mmm the only thing ive caught so far is the deleting of everything type bug

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 09:45 PM
    has a few kinks in it for my 8330 that irritated me enough to revert back to the 4.2 but i still use it on my tour. semi orgasmic.
    09-19-09 12:07 PM
    I noticed a couple of issues too:

-The scroll bar on the right side of the screen doesn't seem to work with the Storm.

-There is no way to quickly toggle between Mobile View and Classic View anymore, now you have to click a bunch of stuff to make that happen.

Getting these fixed would be hot.
    09-19-09 01:07 PM
    Has anyone notice when you try to delete something it wipes everything you typed out?
    09-19-09 03:29 PM
    I like it a lot better than the previous version, love the tabs. But I find that on many websites some of the hyperlinks won't click. Most will but it seems especially at the top or bottom of the page, links won't click?? I irritated me so much that I uninstalled it. I have never had any problems with the BB browser like that. I hope they fix that issue, I would love to use Opera Mini 5
    09-19-09 03:39 PM
    Anyone have this working on an 8330 on sprint

yeah i have it on my 8330 or sprint and i hate it i like the old version better
    09-19-09 10:30 PM
    Ok. . . . So I had some pretty harsh things to say about opera 5 before and most of them still remain. . . (Hijacking my default browser, lack of space bar scrolling, removal of the "1/W" function which allowed us to quickly swap between full sites and mobile formatted ones. . . .) Not to sound like a sourpuss but we can also add the removal of the text box. . . I don't believe the geniuses at opera even know how great that function is in opera 4.2 and I stress that is 'cause I'll probably never delete 4.2 at this point. . . . But I digress. . . The text box of 4.2 is lovely. . . I'm using it now, it works lovely when copying and pasting from the bb memo pad, as well as the spell check on my tour. . . . . That being said it's a decent browser . . . . It's pretty if that counts for anything. . . . But so often the prettiest girls have no substance. . . .

Posted from my *** Crack
    Last edited by Qharisma; 09-19-09 at 10:51 PM.
    09-19-09 10:48 PM
    it has keyboard issues. the repeat rate is very fast and thats very bad when trying ti delete a letter or two. it deletes everything you typed. other than that its fast and has nice features. no need to click it touch sensitive since its really not designed for the storm.

09-19-09 11:23 PM
    Not to sound like a sourpuss but we can also add the removal of the text box
    What text box? The one you get if you disable inline editing in OM5?
    09-20-09 10:11 AM
    I finally got it to work on my phone and I think it's real coo. Only thing I that I don't like is when I hit backspace/delete key it deletes everything, just like a few people are saying.
    09-20-09 01:08 PM
    From a previous question:
    The address bar worked great at first then after a few batt pulls it stopped responding to the enter key or the trackball.
    Now I can type in a url but there's no way to start navigating. It just sits there after hitting enter. Kinda a bummer.

go to your settings and turn off "inline editing". that should solve the problem.

I'm having this problem. If I turn on Inline Editing, then I have other usage problems (backspace issue, usability for symbols). So I want Inline Editing OFF, but gee, I'd kinda like to be able to directly type URLs to access as well. It seems any browser would support this expected functionality.
    09-20-09 01:30 PM
    What text box? The one you get if you disable inline editing in OM5?
    Hmmm you obviously know what you're talking about... Familiar with opera browser 4.2 are you?? ;-)

09-20-09 01:39 PM

Work fine on my 8250, can't seem to find a way to delete the bookmarked items on the main screen, still looking though.
    09-20-09 02:03 PM

Work fine on my 8250, can't seem to find a way to delete the bookmarked items on the main screen, still looking though.
    If you highlight the box you want to delete and press and hold the trackball, a little box will open giving an edit and a clear option.

09-20-09 02:21 PM

Or press the number one. . . . Thanks for the inline editing tip fellas. . . .

09-20-09 02:29 PM
    If you highlight the box you want to delete and press and hold the trackball, a little box will open giving an edit and a clear option.

LOL thanks a lot, I almost gave up on that.
    But PS, I don't have a trackball
    09-20-09 02:31 PM
    did not work for me. im sticking with bolt for now.
    09-20-09 10:34 PM
    I like it a lot better than the previous version, love the tabs. But I find that on many websites some of the hyperlinks won't click. Most will but it seems especially at the top or bottom of the page, links won't click?? I irritated me so much that I uninstalled it. I have never had any problems with the BB browser like that. I hope they fix that issue, I would love to use Opera Mini 5
    Same when i would click on a hyper link it would just reload the same page

very odd
    09-21-09 10:17 AM
    Has anyone noticed it misses the letters off the ends or words sometimes?

I have checked these same websites on a PC and on the blckberry browser and they display correctly.
    09-21-09 10:23 AM

Thank You, i was killing myself looking how to do that!
    09-21-09 11:25 AM
    Has anyone noticed it misses the letters off the ends or words sometimes?

I have checked these same websites on a PC and on the blckberry browser and they display correctly.
    + 1. I also experiencing that when I press the del button it goes straight all the way to the first char so I have to quickly press any button to make it stop. It also seems to be "cracked" to become the default browser because when i clicked a link on an email it opens with OM5?

09-21-09 11:40 AM
    + 1. I also experiencing that when I press the del button it goes straight all the way to the first char so I have to quickly press any button to make it stop. It also seems to be "cracked" to become the default browser because when i clicked a link on an email it opens with OM5?

+1 and +1. . . . To each of you. . . Hey It's beta. . . Let's hope the official release is better. .. . By the way anyone having problems when the inline text feature is turned off their devices freezes?

09-21-09 11:50 AM
    +1 and +1. . . . To each of you. . . Hey It's beta. . . Let's hope the official release is better. .. . By the way anyone having problems when the inline text feature is turned off their devices freezes?

Yes I know of that, just feel like sharing here. Anyway everythings normal when I turned the inline text off. I think I'll stick with bb browser for now, hopefully the official release will come out soon with all the fix.

09-21-09 12:12 PM
    Installed today on my BlackBerry Tour 9630, Carrier TELUS, OS 4.7.1.40.

After downloading and installing, I had to pull the battery--was frozen on a white screen, with a red bar at the top (think it was searching for a server.)

What I have noticed so far:

1. Was on a web page that had multiple radio buttons. I could not select some of the radio buttons because the pointer/cursor was scroll just above or below the radio buttons and would highlight them.

2. When trying to enter text into a textbox, and when entering text into the Title field of the "Save Bookmark" screen, the app froze again.

In both situations of Opera Mini 5 Beta freezing, I could hit the End key of my BlackBerry and get out of the app. I could then open the app again, but it was still frozen.
    Same here. Wish I could enjoy this browser

09-26-09 07:22 AM
    m.opera.com/next
    do a batt pull after install

09-26-09 07:31 AM
195 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD