What my buddy Thor said was that the Z10 would blow away the competition. It didn't.

If you're one of those people that lives in a fictional world where BlackBerry is top dog and the millions of people who are buying other devices and operating systems just don't know any better then there's no point in having further discussion.

OS and hardware are linked. Especially true on BlackBerry case where they make the hardware and OS.

BlackBerry is a great system, but it has its failings. Not accepting that will only lead to further downfall.

Time to face reality.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Do you really believe users buy Android because it's the best?

Ha ha ha
    02-09-14 01:32 PM

Ha ha ha
    Given the sales of Android phones....people don't even buy the best Android available haha. it's all about marketing and gimmicks and Samsung has a lock down, they don't have the best phones.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 01:41 PM

Ha ha ha
    They buy them because they want specs and features that the phone has.

One way or the other BlackBerry is losing and there's a reason. If you want think that's cause everyone isn't as smart as you then go right ahead.

That's been BlackBerry's attitude for years. Not listening to any criticism. Look where it has got them.

You can call me a hater if you want. Obviously I'm not or I wouldn't have been using BlackBerry phones for the last 7 years. But I am realistic that BlackBerry need to make certain changes and it starts with realizing that they aren't the top dog anymore.

HasKam likes this.
    02-09-14 02:34 PM
    No new phone till Summer 2015 will mean that existing market sales and mind share will evaporate. You can't take a year and a half off, and Qwerty device sales aren't doing any better or in demand. I hope that the device is coming, or the timeline is off.

Posted via CB10
    crazigee likes this.
    02-09-14 04:36 PM

Ha ha ha
    Perceived value for the money. Large 1080 screens, apps, etc at a great price. Even the emerging market Android Device are great values. With Apple you get great ecosystem and product support infrastructure.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 04:41 PM
    It was my understanding from that than an octacore phone was due by 2015, but the quad core Ontario is on the list for this year.
    02-09-14 04:53 PM
    It was my understanding from that than an octacore phone was due by 2015, but the quad core Ontario is on the list for this year.
    Me also. I hope the Z50/Ontario is due this year.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 05:08 PM
    Far too soon to get excited about a development platform lol.
    Blackberry_Boss likes this.
    02-09-14 05:16 PM
    Just in time for Android phones to be 16 core.
    02-10-14 01:55 PM
    No new phone till Summer 2015 will mean that existing market sales and mind share will evaporate. You can't take a year and a half off, and Qwerty device sales aren't doing any better or in demand. I hope that the device is coming, or the timeline is off.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Let's hope that there will be a full touch screen released in the interim. High end touch screen that is.

02-10-14 07:37 PM
    All this crap in this thread. My wife wants a new phone. I am probably getting her a Droid simply because I don't want to hear her get passed off over some missing app that she wants.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 12:10 PM
    Imagine you have a meltdown... Damn I would feel sorry for you! LOL wake up in the morning with two heads... There was talk of a nuclear car don't know about a phone :/

Posted via CB10
    If you have a meltdown, I suggest an anger management course, or (cheaper) just dive into your Bible. Many good sayings in there.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    02-12-14 06:01 PM
    Thanks for that info. I've never heard of sapphire glass. I'll have to research that a bit.

The Ubuntu Edge concept phone was supposed to have it. Sapphire is the second hardest (natural, hardness 9) material in the world, after the diamond (hardness 10).

Keys (iron, hardness about 7), won't scratch it.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    02-12-14 06:16 PM
    Will this be Foxconn built?

Posted via CB10 on my ?Zed10
    02-12-14 07:57 PM
    Will this be Foxconn built?

Posted via CB10 on my ?Zed10
    Based on statements from Chen, I wouldn't think so. He has implied that Foxconn will be building low end devices for the emerging markets.

02-13-14 11:21 AM
    Could be Foxconn built and Bbry designed.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 11:51 AM
    Could be Foxconn built and Bbry designed.

Posted via CB10
    That's true but it could be that done that way, but from what Chen said it sounded like he was saying that only low end devices would be built by Foxconn and be would continue to make high end devices.

That's what it sounded like to me anyway.

02-13-14 12:54 PM
    02-18-14 02:06 AM
    Apparently It's Been Killed.. http://berryflow.com/2014/02/goodbye...llo-windemere/ Ontario, not the Octo device

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-18-14 12:11 PM
    This would make for a nice z10 upgrade when my contract is up.

I hope it is spring 2015 though. Regardless, they need to announce a date prior to the 2 year anniversary of the z10s release.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 12:50 PM
    Apparently It's Been Killed.. http://berryflow.com/2014/02/goodbye...llo-windemere/ Ontario, not the Octo device

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    How true is this? I'm bummed if this is the case for Ontario.. Like the next full touch high end would be due by 2015? Goodluck.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 03:14 PM
    How true is this? I'm bummed if this is the case for Ontario.. Like the next full touch high end would be due by 2015? Goodluck.

Posted via CB10
    Always hard to know when there's no sources quoted.

If it was indeed cut, it would have been at the last minute. Time will tell...
    02-24-14 07:03 PM
    Always hard to know when there's no sources quoted.

If it was indeed cut, it would have been at the last minute. Time will tell...
    Sorry, it was on berry I think so 50/50 but also said they're pushing the windmire ,.. we'll see over the next few hours

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-25-14 12:34 AM

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I still think that they need to release a high end touch screen device by the end of summer 2014. Even if they focus more on Enterprise and QWERTY I don't think they can make a comeback without at least one high end touch.

By summer 2014 it will be 18 months since the release of the Z10. They don't think they can afford to wait much longer than that between releases of high end touch devices.

iPhone and Galaxy each release a new high end device once a year. BlackBerry needs to be able to do the same if they are going to convince the public they are still a going concern.

03-02-14 05:32 PM
    I still think that they need to release a high end touch screen device by the end of summer 2014. Even if they focus more on Enterprise and QWERTY I don't think they can make a comeback without at least one high end touch.

By summer 2014 it will be 18 months since the release of the Z10. They don't think they can afford to wait much longer than that between releases of high end touch devices.

iPhone and Galaxy each release a new high end device once a year. BlackBerry needs to be able to do the same if they are going to convince the public they are still a going concern.

Why are you missing out the Z30?

And the Octacore should be a high end touch screen device..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-03-14 01:21 AM
65 123