
    This browser is just simply great.
    09-30-09 07:51 PM
    not sure if alreadyposted but i figured out how to copy and paste. hold ur fingeron the screen for about 2sec and when menu appears select "select text". then select text as u normally would either using one finger or both. this menu also lets u do a google.search on the selected text kinda like ie8. cool brower

10-01-09 09:06 AM
    I decided to give it a shot even though still in Beta stage and working with a Sprint BB 8330. D/L went off without any glitches and was up and running within 2 minutes. I wasn't sure if it would even work for my model since my phone was automatically detected and the next line below specifically says "We haven't yet verified that your device is able to run Opera Mini 5 beta". So far I like the new styling and layout of the app. Only cons I have thus far are when using TwiXtreme, I have to open links with O.M. 5 and I am not given option to use normal browser. Could be something I haven't figured out to configure but will look into it more later. Also it sticks a little when zoomed in and trying to maneuver with trackball quickly (I will assume majority of the problem is either carrier or that I am running on a 8330). Will update later when I have more time to play. Good luck to all. Nick - Portland, Oregon
    Last edited by Last.Anthem.King; 10-01-09 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Wanted to notify a few BB 8330 users I got app to work
    10-01-09 04:05 PM
    Opera 5 worked with my storm on .151 but all I get is a white screen and Red bar above with .230. Have to do a battery pull to get out of it.
    10-01-09 05:19 PM
    I used it..looks nice still too buggy for me..I'm still using the old one!!..can't click certain links on pages and when you hit delete it deletes everything..ill holla at it when its done with beta

10-01-09 06:55 PM
    This browser is amazing, I barely touch the BB browser since I got it. No more hearing about iphone browser from everyone!
    There's fixes for like every issue listed here...read through it! The copy/paste is better than the BB browser too.
    10-02-09 05:29 PM
    tried on my ATT bold.. looks much better than the earlier version.. cursor moves faster thru the pages.. like that
    10-03-09 11:13 AM
    I'm using O.M.5.0 on my 8330 as well. I'm not too fond of not being given the option to use BB browser to open links with, but other than that, it's fabulous. However, as others have mentioned, there are some links that are unclickable. I select a link, and the page just sits there. Yay for multiple tabs though.

I decided to give it a shot even though still in Beta stage and working with a Sprint BB 8330. D/L went off without any glitches and was up and running within 2 minutes. I wasn't sure if it would even work for my model since my phone was automatically detected and the next line below specifically says "We haven't yet verified that your device is able to run Opera Mini 5 beta". So far I like the new styling and layout of the app. Only cons I have thus far are when using TwiXtreme, I have to open links with O.M. 5 and I am not given option to use normal browser. Could be something I haven't figured out to configure but will look into it more later. Also it sticks a little when zoomed in and trying to maneuver with trackball quickly (I will assume majority of the problem is either carrier or that I am running on a 8330). Will update later when I have more time to play. Good luck to all. Nick - Portland, Oregon
    10-03-09 11:18 AM
    wow. opera is pretty good on a blackberry. i used to hear bad things about opera, mostly on windows mobile phones. Although the webpages look pretty compressed. I guess thats the price to pay for speed
    10-04-09 02:06 AM
    Its a decent browser, works good on my Storm.
    10-04-09 02:13 AM
    Never tried Opera Mini but was always interested..
    10-04-09 10:04 PM
195 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD