Hi. I saw something at the G7 and just had a thought. I have been backwards and forwards about sharing but it is beginning to get to me. Here goes: a security guy had a fairly large handset. It had a silver / aluminium band around it a la the Classic and a keyboard. Bezel-less. It was a normal smartphone shape, not like a Classic. It was white or silver and connected to an earpiece.
    Here is my thought. I never believed the whole Bank of America thing. It made no sense economically or in marketing terms. In fact it stank of disinformation. I am just completing my MA in IR and about to start a Ph.D in Security Studies. Let me posit an alternative theory.
    The US Gov wants a new generation of secure phones. They more than anyone know you cannot have this on either an Android or an Apple device despite the fake 'not cooperating' stories that circulate every now and then in the media. These just drive Dumbo's to compromised platforms. The market would be huge. Not just US Gov employees but anyone who wants to do business with the US Gov or allied countries are forced onto the platform. Now everything makes sense including the weird silence.
    Not claiming any kind of inside knowledge but I wrote a thesis on the NSA and GCHQ. Smoke and mirrors is a nice way of putting it. How about this? The product is in development (probably Beta by now). The US Gov has its own chip manufacturing facility for really important systems (fact). No need to buy commercial chips right away. Why else is a company making expensive hires but literally nothing about anything to generate interest??? One answer: their client is assured and wants the silence. We have always been told consumers are a secondary market. It would have to be bigger than BoA to buy this kind of silence. Much bigger. And one reason NOTHING has leaked? How about National Security directives?
    A couple of confessions: From August 20 2021 until well after Xmas I Googled 'new 5g Blackberry' every single day. I still do it almost every week. I am still using my KeyOne Black Edition and my Classic is my home phone. I know I really need to move on but like everyone else I am just hoping next week, next month, next decade......
    Very interested to hear what everyone thinks,
    John
    Rico4you, katxeus and SatoshiX like this.
    06-19-21 07:15 AM
    IMHO, *way* too much overthinking here. Good read, tho.
    RLeeSimon and A Noise Annoys like this.
    06-19-21 07:22 AM
    Hi. I saw something at the G7 and just had a thought. I have been backwards and forwards about sharing but it is beginning to get to me. Here goes: a security guy had a fairly large handset. It had a silver / aluminium band around it a la the Classic and a keyboard. Bezel-less. It was a normal smartphone shape, not like a Classic. It was white or silver and connected to an earpiece.
    Here is my thought. I never believed the whole Bank of America thing. It made no sense economically or in marketing terms. In fact it stank of disinformation. I am just completing my MA in IR and about to start a Ph.D in Security Studies. Let me posit an alternative theory.
    The US Gov wants a new generation of secure phones. They more than anyone know you cannot have this on either an Android or an Apple device despite the fake 'not cooperating' stories that circulate every now and then in the media. These just drive Dumbo's to compromised platforms. The market would be huge. Not just US Gov employees but anyone who wants to do business with the US Gov or allied countries are forced onto the platform. Now everything makes sense including the weird silence.
    Not claiming any kind of inside knowledge but I wrote a thesis on the NSA and GCHQ. Smoke and mirrors is a nice way of putting it. How about this? The product is in development (probably Beta by now). The US Gov has its own chip manufacturing facility for really important systems (fact). No need to buy commercial chips right away. Why else is a company making expensive hires but literally nothing about anything to generate interest??? One answer: their client is assured and wants the silence. We have always been told consumers are a secondary market. It would have to be bigger than BoA to buy this kind of silence. Much bigger. And one reason NOTHING has leaked? How about National Security directives?
    A couple of confessions: From August 20 2021 until well after Xmas I Googled 'new 5g Blackberry' every single day. I still do it almost every week. I am still using my KeyOne Black Edition and my Classic is my home phone. I know I really need to move on but like everyone else I am just hoping next week, next month, next decade......
    Very interested to hear what everyone thinks,
    John
    If this were the case, regarding Onward Mobility, then why issue any press release? Why does it have to involve licensing the BlackBerry name and why the PKB angle or the fact it’s supposed to run Android too?
