MAN, I love this Browser!! If i could download apps with ota links through it I would never open the BB browser again. I especially love the keyboard shortcuts!

Opera Should come standard with all BB's !!
    09-17-09 09:20 AM
    seems to work fine. loads fast mainly due to the fact it defaults to the mobile version of sites...not HTML. anyone know hoe to fix this.

otherwise i love it. but if i wanted m.sites i would have saved the money and bought a curve.
    09-17-09 09:24 AM
    seems to work fine. loads fast mainly due to the fact it defaults to the mobile version of sites...not HTML. anyone know hoe to fix this.

otherwise i love it. but if i wanted m.sites i would have saved the money and bought a curve.
    Go into the settings and turn off Mobile view...
    09-17-09 09:26 AM

Same problem here. Mobile View is off and it still does this. Defaults to ESPN.com's mobile site for some reason.
    09-17-09 10:03 AM
    I downloaded it yesterday. I am very impressed! Didnt care for the previous opera, but im jazzed about the tabbed browsing and the speed! good job opera!!
    09-17-09 10:39 AM
    "Not verified that this works on your Storm" yet the BlackBerry they show on the site using it is a Storm... rofl..
    LOL, pretty funny

It does work though. Guess they just wanted some more testing before officially supporting it!
    09-17-09 10:50 AM
    this browser makes a lousy first impression. -I will stick with Bolt
    Why does it make a lousy first impression?
    09-17-09 10:51 AM
    Same problem here. Mobile View is off and it still does this. Defaults to ESPN.com's mobile site for some reason.
    You'll never get ESPNs full site with any of the current browsers...maybe when Skyfire is released.
    09-17-09 11:20 AM
    The web servers are detecting a mobile browser and redirecting you to the mobile version of their pages. You'll have to try to bookmark the "Full Site" link.

Maybe it's my ancient 8300, but I find that Bolt is still faster than Opera Mini 5, especially for Facebook games. Even finding them in OM5 was nightmarish.
    09-17-09 11:44 AM
    ESPN detects you're on a phone and serves you the mobile site.
    09-17-09 11:44 AM
    Anynews About Youtube?
    09-17-09 12:22 PM
    Maybe it's my ancient 8300, but I find that Bolt is still faster than Opera Mini 5, especially for Facebook games. Even finding them in OM5 was nightmarish.
    You should report this to Opera. Maybe your phone just isn't fast enough to run Opera Mini 5. It's pretty advanced compared to version 4. Or maybe they can optimize it and make it run smooth as a baby's **** on your phone when the final version is out!

Just report it to Opera so that they can look into it.
    09-17-09 02:20 PM
    You'll never get ESPNs full site with any of the current browsers...maybe when Skyfire is released.
    you can get the the full site by typing espn.go.com in the address bar. Also, for full sites, if you search in google "classic" it wil pull up full sites.To get to "classic", search a site in google as normal and at the bottom of the page there is a link for "cassic".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 05:17 PM
    - uninstalled OM4.2
    - did the required reboot
    - downloaded & installed OM5 for OS4.7
    - loaded the app and got the white screen (server.eula)
    - hit menu, then accept
    - got lost. didn't know wth i was doing
    - opened up several tabs
    - finally got to where i could type in an address (google.com)
    - not working
    - pulled the battery
    - waiting
    - still waiting...
    - eating some food
    - thirsty. drinking some dasani
    - some more waiting...
    - fell asleep a couple of times
    - woke up
    - checked work emails on pc
    - totally forgot about me BB & OM
    - launched OM, again

SWEEEEET!!!!!
    09-17-09 05:55 PM
    favorites save as thumbnails like on GChrome. at least on the Opera page.
    Last edited by tallazzPilipino; 09-17-09 at 05:59 PM.
    09-17-09 05:57 PM
    Hi everyone!

First a brief disclaimer: I work at Opera, but if I say anything silly it's my own fault

I'd just like to thank you all for the great feedback so far. I've been reading through comments here, and I made a list that I'm going to forward to the Opera Mini team. They may know about a lot of this already, but your feedback will still be very useful.

Apart from Opera Link (synchronization) not being available yet and changing Speed Dials being a bit tricky to figure out, Opera Mini 5 obviously requires a bit more horse power than the previous version. It might not run on all phones, but the Mini team is working on optimizing it so that it works comfortably on as many phones as possible.

