08-19-16 06:08 PM
46 12
tools
    August 16, 2016

Dear Anyone in BlackBerry B,
    Waterloo, Canada

Open letters have become the newest wrinkle so Iím doing my bit because I was not sure from where to begin when I upgraded my WhatsApp on my BB Z30. To be honest, in retrospect, I wish I had not upgraded it but first, I was excited about the next upgrade and second, was curious that whether all the rumors were true. I canít say I felt much curious after that because to my amazement, what I read on various websites about the end of WhatsApp support on BB 10 devices came true. It was outrageous. I felt a bit of anger on WhatsApp but then suddenly I realized are they (WhatsApp) discontinuing their services on other platforms (Android, iOS) as well? The answer to this, everyone knows now!
    What went wrong, Iím sure you are aware of it because Iím not!
    Iím just a user of your once flagship phone. Now, let wind the clock almost a year ago, when I got my shiny, black Z30. All my friends where persuading me not to get it but since I was an ardent user of BlackBerry phones, I resisted. The Z30 was my third (and possibly the last) BlackBerry phone. Let me be fair, I purchased it because I got to know that it supports major of the Android apps. And let me be even more fair, HELL NO. Not even more than a week since I got this phone I started regretting my buy. And now, WhatsApp is discontinuing its services and support.
    BB OS has failed to gain traction with Android and iOS and according to what I have read, it now accounts for less than 1% of the market. Again Iím sure, you are aware of it too.
    Please donít get me wrong but if you ponder too much on security and do not watch the clock this less than 1% will eventually be equal to zero.
    And lastly, I donít know why Iím still stuck in the greedy glutton of BB but I wish you will do what is required so that you donít drop down any more users.

Signed,
    Your Customer till December 2016
    08-16-16 02:48 AM
    Waste of time.
    Why are you blaming BlackBerry for WhatsApp's decision to end support? They also ended support for Windows phones as well if you didn't know. Plus you should've done all your research before jumping on the Z30 if you wanted apps like WhatsApp and that it was absolutely necessary for you. By the way BlackBerry has a phone called the Priv that combines both keyboard and touch screen with android, which means WhatsApp will work on their after December. That's a phone you should've considered. If you need something cheaper then there's the DTEK50. But don't hate on BlackBerry..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khlover520; 08-16-16 at 05:30 AM.
    08-16-16 03:48 AM
    Waste of time.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and DaFoxGrey like this.
    08-16-16 04:03 AM
    Thanks for your comment.
    I understand your angst, as I hope you will understand mine.
    First off, if WhatsApp has decided to end the support on BB10 platforms, it’s BB who is accountable for it. Because BB couldn't match up to the other mobile operating systems. Secondly, they have ended support for Win 7 OS based phones not Win 10, which is the latest release, like BB10 OS being the latest BB software. Third, research was done. Priv was launched early this year unlike Z30 which was launched 2-3 years ago.
    PS: I don't hate BlackBerry, it was just a formal grievance.

The solution lies in the problem itself and not in defending the problem.
    08-16-16 04:44 AM
    Go to BlackBerry's blog and use the contact form to send them a message.. Letters here don't do any good, there too but who knows.
    TGR1 likes this.
    08-16-16 09:16 AM
    Unless you plan on personally buying enough BB10 devices to snap the platform out of its coma, your letter is useless.
    cribble2k and TgeekB like this.
    08-16-16 09:22 AM
    Open letter to Nintendo. I demand that you do not allow the market share of the Wii U to drop below 18%. I also demand that Fallout 4 be available for your platform.
    08-16-16 09:31 AM
    I've a more radical open letter to Sony, Please bring back a remastered PSP.. Just like some people want a remastered BB Bold, I despise mobile gaming. PS Vita is full of Japanese crap games.

Oh companies won't develop games for it, reminds me of the situation of our dear beloved berry.
    08-16-16 09:44 AM
    I would recommend you get to the point more quickly rather than going into a narrative about how you feel, etc. Perhaps boil it down to three sentences and leave it at that. Then, somebody might read it.
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    08-16-16 10:04 AM
    Priv launched last year fwiw, you didn't research that thoroughly..............

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 02:24 PM
    Open letter to Nintendo. I demand that you do not allow the market share of the Wii U to drop below 18%. I also demand that Fallout 4 be available for your platform.
    Lol that's exactly what this post sounds like!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 06:26 PM
    Thanks for your comment.
    I understand your angst, as I hope you will understand mine.
    First off, if WhatsApp has decided to end the support on BB10 platforms, itís BB who is accountable for it. Because BB couldn't match up to the other mobile operating systems. Secondly, they have ended support for Win 7 OS based phones not Win 10, which is the latest release, like BB10 OS being the latest BB software. Third, research was done. Priv was launched early this year unlike Z30 which was launched 2-3 years ago.
    PS: I don't hate BlackBerry, it was just a formal grievance.

The solution lies in the problem itself and not in defending the problem.
    You said you got the Z30 recently, so why didn't you invest in the Priv instead when it has been out for close to a year now?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 06:28 PM
    Whatscrap? Meh . BBM for BB10 is the best! All my friends and relatives use it around the world!

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 and David Tyler like this.
    08-16-16 06:48 PM
    Open letter to BlackBerry ...continue pushing forward results are coming.
    Ps open letter to Sony bring back BetaMax as it has better quality than VHS.
    Flatman likes this.
    08-17-16 11:41 AM
    You said you got the Z30 recently, so why didn't you invest in the Priv instead when it has been out for close to a year now?

Posted via CB10
    Proper research wasn't done here. I think I'm gonna go buy a Nokia N95 or something.. Hopefully I can play candy crash on it.. Nothing serious, just candy crash. Sure I'll find it.
    08-17-16 12:02 PM
    VHS? What is that? Even DVDs are quickly becoming obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    Harsh_India likes this.
    08-17-16 12:08 PM
    Proper research wasn't done here. I think I'm gonna go buy a Nokia N95 or something.. Hopefully I can play candy crash on it.. Nothing serious, just candy crash. Sure I'll find it.
    You'll pry my CT300 from my cold dead hands!

Open Letter to BlackBerry-ct-300-5.jpeg

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    Sairos and Flatman like this.
    08-17-16 01:45 PM
    Good rant. Would read again.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    08-17-16 02:19 PM
    Exactly, I don't understand what the hell happening with security as they are so curious or constant about. Yes, that's the needing part but aren't there any other? Always loved my Z10 (first smartphone) for its uniqueness, then bought an android as a secondary option.

It's Pushh from India ....pin : 2AF4F414
    08-17-16 03:34 PM
    Good rant. Would read again.
    At least it's a understandable rant for a lot of users who want to stay with BB10 for as long as possible, but depend on using Whatsapp. However, once BlackBerry moved to Android, that effectively put BB10 on life support. Even BlackBerry's on-going efforts to show support for BB10 won't change that.
    08-17-16 04:34 PM
    @OP

When I purchased my first BB10 device 3 years it was clear that it wasn't going to last forever and a year ago when you purchased your Z30, BB10 had already dipped below 1% with little signs of further development on BlackBerry part. Android apps were only promised as Ports in BBW or through the Amazon App Store. So you may understand some of the ridicule in the other comments, but one point I will give you which you didn't make clear is that you purchased your device with a working WhatsApp which will be deactivate at the end of the year. With all things considered buying into a unprofitable declining OS that BlackBerry stopped investment in, it was clear that other 3rd party's would follow.
    08-17-16 05:05 PM
    Please include a letter to RCA to bring back the SelectaVision Player and discs.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-17-16 05:57 PM
    Whatsapp just didn't want to pay anyone to push out BB10 updates. I don't blame them. BB10 has been a dwindling part of the market so long... I love it, but I don't expect devs to burn money on it. Especially in light of BlackBerry announcements on the OS.

Besides, BlackBerry has a premier instant messenger that it has been trying to get the world to adopt. Blackberry Messenger anyone?

I'm not a sheep. I'm a wolf. If someone wants to message with me, they send their **** in the clear, they use Blackberry Messenger, or I don't want to talk to them. I put that in practice every day. I dont want several messengers running in the background, using battery, and generally annoying me.

But I respect the OP's thoughts. Everyone comes from somewhere and Whatsapp is important to him, so ok. Wolf says talk to BlackBerry and if they say no or ignore, leave. I'd do the same.

I did do the same. My billing software didn't work on bb10, even using android, so I carried two phones awhile, then left. Okay. There you go. You know what to do.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    krazyatom likes this.
    08-17-16 06:13 PM
    Keep fight
    08-18-16 01:28 AM
    VHS? What is that? Even DVDs are quickly becoming obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    Walmart sells enough DVD's still and I think they will be around for a little while yet. Yesterday my parents had a new Sony 40 inch TV delivered and the guys setting it up saw their VCR and said "don't get rid of it, they are hard to find now and getting expensive" Blank tapes can still be purchased but getting harder to find. Americans were much quicker to jump on DVR's than Canadians so we tend to keep things longer I have noticed.

As for Whatsapp being killed off I blame Zuckerberg. The infastructure is built for it, it does not cost as much to maintain it as it did to start it up for our devices, it is peanuts for him, and Mark forgets that back 7 or so years ago when Facebook was getting really popular it was people with Blackberries that helped to make it big.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-19-16 12:33 AM
46 12