    06-19-21 07:29 AM
    Hi! OK this is getting deep and I have no special knowledge but something this big couldn't be kept entirely quiet. For just 3 examples of misinformation like this check out Hagellin, BBM and the UK riots and the recent FBI / Apple farce. The US always complained about Hagellin supplying Eastern Block countries deliberately to drive them to the compromised Hagellin machines. The UK Sec State for the Home Office went on UK TV and demanded the BBM key despite the fact we were reading the messages in real time. A Dutch uni cracked Apple in less than a week using undergrad students when the FBI claimed to have been unable to get in for 3 months. And we were reading EnroChat for a year before the news leaked. The list is endless.
    If anyone is building anything new you need interest and sales. OM are doing the exact opposite. There has been just enough info for a smokescreen. And then I saw a strange handset with an American security bloke that for 1 second I thought was a Classic. But it is too big so what was it??
    Sorry to get you all going but I am actually pleased. For the first time since Xmas I actually think there is a phone coming.
    06-19-21 07:45 AM
    Thanks! It is just a thought but hang on to this: I saw the handset. What was it???? If anyone can explain that I'll give up!
    John
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-19-21 07:49 AM
    Hi. The Blackberry name and press release are probably designed to divert interest. Not ours, Russia's and China's. And marketing under the BB name should divert hostile interest nicely. These things are always done this way. Because top secrecy for a BoA handset just doesn't add up. If that is what we really believe i'm getting an FXtec Pro1 but I think I will wait a while, especially now.
    PS REALLY sorry to get people going but I had to know what others thought.
    John
    06-19-21 07:54 AM
    PS VKBs are a security disaster
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-19-21 07:55 AM
    Just gonna cut to the chase with a big, giant no to the entire premise.
    Last edited by conite; 06-19-21 at 09:18 AM.
    06-19-21 08:29 AM
    Hi, hope this doesn't affect my CB usage? I thought it was a fair post after I saw that handset.
    John
    06-19-21 08:52 AM
    Hi, hope this doesn't affect my CB usage? I thought it was a fair post after I saw that handset.
    John
    Of course not. I'm not a mod anyway.

Just having fun with ya.
    06-19-21 09:02 AM
    John
    You haven’t posted anything that violates TOS and R&G so why should you be affected? Everyone here is able to post their opinions. We’re just posting our differing opinions.
    06-19-21 09:02 AM
    Cool. I saw the whole Ambassador thing and a big no to the entire thread and thought you were pulling me for controversial content! Like I said I do not have answers. Just eyes, an expensive (and relevant) education and, like us all, too much hope.
    Regards,
    John
    06-19-21 09:06 AM
    if there's information that cannot be allowed to be hacked, don't put it on a device that has internet access. that's all.
    06-19-21 09:06 AM
    Can you expand upon that? Both PKB and VKB are an input method that need an app or program to run. Equally easy to log key presses...?
    06-19-21 09:17 AM
    Hi mate, just something I heard in a lecture. It was to do with encryption apps and Android. As I wouldn't trust any encryption app I only half listened.
    John
    06-19-21 09:30 AM
    Can you expand upon that? Both PKB and VKB are an input method that need an app or program to run. Equally easy to log key presses...?
    Hi mate, just something I heard in a lecture. It was to do with encryption apps and Android. As I wouldn't trust any encryption app I only half listened.
    John
    The only issue I ever heard regarding this was collecting smudge data to determine the most likely numbers used in a pin.
    06-19-21 09:38 AM
    Hi. Sorry, I am not that techy. The sort of methods they use include adjusting the voltage to chips momentarily to kind of reboot them and reading the radiation from the screen. Beyond what the average user can comprehend, including me. If you want to know what they could do 10 years ago check out the NSA Archive at GWU. But beware that whatever you read there is out of date. It is really good for proving when politicians / spooks have lied in the past, especially about what they can do / were doing.
    Regards,
    John
    06-19-21 09:51 AM
    The Intercept has some good leaks to as of course does Wikileaks
    06-19-21 09:54 AM
    The only issue I ever heard regarding this was collecting smudge data to determine the most likely numbers used in a pin.
    Boy does my PKB ever feel safe now.
    06-19-21 10:29 AM
    Boy does my PKB ever feel safe now.
    Fort Knox.
    06-19-21 10:35 AM
    Fort Knox.
    I'm going to abandon mobile life and figure out how to use only dumbphone.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-21 11:49 AM
    I'm locking myself in the house from now on with my tin foil hat and cape. 24/7. no more phones or computers. only face to face communications from now on. masks and social distancing, of course. wow! I'm feeling better already!!
    06-19-21 03:40 PM