Here's a list of other commonly reported issues:

- Opera Mini becomes the default browser without asking
    - The BB menu key is not working
    - The back button does not close the browser
    - If you hit the back arrow to delete a letter, it deletes the whole message instead (when inline editing is enabled)
    - Opera Mini can't connect through WiFi
    - Nothing happens when typing a URL in the address bar (or a search) and hitting Enter or the trackball (only when inline editing is disabled?)
    - You can't press and hold to capitalize a letter (only when inline editing is enabled?)
    - Opera Mini does not capitalize the first letter
    - Pressing Space no longer goes down a page
    - The context menu button does not show a context menu
    - The N/U/G/H don't move the cursor anymore
    - Medium text size in version 5 is like large in version 4.2, and small is too small

Let me know if something seems to be missing, or is flat out wrong. And keep the feedback coming, whether it's good or bad!

-Haavard@Opera
    09-18-09 03:25 AM
    Hi everyone!

First a brief disclaimer: I work at Opera, but if I say anything silly it's my own fault

I'd just like to thank you all for the great feedback so far. I've been reading through comments here, and I made a list that I'm going to forward to the Opera Mini team. They may know about a lot of this already, but your feedback will still be very useful.

Apart from Opera Link (synchronization) not being available yet and changing Speed Dials being a bit tricky to figure out, Opera Mini 5 obviously requires a bit more horse power than the previous version. It might not run on all phones, but the Mini team is working on optimizing it so that it works comfortably on as many phones as possible.

- If you hit the back arrow to delete a letter, it deletes the whole message instead (when inline editing is enabled)
    - Nothing happens when typing a URL in the address bar (or a search) and hitting Enter or the trackball (only when inline editing is disabled?)
    - You can't press and hold to capitalize a letter (only when inline editing is enabled?)
    - Medium text size in version 5 is like large in version 4.2, and small is too small

Let me know if something seems to be missing, or is flat out wrong. And keep the feedback coming, whether it's good or bad!

-Haavard@Opera
    Hi.
    Some comments to your comments...

- The BB menu key is not working:
    When you are viewing a page - pressing the BB menu key launches the command bar (speedials/back/ forward etc and allows access to the drop down settings menu - at least on trackball devices.

- The back button does not close the browser:
    As it shouldn't, it allows easy back navigation through pages.

- Opera Mini can't connect through WiFi:
    Yes it can. You may not be able to install over wifi but once installed it works fine over a wifi connection.

Also sideways scrolling of the trackball on 4.2 gives a quick page down scroll (a bit like hitting space or 8) would be nice in 5.

Am a big fan of 4.2... Never use the default browser apart from OTA's ver 5 looks very promising so far...

09-18-09 03:41 AM
    Oh and text entry fields were nicer in 4.2 IMHO. Less cluttered looking and simpler.

"Insert symbol" option is missing in enter address field too (this would allow you to paste a url)
    09-18-09 03:44 AM
    - The back button does not close the browser:
    As it shouldn't, it allows easy back navigation through pages.
    It was my understanding from reading several comments on this, that going all the way back to the first page and pressing back once more was supposed to close the browser. Perhaps I misunderstood?

- Opera Mini can't connect through WiFi:
    Yes it can. You may not be able to install over wifi but once installed it works fine over a wifi connection.
    I saw some comments about WiFi not working, so I assumed that it affected the actual browser.

Thanks for your help!
    09-18-09 04:04 AM
    Hi everyone!

-Haavard@Opera
    Hey. Sometimes links aren't clickable and I need to refresh in order for them to be.

09-18-09 06:36 AM
    It was my understanding from reading several comments on this, that going all the way back to the first page and pressing back once more was supposed to close the browser. Perhaps I misunderstood?
    No you are right, I misunderstood and thought you meant one press (from wherever) to close the app.
    Going back through pages to the start page and then closing (like 4.2) would be fine...

09-18-09 07:00 AM
    i would love to view in small text, however like a previous poster said, sometimes the arrow can't find the link (8320 here). other than that and the backspace issue, this is a great browser!

09-18-09 07:58 AM
    The address bar worked great at first then after a few batt pulls it stopped responding to the enter key or the trackball.
    Now I can type in a url but there's no way to start navigating. It just sits there after hitting enter. Kinda a bummer.
    The only pages I canb get to now are the ones I saved as bookmarks. Also when I select "medium" font size all the text on a page is overlapping and unreadable.
    Otherwise its awesome!! Thanks so much!!!
    09-18-09 10:42 AM
    The address bar worked great at first then after a few batt pulls it stopped responding to the enter key or the trackball.
    Now I can type in a url but there's no way to start navigating. It just sits there after hitting enter. Kinda a bummer.
    The only pages I canb get to now are the ones I saved as bookmarks. Also when I select "medium" font size all the text on a page is overlapping and unreadable.
    Otherwise its awesome!! Thanks so much!!!
    go to your settings and turn off "inline editing". that should solve the problem.

09-18-09 10:54 AM
    I notice this mainly on facebook.com - but the letter "r" doesn't show if it's the last letter in a sentence. Very Weird
    09-18-09 08:20 PM
195 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD