Not sure I understand that as taking down the for sale sign only addresses one part of the "we are not dead yet" argument. There is still pretty good speculation on why in the end they did not sell the company, and the sales evidence today released doesn't help either.

On Cnbc today they again mocked the message and BlackBerry's mind share here in the States continues to dwindle. The two major GSM providers do not even offer the flagship phone, and try to find the Z and Q10 in your local store.

Chen needs to address this in the same style he did in this letter is my point on every major business channel as soon as possible. Every piece of credible news points to another bloody quarter coming and another round of "they may not be dead, but the bleeding continues..."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using CB Forums mobile app
    Where are you, in Puerto Rico or Alaska? Because I see BB10 handsets in every AT&T and T-Mobile store in my area of Raleigh, Knightdale, Cary, etc. North Carolina. Wait...you're wanting me to go to these stores to prove you wrong, right?? Like it would be SOOO fulfilling for me to rub it in your face...
    It actually WOULD. I'll be right back
    12-03-13 10:59 AM
    It has been discussed and discussed here.. Android isn't making any OEM profitable, expect for Samsung at this point.
    I see this posted a lot, so I feel like I have to correct you:

Sony has sold 19.6 million Android smartphones over the last 2 quarters and booked a profit of about $50 million. Their big losses are in their entertainment division. They are forecasting higher profits and units sold next quarter.
    Source: Q2 FY13 Consolidated Financial Results.

Lenovo combines financial results among smartphones, tablets and smart TVs, but they too are profitable, with smartphone shipments increasing 78% YOY. In fact their mobile division now makes up 15% of their total revenue, up from 8% last year.
    Source: Lenovo Newsroom | LENOVO POSTS SECOND QUARTER 2013/14 RESULTS

LG's smartphone segment is usually profitable too, even after raising marketing expenses in the most recent quarter for the launch of the G2. 12 million smartphones shipped in the last quarter.
    Source: http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/24/l...rtphone-sales/
    notfanboy likes this.
    12-03-13 11:34 AM
    It has been discussed and discussed here.. Android isn't making any OEM profitable, expect for Samsung at this point.

IMHO I see BlackBerry abandoning the consumer hardware market and focusing on enterprise only - still be able to buy them, they just won't be marketing device and being competitive with consumer devices. They will incorporate direct APK features into BB10 (as we have seen) to allow corporate customers access to the TOOLS/APPS that they need (and that BBW can't provide), while providing the management and security that these customers will be will to pay more for.

For consumers the hope will be that BBM will become a MAJOR player, and maybe people will be willing to pay more for those "prosumer" devices to get a native and full featured BBM experience...
    i can't see them focusing just on enterprise either and supplying devices to only corperations with BES, makes mo sense to miss the prosumer market of those like me who supply their on phone and their company just covers the monthly bills with no MDM needed
    12-03-13 11:47 AM
    Just before it gets said.. talk is cheap. Show, don't tell. Proof is in the pudding. And other such cliches.
    Dang, you stole all my lines
    12-04-13 06:57 AM
    Where are you, in Puerto Rico or Alaska? Because I see BB10 handsets in every AT&T and T-Mobile store in my area of Raleigh, Knightdale, Cary, etc. North Carolina. Wait...you're wanting me to go to these stores to prove you wrong, right?? Like it would be SOOO fulfilling for me to rub it in your face...
    Good to hear because there's none in T-Mobile stores here, in NYC.

Sent from my C6833 using CB Forums mobile app
    randall2580 likes this.
    12-04-13 07:38 AM
    Yes in my local Corp stores if you go towards the back of the store, near the room where they store the phones you will find a Q10 and sometimes a Z10. Not at all prominent placement and in no way do they catch your eye when you walk into the store.

Next time you are in the NYC area I would love to go with you to any of the local stores around here and see who's closer to right with a beer on the line.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-04-13 12:19 PM
    Fixing what was missing is not an improvement. So far I only see cosmetic improvements, nothing drastic.

Posted via CB10
    Yep a full brand new os not wrote in the old java platform has no improvements.......(facepalm) no more battery pulls is an improvement, one app crashes ( if it was to happen by the way) the rest of the os keeps going with no need to reboot. miracast, lock screen, app installs for android apps.... all changes. where have you been, under a bridge?

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    12-05-13 11:43 PM
    Yep a full brand new os not wrote in the old java platform has no improvements.......(facepalm) no more battery pulls is an improvement, one app crashes ( if it was to happen by the way) the rest of the os keeps going with no need to reboot. miracast, lock screen, app installs for android apps.... all changes. where have you been, under a bridge?

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    Dude, we were talking about improvements from the launch of BB10 to today, you can't call "improvements" the gaining of lost features that existed for years.

For example BB10 has now gained to ability to delete emails from device only, is it an improvement? To me it's not, I consider it a missing feature that was re-implemented.

It's like cutting somebody's salary then offering it back as a "pay rise"
    Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-06-13 01:31 AM
58 123